• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immunity from lack of something

No we are talking about immunity in fictional perspective. You are simply nitpicking at this point and going topic off.

No we are talking about immunity in fictional perspective. You are simply nitpicking at this point and going topic off.
Since when lacking of something in fictional perspective is mean immunity? And yeah the auhthor perspective when he wrote fiction is common perspective. And where i nitpicking?

How you suppose soul hax someone who does not have soul. Explain the logic to me.

How you suppose soul hax someone who does not have soul. Explain the logic to me.
Is even that what i talking about in here?
In previous page i already say lack of something is immunity but not fully immunity because they still can bound by some atribute they lacking of

I don't agree with the premise of the OP. Entities which lack aspects about their existence, such as a soul, are inherently immune towards abilities which manipulate the soul because they lack the aspect in question which is necessarily required for the manipulation to occur. Just because people in fiction can either bypass this inherent immunity through granting that soulless character a soul or having goofy fictional powers that can make logical contradictions mute doesn't mean we handwave away this blatantly self-evident notion.

If characters are capable of doing those actions, then denote that on the profiles themselves. We don't need separate abilities or different quantifications made for shit that's supposed to be intuitively gained given the evidence.

I don't agree with the premise of the OP. Entities which lack aspects about their existence, such as a soul, are inherently immune towards abilities which manipulate the soul because they lack the aspect in question which is necessarily required for the manipulation to occur. Just because people in fiction can either bypass this inherent immunity through granting that soulless character a soul or having goofy fictional powers that can make logical contradictions mute doesn't mean we handwave away this blatantly self-evident notion.

If characters are capable of doing those actions, then denote that on the profiles themselves. We don't need separate abilities or different quantifications made for shit that's supposed to be intuitively gained given the evidence.
The problem is, it is common sense that if you not have something just make you have something for manipulate. I dont know where the logical contradictions here, because it very logical

The problem is, it is common sense that if you not have something just make you have something for manipulate. I dont know where the logical contradictions here, because it very logical
It is also very irrelevant.

Let's say there is a robot. This robot cannot be biologically manipulated because it is not a biological being.

Then a reality warper appears and changes reality so that the inorganic robot is now a living flesh-and-blood human being.

Great, now someone with biological manipulation can affect them, right? So what? That doesn't change the fact that when the robot was just a robot, it was immune to biological manipulation. Just because you changed a character's nature so that the immunity no longer exists doesn't erase the fact that the immunity was there at one point.

I have been saying it the whole time, at this point he is starting to stonewall. How many staff members do we need to close this thread?

Honestly, I'd say pull the plug on this thread, this went nowhere

I think you guys are all looking at the topic of this thread from the wrong perspective really. But that’s a subjective thing that would be really impossible to change. Also sorry for being gone for so long, when I got home from work I immediately just passed out, it was exhausting today. And now it’s super late where I live.

So I also agree with this thread dying, because I can see people are getting my point just from a different perspectives. And people have also agreed with the ops point, just in a different context. So I think this thread actually did it’s job, just in a really roundabout subtle way (probably not the best way to explain, but I’m dying here give me a break, my brain is currently half on (like I nearly passed out driving home 3 times, work today sucked)).

It is also very irrelevant.

Let's say there is a robot. This robot cannot be biologically manipulated because it is not a biological being.

Then a reality warper appears and changes reality so that the inorganic robot is now a living flesh-and-blood human being.

Great, now someone with biological manipulation can affect them, right? So what? That doesn't change the fact that when the robot was just a robot, it was immune to biological manipulation. Just because you changed a character's nature so that the immunity no longer exists doesn't erase the fact that the immunity was there at one point.
Bruh... i dont say lack of something is not immunity, it was immunity yes of course. But is not fully immune to atribute they lack of, i mean they not completely unbound, they still can be bound by that atribute

Bruh... i dont say lack of something is not immunity, it was immunity yes of course. But is not fully immune to atribute they lack of, i mean they not completely unbound, they still can be bound by that atribute
It's impossible to be completely unbound by something in fiction, just like it's impossible to be completely unaffected by stuff even with Acausality Type 5. A higher entity could also just, do it anyways, it's the same reason even people with NEP need proof they can survive their plane of existence being destroyed.

It's impossible to be completely unbound by something in fiction, just like it's impossible to be completely unaffected by stuff even with Acausality Type 5. A higher entity could also just, do it anyways, it's the same reason even people with NEP need proof they can survive their plane of existence being destroyed.
I mean that be completely unbound is being unaffected by any kind of manipulation of that atribute, it is creation manipulate or destroyed or anything. Being lack of something by default you can just add that atribute in

Well higher being need feats for kill NEP character, if you destroy they plane of existence is mean they actually not die but being cannot do anything that equal to die
And well even lack of something can defend you from higher being manipulation of that atribute, i mean if you lack of soul, the soul manipulation from 4D 10D or even infinite D cannot manipulate your soul

I mean that be completely unbound is being unaffected by any kind of manipulation of that atribute, it is creation manipulate or destroyed or anything. Being lack of something by default you can just add that atribute in

Well higher being need feats for kill NEP character, if you destroy they plane of existence is mean they actually not die but being cannot do anything that equal to die
And well even lack of something can defend you from higher being manipulation of that atribute, i mean if you lack of soul, the soul manipulation from 4D 10D or even infinite D cannot manipulate your soul
That's not what I meant. Your argument is if one is truly immune to soul manipulation, it's not just they lack a soul, but they can't even be given a soul, as that would circumvent their immunity. However, whatever is stopping them from being given a soul would have to be an ability or power of their level. Meaning a being of a higher level could just give them a soul anyway.

Exactly, meaning in fiction where there is no limit to how strong characters can be, there is no such thing as true immunity. Splitting Immunity into two would be pointless, as both versions would still be overcome by a being of a higher tier giving them a soul and manipulating it anyway.

Exactly, meaning in fiction where there is no limit to how strong characters can be, there is no such thing as true immunity. Splitting Immunity into two would be pointless, as both versions would still be overcome by a being of a higher tier giving them a soul and manipulating it anyway.
Yeah because that what not completely or fully immunity that i mean. There are no true immunity like there are no true immortality in fiction
Every ability in this wiki will still be overcome by a being from higher existence

Yeah because that what not completely or fully immunity that i mean. There are no true immunity like there are no true immortality in fiction
Every ability in this wiki will still be overcome by a being from higher existence
Ok, then we can drop this thread. The Immunity you are proposing, meaning someone lacking an aspect, and being unable to gain sed aspect back, hasn't been demonstrated in enough verses to be added to the wiki. At most, it's a unique ability/technique that can be listed in their profile.

Back