• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality type 8 instead of Abstract existence on azur lane.

"Abstract Existence (Type 2): Shipgirls are the physical manifestation of human will, along with their emotions, feeling, thoughts, and imaginations. Stated to be conceptual existence"
First of all
"Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it."
well the shipgirl is not embodying the belief and they are not the manifestation of human feelings if they were the wisdom cube would not be able to manifest the Blueprints shipgirls so it is the wisdom cube that does everything.
so they are just the manifestation of the belief "the warship is a girl"(in a nutshell) now what do I mean by manifestation? Well
The wisdom cube collects the beliefs and then create the being in the image of the concept clearly not a abstract existence type 2 but an immortality type 8 since that the shipgirls are reliant on the wisdom cube
8: Reliant Immortality: The character gets benefited by 1 or more other types of Immortality as long as a certain being, object, place, and/or concept or more may grant them those benefits, losing them otherwise.
object: wisdom cube.
concept:the warship are women
Well i think that everyone now can get my point now any opinion becomes immortality type 8

Chinese translation and english translation
however even if this collecting emotions still cannot be classified as abstract existence for shipgirls.
Edit: this thread is about to remove abstract existence type 2 i am against both read the latest message

Last edited:
So for immo type 8, does the wisdom cube have a single use? It seems fine to use but just want clarification on that

So for immo type 8, does the wisdom cube have a single use? It seems fine to use but just want clarification on that
the wisdom cube may have a different use but this has nothing to do with the creation of the shipgirl
Aside the proof of AE, there is nothing to go on for immo type 8.
well, I mean the wisdom cube create the being in the image of the concept, clearly no one here is embodies anything so where the proof of abstract existence type 2? and their existence Is reliant on the wisdom cube the shipgirl is not embodying the idea but this Is their wisdom cube

Last edited:
you'll have to rephrase your proof a bit more cause I am a bit confused by your wording.

I think I agree with abstract existence though

As long as their reason for existence is thoughts and emotions, they should qualify for AE
Their existence Is reliant on the wisdom cube what you are talking about?... without the wisdom cube you cant bring them to life their reason for existence is the wisdom cube along with the concepts
as long as their wisdom cube is there they can't die I suppose
or unless you destroy the concepts inside this but that's because the wisdom cube itself is reliant
clearly no one embodies anything here

English translation and chinese translation.
Also exist a limited immortality type 8 i mean

Last edited:
The thing is you'd need proof the wisdom cube sustains their existence and as long as it exists they come back to life. DO you have that?

I find it difficult to understand what you mean, OP, so I can't help much here.

The evidence quoted in the OP does not on its own suggest Immo Type 8, just that they need it to manifest as humans rather than ships. Nothing suggests they could return to life with the Wisdom Cube technology.

I don't even know if I'd support Abstract Existence. The feat seems to be that these cubes pull from the human consciousness to decide on a new form for the ship. But this doesn't make it Abstract, at the most basic interpretation it would just mean the cube can read minds and creates a form in response to that input.

I find it difficult to understand what you mean, OP, so I can't help much here.

The evidence quoted in the OP does not on its own suggest Immo Type 8, just that they need it to manifest as humans rather than ships. Nothing suggests they could return to life with the Wisdom Cube technology.

I don't even know if I'd support Abstract Existence. The feat seems to be that these cubes pull from the human consciousness to decide on a new form for the ship. But this doesn't make it Abstract, at the most basic interpretation it would just mean the cube can read minds and creates a form in response to that input.
"Theoretically, even if there is no "ship history" for a proposed ship, as long as enough design drawings and human knowledge of them are collected, they can be materialized, meow!"
i.e. anyone could say "if the cube reads enough belief it will to manifest the concept.
I don't know how abstract existence was accepted tbh.
therefore I am strongly against abstract existence so yh it should be removed

All OP did was just copy paste the abstract existence and immortality page without explaining why they shouldn't have AE

im going to copy paste this
There are many statements that support ships in Azur Lane being conceptual entities, although the best supporting evidence are the statements that derive from Akashi. She's one of the smartest characters in the series and as such, her words should hold a high degree of truth to them, only being surpassed by The Sirens, aka the creators of The Wisdom Cubes

The statements come from Akashi's research logs, which goes more in-depth about Ships

From "Fune" to "Human" ... The basis of the realization of "Mental Cube" is the set of feelings, emotions, and images of a certain thing by an unspecified number of people, that is, "thought body".
Therefore, even if there is no "Kanreki", it should be possible to realize it with a large amount of blueprints and human recognition!
So what this basically is telling us is that Ships in Azur Lane are the realization of feelings, emotions and images. They are formed when a number of people give form to them through these things. To put it simple, they are formed out of human cognition and thoughts

What also is told to us is that ships can also form themselves into being when a "large amount" of people recognize them. So what this means is that Ships are reliant on human cognition and thus would have Immortality (Type 8)

For ships to be able to manifest as humans ... the Wisdom Cube allows the collections of various feelings, emotions, and images from an unspecified number of people to take on a physical form ... in other words, a "collective body, "nya.
In theory, even if there was a ship that never existed, as long as peoples' beliefs in their form and function were strong enough, we would be able to manifest them as well, nya!

In the English Version of this, it's further specified that Ships are also incorporel and naturally lack a physical form. So this adds credence to them being conceptual in nature and not just born directly of concepts (by VBW standards, this would make them Type 2 abstracts). Even if a Ship never existed, such as ships that were scrapped or destroyed before they had any real history, can manifest into existence with human cognition giving them form

It should be noted that the anime goes with all three versions of Azur Lane and compiles them, so one translation of Azur Lane isn't exactly non-cannon persay and incorporates elements of all three...Speaking of the anime

The Anime also adds credence to this idea as well. It directly cites them as manifestions of human will and this aligns with what was said above. So not only does the games agree with this notion, it's a consistent thing across mediums as well.

Although let's return back to the game at hand. Outside of Akashi, we have many other statements of ships being conceptual beings. Namely from many factions such as The Sakura Empire. These statements come from Dreamwaker's Butterfly

Converted Yamato-class hull, armored aircraft carrier Shinano. You were built to represent the hope of the Sakura Empire, but your actual performance...
The manifestation of humanity's dreams and hopes, the Wisdom Cube... But there are special ones among them.
I am a weapon... the embodiment of humanity's thoughts, the wishes for which they fight.
These statements come from Shinano, whom of which is also rather reliable and also with how consistent these statements are, I doubt she'd be wrong anyways. That aside, these statements further affirm the notion that ships are representations of human cognition and form into existence through human feelings, emotions and images. Here it specified it's relative to whatever nation they originate from, so Enterprise for example, would be reliant on The United State's own cognition.
Ships in Azur Lane are conceptual in nature and they all are embodiments of humanity's feelings, hopes, dreams, emotions and images. In essence, a Ship in Azur Lane is incorporeal and manifests a physical form through human cognition being accumulated. In addition to this, Ships possess Immortality of both Type 1 & 8, as they are unable to age and are reliant on said human cognition. Akashi even elaborates and say so long there is human cognition and "blueprints" a ship can manifest and with those things truly around, a Ship can't be killed for good. So yeah, pretty neat stuff

Hard disagree with OP

Last edited:
All OP did was just copy paste the abstract existence and immortality page without explaining why they shouldn't have AE

im going to copy paste this
There are many statements that support ships in Azur Lane being conceptual entities, although the best supporting evidence are the statements that derive from Akashi. She's one of the smartest characters in the series and as such, her words should hold a high degree of truth to them, only being surpassed by The Sirens, aka the creators of The Wisdom Cubes

The statements come from Akashi's research logs, which goes more in-depth about Ships

From "Fune" to "Human" ... The basis of the realization of "Mental Cube" is the set of feelings, emotions, and images of a certain thing by an unspecified number of people, that is, "thought body".
Therefore, even if there is no "Kanreki", it should be possible to realize it with a large amount of blueprints and human recognition!
So what this basically is telling us is that Ships in Azur Lane are the realization of feelings, emotions and images. They are formed when a number of people give form to them through these things. To put it simple, they are formed out of human cognition and thoughts

What also is told to us is that ships can also form themselves into being when a "large amount" of people recognize them. So what this means is that Ships are reliant on human cognition and thus would have Immortality (Type 8)

For ships to be able to manifest as humans ... the Wisdom Cube allows the collections of various feelings, emotions, and images from an unspecified number of people to take on a physical form ... in other words, a "collective body, "nya.
In theory, even if there was a ship that never existed, as long as peoples' beliefs in their form and function were strong enough, we would be able to manifest them as well, nya!

In the English Version of this, it's further specified that Ships are also incorporel and naturally lack a physical form. So this adds credence to them being conceptual in nature and not just born directly of concepts (by VBW standards, this would make them Type 2 abstracts). Even if a Ship never existed, such as ships that were scrapped or destroyed before they had any real history, can manifest into existence with human cognition giving them form

It should be noted that the anime goes with all three versions of Azur Lane and compiles them, so one translation of Azur Lane isn't exactly non-cannon persay and incorporates elements of all three...Speaking of the anime

The Anime also adds credence to this idea as well. It directly cites them as manifestions of human will and this aligns with what was said above. So not only does the games agree with this notion, it's a consistent thing across mediums as well.

Although let's return back to the game at hand. Outside of Akashi, we have many other statements of ships being conceptual beings. Namely from many factions such as The Sakura Empire. These statements come from Dreamwaker's Butterfly

Converted Yamato-class hull, armored aircraft carrier Shinano. You were built to represent the hope of the Sakura Empire, but your actual performance...
The manifestation of humanity's dreams and hopes, the Wisdom Cube... But there are special ones among them.
I am a weapon... the embodiment of humanity's thoughts, the wishes for which they fight.
These statements come from Shinano, whom of which is also rather reliable and also with how consistent these statements are, I doubt she'd be wrong anyways. That aside, these statements further affirm the notion that ships are representations of human cognition and form into existence through human feelings, emotions and images. Here it specified it's relative to whatever nation they originate from, so Enterprise for example, would be reliant on The United State's own cognition.
Ships in Azur Lane are conceptual in nature and they all are embodiments of humanity's feelings, hopes, dreams, emotions and images. In essence, a Ship in Azur Lane is incorporeal and manifests a physical form through human cognition being accumulated. In addition to this, Ships possess Immortality of both Type 1 & 8, as they are unable to age and are reliant on said human cognition. Akashi even elaborates and say so long there is human cognition and "blueprints" a ship can manifest and with those things truly around, a Ship can't be killed for good. So yeah, pretty neat stuff
Dont copy paste from Omniversal wiki pls 2A shipgirl abstract existence type 1 shipgirl tf? Is he trolling or what?
First part Is a big no
"Telling us" What that the wisdom cube is taking infromations and reading what humans think of these ships and giving them a physical body? Blueprints shipgirls then? They dont have Humanity emotions but them are still manifested so my opinion Is more right than your the shipgirl Is based on history and what humans think of these ships damn this is basic logic.
Anime Is not canon no matter thing .and this is just philosophical language why the hell are you taking this so seriously?.
“ Converted Yamato-class hull, armored aircraft carrier Shinano. You were built to represent the hope of the Sakura Empire, but your actual performance... „
“ The manifestation of humanity's dreams and hopes, the Wisdom Cube... But there are special ones among them. „
“ I am a weapon... the embodiment of humanity's thoughts, the wishes for which they fight".
again simply sentimental language .
were built to represent the hope of the Sakura "Empire, but your actual performance...
were built to represent the hope of the Sakura Empire".
Do i have to debunk this seriously?

Last edited:
Back then this scan was rejected because it kinda vague and non-specific, however now it is valid with the new information regarding shipgirl existence, as Dr.Anzeel, who is shipgirl creator, directly stated shipgirls are conceptual existence and they embodies human emotion which is abstract in nature, exactly confirm the first scan where Akashi stated about shipgirl's nature, in the same scan Dr.Aoste directly stated KAN-SEN (Shipgirl) draw information from the Wisdom Cube and are embodied as individuals with personalities based upon the concepts and emotions imprinted in their hull data. Also this scan from anime stated shipgirls are the physical manifestation of human will

Their weapon also stated to be conceptual which allow them to totally overwhelm and destroy modern conventional warship despite their rigging is just human-sized, always allow them to come out on top when it come to these confrontations. Shipgirl's attacks can damage other Shipgirls down to their Wisdom Cube which in turn damage data & informations that formed Shipgirls' existence and their hull/rigging, these damages can only be fixed by using the power of Wisdom Cube which contains data, informations and concepts composing Shipgirl existence and their hull/rigging. They themselves also an existence formed entirely and powered by he Wisdom Cube

Immo 8 and AE at the same time makes sence

disagree FRA

Back then this scan was rejected because it kinda vague and non-specific, however now it is valid with the new information regarding shipgirl existence, as Dr.Anzeel, who is shipgirl creator, directly stated shipgirls are conceptual existence and they embodies human emotion which is abstract in nature, exactly confirm the first scan where Akashi stated about shipgirl's nature, in the same scan Dr.Aoste directly stated KAN-SEN (Shipgirl) draw information from the Wisdom Cube and are embodied as individuals with personalities based upon the concepts and emotions imprinted in their hull data. Also this scan from anime stated shipgirls are the physical manifestation of human will

Their weapon also stated to be conceptual which allow them to totally overwhelm and destroy modern conventional warship despite their rigging is just human-sized, always allow them to come out on top when it come to these confrontations. Shipgirl's attacks can damage other Shipgirls down to their Wisdom Cube which in turn damage data & informations that formed Shipgirls' existence and their hull/rigging, these damages can only be fixed by using the power of Wisdom Cube which contains data, informations and concepts composing Shipgirl existence and their hull/rigging. They themselves also an existence formed entirely and powered by he Wisdom Cube

Immo 8 and AE at the same time makes sence

disagree FRA
Never said conceptual existence in chinese translation

Last edited:
this is the real translation
KHNrHIN.png

disagree

your own scan even talks about how they are conceptual

Last edited:
Disagree with the OP, this is just the Abstract Existence Type 2 which was previously accepted for valid reasons. Ones that no, you haven't sufficiently debunked.

There was a discussion about this even before AE type 2 was added for them

and due to their bodies requiring human intervention to craft physical bodies of them using wisdom cubes and all
they cannot have type 8 immortality because type 8 requires one to automatically revive themselves by the object that grants them type 8

AE type 2 still works

Disagree with the OP, this is just the Abstract Existence Type 2 which was previously accepted for valid reasons. Ones that no, you haven't sufficiently debunked.
if they need the wisdom cube how can it be abstract existence type 2? they were literally created artificially here no one is embodying anything if this Is this Is not enough to get abstract existence type 2
guys I honestly don't know how this can be abstract existence type 2 when they were created artificially it goes against any logic.
they are simply based on history and human cognition here Humanity cognition only serves to bring this information to life bc the shipgirl Is a living being but this Is not his soul this the reality lens that make them real or something like that.
Edit:With the power of Wisdom Cube technology, the Reality Lens can materialize the images of people in a form similar to lucid dreams."

Last edited:
where is the scan that says, "shipgirls are created artificially"

you are trying to trick us by using a bunch of scans that talks about something else entirely to people who have no knowledge of the verse

where is the scan that says, "shipgirls are created artificially"

you are trying to trick us by using a bunch of scans that talks about something else entirely to people who have no knowledge of the verse
Read what Mr. Bambu said to see what I mean

didn't this guy already try to get rid of Azur Lane's ae2 once and miserably failed or am I thinking of someone else

Damn I can't view this guy's profile

Last edited:
Back