• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality Type 4 Removal

Due to my current situation at home I'm unable to help out, my time online is short, sorry.

I'm generally off work until 5pm (Mountain Time), so I can help with this during the day.

As far as today goes, though, I won't be here for another couple of hours. IRL matters.

Again, I am able to help. I work and sleep most of the time nowadays haha not depressing hahahahaha but I'm able to take on some pages. Even if it ends up being something ridiculous I could take a 1k slice. Make a night of it. Why not.

Once the change is done, the issue will be adding the new immortality to people who can use resurrection for themselves or reincarnate.

I got work today and tomorrow, but I'll be able to help out updating some of the verses I'm familiar with. I know Fire Emblem, is another example; characters such as Medeus, Grima and Naga are capable of reincarnation.

Edit: Oh, we're removing first before adding. In that case Ashunera is having her type 4 removed.

I may be busy on the weekend, actually.

For the profiles which are not locked, I can help during the weekend.

Oh. Good point, I guess. Obviously profiles will need unlocked.

It is probably best to work in team in which there is at least one administrators or content moderator in each of them, so they can update the locked profile pages.

Could be. That or specifically assign locked pages to whatever Content Mods/Admins are helping and leave the unlocked pages to the others.

It is better to simply make lists of the locked pages that the members who cannot edit them encounter, and then mention them to the administrators and content moderators who are helping out, so they can edit them instead.

While I am handling other tasks this weekend and next week (I am taking a small break next weekend) I have little bits of free time in which I can help.

All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces..
"All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces..."

Feels appropriate.

Quick question, would this new Type 4 be added onto profiles that only have one confirmed reincarnation?

We haven't started or organized this. We're still in the planning stages. Yes, the decision is final, but as a whole, we're not ready to start.

I agree with Prom that the page should be updated and those that currently have type 4 should first be removed before we add type 4 to anything to avoid confusion.

So is this project ever going to get started?

Okay. Are you willing to organise them into checking through different parts of the profiles list?

There's between 3500 and 4000 links in the main namespace. (As Monarch needed a total number of pages that linked to immortality).

Yes there are, but each of the edits is comparatively minor, and there is no rush to get all of it done at once.

4000 pages

7 people who can unlock profiles.

If we could get one more content mod or admin, it could be 500 pages to check each.

I just checked again, it's actually between 4500 and 5000 pages linked to immortality.

3 more people who can edit / unlock profiles would be nice.

Back