• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed revision

@VenomElite Could you write up a clear wording for this? I am very exhausted. People have seemed to be 3 times as active as usual for the last few days.

Okay. Thanks. Are you fine with this wording A6colute?

@A6colute Okay. Thank you for the reply.

All of the profiles that currently have immeasurable speed due to moving in a space without time.

We might have to start another thread for the whole community in order to find and list all of them though.

Okay. Thank you. I have informed Kavpeny about this. Hopefully he will find the time to organise the project. If not, Ryukama or Azathoth might be able to help out.

Shit storm-ish bits aside, can someone quickly give me a run down of whats the new hopefullynotcomplicatedagain definition of Immeasurable will be if we're even still keeping it at this point will be based on?

A6colute & Sera Are you willing to help Cross (and the rest of us) out in this regard?

A6colute & Sera Are you willing to help Cross (and the rest of us) out in this regard?

Well, It's better if someone who better with English summarize this.

If you write a good definition for what immeasurable speed means, I can fix the language afterwards.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Shit storm-ish bits aside, can someone quickly give me a run down of whats the new hopefullynotcomplicatedagain definition of Immeasurable will be if we're even still keeping it at this point will be based on?
Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. S = D/T. If T is undefined than the speed formula cannot be applied. Same reason why multiple temporal dimensions grants immeasurable speed.

In practice, everyone who moves freely trough time (with that i mean, who is Immeasurable) has a higher temporal dimension that they perceive linearly just how we perceive regular time.

Think about the phrase "before that timeline was destroyed". There is no "before" if you follow linear time. The "before" exists only if you consider a higher dimension of time, which is how a Immeasurable being perceive causality.

Thank you for the help Sera. Since we seem to have solved how we should revise the definition, I am waiting for Kavpeny to get the time to reply. We may need his help to organise the practical profile revisions.

Mr.Mxys 5D status give him both higher temporal and spatial nature. He sees 3D beings as spatially flat and he is also ball of time in the Multiverse.

Also, yes, Mxyzptlk and other 5D imps were stated to encompass and move freely through "hypertime", essentially branching timeline possibilities constantly diverging from and merging with each other.

@Sera: Thanks. :)

@Matt and Ant: Wonder if we had more characters like that on here...probably would have been good to have more examples like with Mxyzptlk, aye

Kavpeny has told me that he will try to help out with organising the practical revisions.

In the meantime, are everybody okay with if I revise the Speed page based on the following comments by Sera and Ven?

"Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. S = D/T. If T is undefined than the speed formula cannot be applied. Same reason why multiple temporal dimensions grants immeasurable speed."

"Movement in a realm without space or time does not mean a character has immeasurable speed within a realm of space and time, because there is no distance or time to be measured in the first place."

Aite.

Oh yeah, that's another thing of it that came to my mind. If we had put something like this the last time we changed our definition? I probably would have understood it a lot better...just saying that out here.

Yes, me too. It was rather ill-considered, given that after The Living Tribunal1 disproved the old system, we had nothing proper to replace it with.

Well just to say this here, Redgrave has some concerns (more or less) about the new change for Immeasurable. IDK if and/or when he'll comment here, but just saying that he has some questions (again, more or less) on it that probably could be of interest to here.

Just gonna leave it to him to come to here about it himself.

well i just wonder here is that well we have a formula on speed and stuff but i just wonder how do we even know when the result will be well...infinite ik if it doesn't apply its immeasurable but how would that would with infinite speed anyway? I just thought if you are 4D you're already infinitely above a 3D person and can't exactly be comprehended...well take this with a grain of salt cause i'm no expert ofc just trying to give my two cents *shrugs*

Being infinitely geometrically larger does not automatically translate into moving any swifter.

For example, if I remember correctly, if an object has moved a distance in 4 dimensions, A, B, C, and D, the velocity is calculated by:

Velocity = (A^2 + B^2 + C^2 + D^2) / Time

However, it has been a long time since I did math, so I might remember wrong.

I just thought if you are 4D you're already infinitely above a 3D person and can't exactly be comprehended...

For example, in "Flatland" 3D objects don't infinitely faster than 2D objects.

If you are 4D in the sense that you have 4 spatial dimensions, the speed is still measurable by normal means. The V=S/T formula can be applied to any number of spatial dimensions, as long as there is a single temporal dimension.

The only real problem that a 3D being would have would be gathering the data about the 4D one moving, because it's unable to perceive its movement in its entirety. But if it was given the data about it, the 3D being would be able to calculate the speed.

Anyway, are everybody okay with if I adjust the speed page according to my previous post?

Okay. Thanks. I will start to modify the page then.

Back