• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed Reimu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
It may sounds crazy, but it seems to be actually legit.

When Reimu uses Fantasy Nature, she seems to "Float out of reality". But what does Reality imply here?

We can determin this via the other characters' abilities, since it was stated that nothing can reach her in this state.

We have Sakuya, who can manipulates space and time. She even manages to access other Alternate Universes using this.

We also have Yukari, seemingly capable of accessing Fiction (Thus, other Universes)

This leads us to the fact that Reimu can float beyond both the reach of Alternate Universes and that of normal space and time. But what is the requirement for having Immeasurable speed? Being able to move around outside normal space time. Which is exactly what Reimu does when she uses Fantasy Nature. This is further proved by the fact that when she uses it, she can "teleport" instantly from one place to another (In our perception anyway)

So, Reimu would have Immeasurable speed when using Fantasy Nature.

Well, I think that she would have to possess at least two dimensions of time to qualify.

This basically means that she, at a minimum, would have to embody all possibilities in many timelines at once.

However, I am uncertain where exactly to draw the line, so it may be best to politely ask DarkLK to give input.

Actually, if Reimu has immesurable speed, the requirement for having that states that you have to be in Tier 2-C or above to have it. This would have to mean that she would have to a 4-D being or more.

Otherwise, this could just be considered teleportation. You could just say that she has instant speed via teleportation (there are some profiles that state this). It she does have immesurable speed however, I would think it make sense to give Reimu a massive upgrade.

Well, if Reimu is below 2-C, she obviously cannot qualify.

I don't think Reimus "floating abve reality" works like that actually.

She flys above reality and enters a state in which she can not be affected, similar to sabers avalon to use an example. I don't think she is beyond linear time or can timetravel using it.

"Above reality" likely doesn't mean outside the timeline or anything but more in a metaphysical sense.

That sakuyas timestop wouldn't work is for example also speculation, I think. It may works but is useless because even if it does it sakuya couldn't do anything against reimu in that state.

So my theory to Reimus Fantasy Nature is more that it is above reality in the sense of reality as opposite to fiction. She enters a state in which she basically is fiction and through that can ignore real things and also rules of reality to degree. Like she can for example also sorround enemys by flying in a straight line, if I recall correctly.

So time likely effects her like normal while it is activated, I believe.

Uh... but if she ignored reality, she shouldn't be affected by time, at all, since time is an aspect of reality (well,or she didn't think that far to do it). I'm more surprise she won't go crazy everytime she used it.

...Though Marisa herself said that this ability of her came just as natural as breathing, so...

If Fantasy Nature is used, then what can affect her? Higher-Dimensional powers or something?

Theoractically, nothing. She would be literally traveling into the unknown, the impossible, the fantasy. Where there're no rule and anything is possible.

I know it cannot ever give her any level of omnipotence whatsoever. Otherwise not only is she is invincible, but even her physical attacks of the simplest kind, would make touching her fatal.

That's why there's the spell card rule. Unfortunately though, because there's such a thing, we won't really know whether she could do it or not.

For now let just said she could "potentially" do it, because there's no evident to suggest with or against it, and call it a day.

Dekoshu said:
If Fantasy Nature is used, then what can affect her? Higher-Dimensional powers or something?

It is a hax ability so without further proof I would assume it stops working against powers above what I call the "hax border", which is 2-C. Anything else should be seen as NLF for now.

Technically she should also get beaten by the Yorihime in a serious fight, so likely it can be dealt with somehow. For now it is safest to count it basically as a form of intangibility or something, I think.

It's a force forfeit in her case though, because Yorihime just screw the rule right there and nearly kill her. Reimu doesn't pulled out her Fantasy Nature too.

...And if she did escape the "hax border" before it generate, it's kinda free game.

P.s: My personal opinion only, but i don't think Reimu even came from the Touhou's reality anymore.

Well, 2-C is usually the limit to such things because most attacks at that point screw with pyhsics either way. You could also say that if someone destroys the timeline reimu is also never born and can never use fantasy nature to survive the attack. So you would speculate here that fantasy nature makes her acausal, which isn't mentioned.

The yorihime notion wasn't from the practicle fight, but the speculation that reimus fantasy nature goes as far as to not be effected by sakuya or yukari only comes from the statement that nobody could beat reimu if she used it, right?

Yorihime was equally stated to be unbeatable by anyone in gensokyo, so that would mean she technically should defeat serious reimu somehow.

Well, more like Yukari stated that there's no people on earth that could fight against the lunarian... But Reimu sometime doesn't even considered to be on earth anyway.

That's why i suggest she doesn't even begin herself in the Touhou's reality. And with her ability to ignored reality, she should be able to do the impossible: ignoring the notion that you wouldn't exist because your timeline have been destroy. It's like the cheapest thing children said in a shouting match.

Could we call it and agreeing that she have the potential for it, please? Fantasy doesn't appreciate logic at all, you know

It does not seem like she fits into our definition of immeasurable speed, so probably not.

Since nothing change at all (aside from confirming the nature of her power (to ignore reality)), guess i will have to agree with you then.

...Look like my Medaka Box/Touhou fanfiction still isn't real yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back