• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable Speed: Physically Transcending Space-Time

Can somebody remind me with a summary of the discussion here thus far please?
Okay so to give a summary of my thread's proposals, I am advocating that physically transcending space and time to travel into higher dimensions and back should qualify for immeasurable speed, under the context that it is a speed feat and NOT an ability.

The current standards, as they are now, accept characters who can physically move through linear time as having immeasurable speed. So physically moving from the past to the present, or present to the future, qualifies for immeasurable speed. And I have no problems with that requirement. The issue here comes from what's not accepted as immeasurable speed. And in this case, it's physical space-time transcendence.

If transcending space and time is proven to be done in the context of free physical movement for speed, then the character would be moving beyond all of linear time as a whole to reach locations beyond it, and then going back to where they started from. That should qualify for immeasurable speed as well for doing more than what the former qualification does.

On top of that, physically transcending space-time would still mean moving through linear time as you would have to move from your starting point in time to then leave that point in time to then transcend, and then to return, you're re-entering linear time to go back to where you left from.

Doesn't this make low 1-Cs immeasurable by default?
I don't think so. This proposal is to allow characters who can physically transcend time and space with movement to qualify for immeasurable speed.

I don't think being Low 1-C automatically entails that. But that's a different discussion.

I don't think so. This proposal is to allow characters who can physically transcend time and space with movement to qualify for immeasurable speed.

I don't think being Low 1-C automatically entails that. But that's a different discussion.
I think if you are Low 1-C means you are either or Higher D or 3D (or whatever) who can destroy 5D universe/multiverse/reallity
I think at least for Higher D due to move in a place where it trascend linear time.

I don't know if I'm derailing, because it could be an important point

Mathematically speaking, moving in higher spatial dimensions is not an automatic speed feat at all, so I hope that you refer to higher-dimensional temporal dimensions.

Mathematically speaking, moving in higher spatial dimensions is not an automatic speed feat at all, so I hope that you refer to higher-dimensional temporal dimensions.
The kind of higher dimensions im speaking about are ones that are proven within the particular verse itself to transcend space and time instead of simply being a higher dimension.

Would this fall under that?

The only relevant issue for immeasurable speed is transcending linear time and treating it like a physical dimension to move around in. Moving beyond the confines of a specific space-time continuum does not tend to automatically fall under that banner, and such enormous speeds are usually contradicted by the narrative outside of this in my experience.

The only relevant issue for immeasurable speed is transcending linear time and treating it like a physical dimension to move around in. Moving beyond the confines of a specific space-time continuum does not tend to automatically fall under that banner, and such enormous speeds are usually contradicted by the narrative outside of this in my experience.
The latter case is of course not something I didn't consider. If it's an outlier for the particular verse compared to general speed statistics, that's more or less a separate issue.

The main crux for this thread is to propose physical space-time transcendence should being able to qualify just as physical movement throughout linear time qualifies for immeasurable speed as the former should be the same thing as, if not superior, to the latter qualification.

I think that it seems too unspecific and unreliable. My apologies.

Then can I get an explanation for why it wouldn't qualify then? Because me and several users who agreed with this don't understand why.

If moving through linear time with free movement is able to grant immeasurable speed, then why would freely moving beyond all of linear time all together through movement not grant immeasurable speed?

So the question was about reaching higher temporal dimensions being something for Infinite speed? Well, simply reaching the dimension wouldn't be Immeasurable speed if they can only reach specific points in the higher dimension. If characters can travel through two or more temporal dimensions freely or simultaneously, that pretty much a next level of Immeasurable and would thus be a different story. But simply reaching a realm outside of time and space, or even a plane of existence above time and space doesn't quite cut it, but would be ranged dimensional travel.

I mean he's talking about reaching those realms with speed, like let's say a guy is running through time and has immeasurable speed for it. Then this guy decides to do an even more impressive feat, being running outside of space and time altogether into a higher dimension and then going back to the timestream.

The more impressive feat currently doesn't qualify for immeasurable while the lesser feat does. Kukui's proposal is to change it so they both give immeasurable speed.

Again, higher spatial dimensions have nothing whatsoever to do with speed, if that is what you are saying.

Outside of time does not mean being superior to it, and all that, for example, 5-dimensional velocity would mean in practice is s=√(d1^2 + d2^2 + d3^2 + d4^2 +d5^2)/t , if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
This is where the problem comes now. Let’s say Character A comes from a verse where there exists many higher dimensions, all of which are proven to transcend space and time. And Character A is able to physically travel to these higher dimensions freely, roam through them and can travel back to his 3-D realm. Again, as a speed feat and not
I think it would be better for these higher dimensional planes to have their own transcendent space and time. That is it's not just another spatial dimension or axis of movement. We are talking about a dimension with reality fiction transcendence.
This higher plane has more than one temporal dimension along with space.

Say for example you are reading a fictional story in a book...... the story has a past, present and future , but this is transcended by our own temporal dimension of real world.
The life of these 2D lower dimensional character is trivialised by us higher 3D beings.

So imagine if this 2D character exited his story and entered our higher D world and exited back to his story into the same time point or different one via pure speed. This is immeasurable speed.
Disclaimer:- this is just a equivalence I thought up to explain what I wanted to explain.

I think this video explains it better what I feel....

So basically if you can physically move from your temporal dimension to upper temporal dimension and enter down into your back again at any point, thats immeasurable speed.

Outside of time does not mean being superior to it, and all that, for example, 5-dimensional velocity would mean in practice is v=√(s1^2 + s2^2 + s3^2 + s4^2 +s5^2)/t , if I remember correctly.
I think what OP is trying to explain is...

Immeasurable speed = time duration physically moved in lower temporal dimension divided by time duration in higher temporal dimension.

Basically re-imagining S=D/T by replacing space in numerator with normal time of our own temporal dimension, and time in denominator with higher time of transcendent realm.

So basically since immeasurable speed is movement in linear time as if it were spatial dimension. Hence time is undefined, since you literally move in it instead of being bound by it and measured against it. But you are still bound to higher temporal dimension. That is you can still be measured against it.

Last edited:
actually i wonder why we are provng mathematically explanation, when timless void feats "mathematically explanation" was incosistent/can't be applied

I think it would be better for these higher dimensional planes to have their own transcendent space and time. That is it's not just another spatial dimension or axis of movement. We are talking about a dimension with reality fiction transcendence.
This higher plane has more than one temporal dimension along with space.
To clarify, this is exactly what im talking about. That the higher dimension in question transcends both space and time. Its not just some simple higher dimension, but transcends both time and space and is superior to the lower dimensions. And the character in question can freely travel to said higher superior dimensions and back.

Example: Character A is from a 3-D realm. His verse has 30 higher dimensional worlds, so it goes from 3-D to 30-D. Each of these higher dimensions within the verse are proven to transcend time and space as true higher dimensions and have a fictional / infinite superiority to the lower dimensional worlds, making them legitimate higher dimensions. Character A decides to leave his point in time from his 3-D universe and physically moves into the 30-D universe, where he can interact inside of it freely too. And then travels back to his point in time in his 3-D universe, again, with physical movement.

Under this context is what im proposing should be considered immeasurable speed as we do with linear time movement.

To clarify, this is exactly what im talking about. That the higher dimension in question transcends both space and time. Its not just some simple higher dimension, but transcends both time and space and is superior to the lower dimensions. And the character in question can freely travel to said higher superior dimensions and back.
What you describe sounds merely as the character entering a realm in which speed doesn't make sense and then coming back into the normal world. I don't see how that has relevance for speed or makes Immeasurable.

Can this character win a race against another character that reached the finish line 5 seconds before the race started? Only if said character has showings of reentering time in the past, after leaving for outside of spacetime (and then one would have to ask whether that is more than timetravel/Immeasurable travel speed).
Can this character react to an Immeasurable character attacking them? I.e. can it react to an attack that targets them 5 minutes ago? By default, I see no reason for that. Only if it is explained.

A character like that could be immeasurable, but the ability to go outside/"transcend" spacetime adds nothing to it as far as I see. You need additional explanation to take this as Immeasurable and, in the end, the amount of explanation you need is exactly as much as for immeasurable without transcending spacetime. Or at least not much less.

Back