• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

imagine

if a verse used our tiering system and our standards...In-universe. So characters would have a tier assigned to them, whether that be 9-B or 3-A, and their feats would match this level. And, to avoid becoming like Suggsverse, it would have a good story- probably Worm level or more.

Now, let's say one character in this verse said another character was '1-A', and that character doesn't exaggerate. Would that cause us to rank that character is 1-A?

Iirc verses that clearly are written by powerscalers (even with good story) aren't allowed on the wiki, so realistically speaking, the mods probably won't allow one that obviously mimic that of VsBattles. I've yet to see someone test the limits of this though until we wait for a decently popular story that uses VsBattle standards

Iirc verses that clearly are written by powerscalers (even with good story) aren't allowed on the wiki, so realistically speaking, the mods probably won't allow one that obviously mimic that of VsBattles. I've yet to see someone test the limits of this though until we wait for a decently popular story that uses VsBattle standards
That kinda sucks but is also really understandable lmao.

And tho I haven't read them are Akuto sai-verse and A wild last boss along with Instant Death not clearly written by powerscalers?

What constitutes as a verse written by powerscalers? Since oda technically powerscales in one piece using the usual shounen scaling while Kamachi technically powerscales in toaru with the whole science and magic hax.

Is it refering to stuff like this where the character becomes stronger than you by thinking?

I am ninety-five percent certain they are referring to verses like Suggsverse which was crafted to be powerscaled and scaled highly.
A powerscaler just making a story for the fun of it most likely wouldn't fall under this criteria. Although, there is still a matter of author bias.

I am ninety-five percent certain they are referring to verses like Suggsverse which was crafted to be powerscaled and scaled highly.
A powerscaler just making a story for the fun of it most likely wouldn't fall under this criteria. Although, there is still a matter of author bias.
I feel that. I write on and off, and don't really care about how high feats are. I just think about what would be cool in verse (that doesn't break the plot) and do that. Sometimes I'm like "I need to do something cool with this character, let's have him make tremors that can be felt on every planet in the solar system" and have characters scale to feats like that when they reach a comparable level or something like that.

But for the most part, I have an idea of how strong I want the verse to be. Some go up to Tier 3 or Tier 2, others are like Tier 8, and some are Tier 6. Really the only time I'm tempted to inflate values is when I think it would be cool for a character to fight another one. For example, if I made a bald martial artist who can defeat stronger opponents due to massively skill stomping and a plethora of hax, it'd be tempted to make him Low 5-B to fight Saitama, who's essentially the antithesis of that (minus both being bald lol).

ngl, the bald martial artist thing is actually a pretty dope concept. I may have to do something with that.

I do wish we did allow verses written by battleboarders on the site, since if I did make a verse I'd be really interested to see how the site interpreted my writing lol. Of course, authors who are making shit just so they can be strong shouldn't be allowed, but I'm talking about like, normal people, and not idiots like suggs.

A story parodying vs community could be fun tho.

Like a guy who beat tier 0s by using his NLF smurf hax.
Actually, I plan to make the plot for my videogame that

"Wait, why we're here? Did some nerd from an higher dimensional battleboard site got bored and decided to pit us against Mr. Cute Penguin 64?"

"What do you mean I can only defeat this guy by driving a car even if I have abilities that could make the planet explode?"

Actually, I plan to make the plot for my videogame that

"Wait, why we're here? Did some nerd from an higher dimensional battleboard site got bored and decided to pit us against Mr. Cute Penguin 64?"

"What do you mean I can only defeat this guy by driving a car even if I have abilities that could make the planet explode?"
An overlord downgrading you by proving how you make no sense instead of stealing your power sounds funny too

Eh, I'm planing on using a kind of law (manip) system that keeps everything pretty consistent, like tying the attack potency and other stats of every character to an special universal aspect that defines their existance. Which also has some plot potential if, for example, someone decides to turn off the law that regulates external kinetic output, as without it even breathing can apply galaxy-busting power.

hmm, isn't a wild last boss appeared written by a japanese version of a powerscaler?
jotaro-kujo-yes.gif

Obviously if I made a verse, I would like my characters to be haxxed and strong as possible lol. This is common sense if you are a Shonen writer.

It's probably a case-by-case basis. As I recall though, if you were a member of the wiki, then no matter what, your verse won't be allowed to be included in the wiki.
For very obvious reasons such as exploiting the wiki's system for one.

When it's just a writer that knows about powerscaling, I guess it would depend on their usage of battleboarding knowledge. If it takes too much from the wiki's system then it's likely fricked.

It's probably a case-by-case basis. As I recall though, if you were a member of the wiki, then no matter what, your verse won't be allowed to be included in the wiki.
For very obvious reasons such as exploiting the wiki's system for one.
what if you leave and wait 10 years before writing your verse?

Back