• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and greetings to the general populace of this wiki. You may or may not be familiar with me. That's irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant to me right now is the multiple layers of ****** and in trouble that I'm currently in.

Why?

• MessengerScreenshot10-18-2019

Straightforward.

Yesterday night, I suddenly lost access to my primary Gmail account, which caused me to go into a panic. That's when I received this message on Facebook, from someone I definitely do not know. Short-answer is, this person has locked me out of my own Gmail account, thus making me lose access to dozens of private conversations, extremely importante documents and backup copies of other members of family's projects, my own projects, and uncountable amounts of sensitive material that were stored in my Google Driv accounte, and, indirectly, this allowed him to gain access of multiple media and websites I'm subscribed to, such as Reddit, Coinbase (a crypto-website I was cashing in on), and multiple others. Not only that, throug my Google email he managed to gain access to my private business account, which is, needless to say, a potential life-ruining issue. Any attempts to regain access of any of those things through pretty much any means will immediately alert him, and the consequences are certainly going to be disastrous for my life.

His request to give me back my Gmail account is $45 on Paypal. I first reported this issue looking for help on the official VBW Discord, one of the few things he had no access to (mainly because I used a disposable email to sub to Discord). Multiple people gave me suggestions, and for that I'm immensely grateful. Ultimately, with Agnaa, Kepekley and some other people's suggestions, we arrived at the following possibilities:

• 1. Contact Google's support team for help: I had done this the moment I lost access to the account. This went nowhere; the person who has hijacked my account changed my recovery email, and Google had recently shut down the Security Questions system (which I had never used to begin with), meaning I had pretty much no way to retrieve my account (other than via phone, which'd alert the hacker). This person also used a VPN to change his general IP to be the same as my area's, meaning they couldn't confirm the account was being accessed from a different location, either, so I ran into a dead end.
  • 2. Pay the $45 Paypal cash, get the account back, and then charge the Money back: This possibility is the one I'm currently leaning towards. Apparently, Paypal has a good cashback system and, by doing this, I'd be losing nothing, since I'd be recovering the $45 and my account at the same time, as opposed to sitting and waiting like a duck. The hacker in question also seems to be a good-faith guy (ruining people's lives aside), since he could have very well charged much more ridiculous amounts, given his context of my situation.
The only problem with this is that getting $45 on Paypal is not easy, except via donations. $45 USD is worth nearly 500 bucks of my country's own currency, and my own credit card is currently locked, which just troubles the waters even further.

You guys have no idea how it feels to be this helpless - any sort of bluff you may think this guy is pulling on me is legit. Trust me, I have checked. He has access to almost everything I have, and any slip-up could result in not just my, but also my family's very stability being destroyed. The only reason I still have access to my Messenger account is because he needs a way to communicate with me. If I do literally anything wrong, he can start sending malware to everyone in my friend list and to my distant Family embers, delete all my documents, **** up my private business email, etc. I am literally at the mercy of some random dude whose face I haven't even seen, all for ******* 50 US bucks.

I am in trouble.

Yes, I have, despite my wariness of cops in general.

This guy is most likely from the Southern Hemisphere, and I [currently] live all the way north in Sweden. All I got from doing that was a "we will look into the issue" response, and some email stuff (which I used my alternate email for) that isn't worth speaking of here.

I'm just coming here to vouch that this is very much a real issue. He came earlier on the VBW Discord asking for help, and I myself DM'd him with other suggestions later. This is very much a real threat and the guy who hacked him is a meticulous person who had clearly spent a long time preparing beforehand. A measly 50 bucks is being held as bargain for someone's entire virtual and work life. It's rather sick to think about. This is not just a major crime, it's one that is being done for nearly no pay-off. Imagine if this person were to be in a position of greater power.

There's zero shame in asking someone to help you with donations. I would donate myself, if it were not for the fact that I have cash issues related to my credit card (also, 45 dollars is ~200 Brazilian reais). Forty-five US dollars aren't worth your life getting ruined. This isn't just your social media. As you said, if he has access to your work emails and private documents, we're talking about reality.

Oh crap, this sucks really bad. I hope whoever hacked you gets brought to justice and that you get you identity back.

If the hacker doesn't hold up to his end of the deal, he can just charge the money back via Paypal's chargeback system, so there's no scenario where he loses if he sends out the money, but there's a scenario where he is...fornicated if he tries to get his Gmail account back via any other means. Though he is the one to decide what he should do at the end of the day.

In fact, sending him the money and then charging it back anyway if he does hold up to the end of the deal is what you absolutely should do. Would be the ultimate slap in the face of this random loser. As I said in the Discord, if you did this, he wouldn't be alerted to it until Paypal actually accepted or denied the chargeback, and by then you'd have gotten all your accounts back.

I very much know this kind of hacking sinc I was myself hacked with this method, it's A Ransomwar, the hacker want money to give access to your account, if you didn't buy, he simply erase your data, for an analogy, it's like if someone brought a TNT bomb in your home, steal your home key and ask money if you don't wan't him to explode the bomb

Honestly, I'am probably a Dick but you should probably contact The authorities, DON'T BUY it, the condition are too complicate to make a bad move, your life is in danger after all.

I've heard from Kep and some others that Paypal has a pretty good chargeback system. If I do give him the cash, I can easily get it back if he doesn't hold up to the end of the bargain, so that isn't a problem to me.

I'm all ears here, but I've tried pretty much about anything that wouldn't tip him off.

If this is as meticulous as it's being described as and he has info that is that vital to begin with, I highly doubt his end game is a measly 50 bucks. Depending on what his plan is, paying him could just get you into bigger trouble. At best, you'll have him constantly hovering over you and demanding more and more money. Don't give him anything, we can google search for places and agencies that deal with this kind of thing.

You DEFINITELY should not believe he is a good faith man and that he will kindly return your accounts to you after you pay him. You need to be prepared for the worst, and I don't wish that for you and hope thing would end in good way.

Also from my little experience I know hackers are always prepared for that kind of situations. I'm sure he knows that you can get back your money and that this won't end on some 50 bucks.

Not really an knowledgeable on this kinda stuff so i cant really be much help. I did link this on a discord server im on that is largely familiar with the wiki to spread the word a little. Hopefully someone from there may be able to help out or give advice.

What is the dude going to do if he charges back? Going by what Paradox said on Discord, he has no access to his Discord, Paypal, and VSBW accounts. I think it's safer to just ask for someone to donate and then pay the $45, charge it back, change all your passwords and then send a pic of your nuts to the hacker as a **** you. The dude currently has access to life-threatening (figuratively) material. I think it's more dangerous not to take the chance, to be fair.

I'm experienced with Paypal and trade sites. The chargeback system on Paypal is pretty good. Paradox can pick whatever he wants, but right now he doesn't seem to have a lot of options.

Also, this hacker sounds all computer smarts and zero street smarts. If his end-game is just to get the cash and then ask for more on top of it, he is dumb as all ****. If you asked for 50 bucks and then told someone you wanted more than just the 50, they would never be dumb enough to trade with you a second time. They'd know your deal.

I must have lots of good faith, since I personally believe no one is able to meticulously hack people to this degree and still be this dumb.

Most hacking these days is done via pretending to be someone else online, or by inserting virus/malware in other documents sent to your email account by someone else. So that they can have direct access to whoever they entended to be. Do note that the received file/link must be opened in order for this to work. Do you renember receiving any shady messages from that account? If not, then look into the sites that were most likely to have been the original point of insertion of the hacker.

Pop ups could also be the cause of this.

P.S: I'm not an expert in hacking.

Pretty much agree with what Kep has said tbh:

• Pay using PayPal
  • Get your account back
  • Change your passwords on everything you can
  • Get your money back
  • Get as much information as possible of the criminal and take screenshots of every word written
  • Contact the police and present your evidence
If your account isn't returned, I'd just contact any websites you have an account on and start from scratch. Otherwise you'd basically be squeezed of everything you have and possibly worse.

If I get the money and send it out, my endgame plan is charging back regardless of whether he holds up to his end of the bargain or not. If he doesn't, going nuclear is the deal. If he does, probably going to change every password, ceate a backup, reset my computer, charge it back, and possibly send a NSFW pic to slap him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back