• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm doing this for chaos - Grimmon vs Misogi Kumagawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh could go either way, both have concrete ways of winning, but honestly I see Misogi coming out on top more often, not insanely more, heck not even a good bit, just barely FRA, gonna look over their profiles again and change my vote if needed

Gonna have to go with misogi. Bookmaker+Allfiction. Once Grimmon gets a taste of bookmaker the battle is over. Question? Why doesn't kumagawa just erase Grimmons memories, abilities, existence? Also, would mind hax reallly work on kumagawa? He can erase cause and effect. He made the reality that zenkichi kicked him non-existent, so the damage that he took disappeared. So if this dude tried to take over his brain, couldn't he just make the reality that grimmon mind haxed him non-existent? One more thing, lets say that Grimmon does take over his mind. I'm pretty sure that kumagawa can activate all fiction even with his mind taken over and make it so that his mind was never taken over in the first place. I mean in the manga he literally died and made all fiction activate after his death and than came back to life. If thats the case, can't he just make all fiction activate after he's controlled?

The God Of Procrastination said:
His mind is still his when he dies.
Okay, that didn't really answer my other questions. Why can't kumagawa just erase his memories, brain, existence? Or negate mind manipulation with his ability to erase cause and effect? There's plenty of comments that literally say grimmon thinks and turns kumagawa into a vegetable, but kumagawa can do the same thing. It works both ways. Kumagawa literally has the ability to make anything in reality nonexistent. We've seen him erase people, cause and effect, memories, five senses, color, his own aura, death, etc. Erasing grimmons brain or memories and effectively killing him would be very simple, and he can do it with a thought since he doesn't need to use his hand to use All Fiction. I don't see why grimmon would have the upper hand.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The whole point of Chrono DSR is that it's the release of the virus by emitting energy. The Energy balls released are just spreading the virus around. Depending on what Grimmon/Chrono Core wants, it can:

Steal the power of Evolution from Digimon and completely incapacitate humans immediately.

Mind hax the opponent.

Completely degrade them. In this case completely obliterating the mind, body and soul of the victim.

The Chrono Core needed Grimmon's body in order to get stronger, but everything Grimmon can due is a result of said Chrono Core (Aside from possibly his power of summoning. I think Grimmon naturally a Digimon who revolved around summoning)

So if Misogi does indeed stop time for his movement, he still has to deal with the virus form the Chrono Data controlling him. And if he kills Grimmon, more than likely the Chrono Core will go after him and fuse with Misogi seeing as Misogi has some pretty useful powers. And seeing as this is Mystic Energy Grimmon, this means that he's pretty early on in his plan, meaning that he won't have any qualms in fusing with another being.
Aren't you just saying that if Misogi kills Grimmon then Chronomon will kill Misogi?

How is that allowed for a win and why isn't it considered outside help?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Meanwhile I should explain Chrono DSR. The fact of the is that it is a result of Chronomo's power. Grimmon himself does not have this power, the only reason he has this is due to the Chrono Core in which is the virus left behind by Chronomon after it forced to enter it's Destroy Mode (the Dragon form).
The whole point of the Grimmon is that the Chrono Core fused with him after Chronomon was defeated and restored back into its Holy Mode. This allowed Grimmon to use Chrono DSR. The whole point of Chrono DSR is that it's the release of the virus by emitting energy. The Energy balls released are just spreading the virus around. Depending on what Grimmon/Chrono Core wants, it can:

Steal the power of Evolution from Digimon and completely incapacitate humans immediately.

Mind hax the opponent.

Completely degrade them. In this case completely obliterating the mind, body and soul of the victim.

The Chrono Core needed Grimmon's body in order to get stronger, but everything Grimmon can due is a result of said Chrono Core (Aside from possibly his power of summoning. I think Grimmon naturally a Digimon who revolved around summoning)

So if Misogi does indeed stop time for his movement, he still has to deal with the virus form the Chrono Data controlling him. And if he kills Grimmon, more than likely the Chrono Core will go after him and fuse with Misogi seeing as Misogi has some pretty useful powers. And seeing as this is Mystic Energy Grimmon, this means that he's pretty early on in his plan, meaning that he won't have any qualms in fusing with another being.

And in case you bring up Sayo or Koh, I should note that they were able to resist the effects of Chrono DSR. So he had no chance at possessing them or their Digimon.
When kumagawa makes his attack pretty much instantaneous, he uses bookmaker which will seal all of grimmon's abilities. After that, he could easily defeat grimmon without killing him.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Grimmon has such potent mind hax that it worked on people with 4-D 2-A mind hax resist. Kumagawa is completely ****** here.
According to other people in the thread Grimmon doesn't always open with mindhax. And whenever it does, Kumagawa will also open with a thought-based winning action, making it essentially a cointoss on who wins (mindhax or infinite speed blitz/instant death/instant powernull)

Since Grimmon sometimes opens with a thing that gives it a 50/50 to win, and sometimes opens with something that would guaranteed lose, Kumagawa would usually win. So I'm voting for Kumagawa.

Doesn't Kumagawa stand around and monologue in character? also he tends to take hits similar to Medaka because he knows he can regen from it with all fiction. He does often go for infinite speed amp and while he states he can use it to instant death/erase some1 I don't think anyone ever does in the series if im not mistaken? they just say they can. Also doesn't Bookmaker just reduce enemies intellect, technique, body, and spirit with Book Maker, will that even affect Grimmons mind hax?

Kumagawa would have to know that mind hax is Grimmon's specialty and specifically know to go for errasing it which he wouldn't do before seeing it in action (Kumagawa's fight against the guy that manipulates colour he takes his barrage of knifes before regening, when he fights Zenkichi and takes his barrage of kicks on purpose before errasing the damage, when he fights Medaka he goes for Bookmaker and it doesn't help at all)

Kumagawa would have to be bloodlusted for that argument to work.

@Agnaa

Except Grimmons other leading move is Chrono DSR which erases Misogi on a physical Spiritual level.

If he doesn't lead with mindhax he uses DSR and he dies anyway

1. I think he sometimes does it, but I honestly don't remember how often he does it when he's willing to kill/doesn't need to buy time.

2. I'm not sure how often he takes hits because of that. He's stated to alongside 4 other characters but Medaka's the main one that shows that.

3. I think he has used infinite speed to take out multiple people before.

4. Bookmaker also seals abilities iirc.

5. I don't think Kumagawa could even "erase an ability" like mindhax.

6. Kumagawa's fight against colour guy does lean into him taking damage, but when fighting Zenkichi he was purposefully taking hits to lower the platform, to heal using AF to **** over Zenkichi.

@Schnee One I didn't know that Chrono DSR would instakill Misogi, because you said that Misogi would win of Grimmon opened with that.

But in that case, if Grimmon always opens with something that instakills Misogi, and Misogi occasionally opens with something that doesn't win, I'll change my vote to Grimmon.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Doesn't Kumagawa stand around and monologue in character? also he tends to take hits similar to Medaka because he knows he can regen from it with all fiction. He does often go for infinite speed amp and while he states he can use it to instant death/erase some1 I don't think anyone ever does in the series if im not mistaken? they just say they can. Also doesn't Bookmaker just reduce enemies intellect, technique, body, and spirit with Book Maker, will that even affect Grimmons mind hax?
Kumagawa would have to know that mind hax is Grimmon's specialty and specifically know to go for errasing it which he wouldn't do before seeing it in action (Kumagawa's fight against the guy that manipulates colour he takes his barrage of knifes before regening, when he fights Zenkichi and takes his barrage of kicks on purpose before errasing the damage, when he fights Medaka he goes for Bookmaker and it doesn't help at all)

Kumagawa would have to be bloodlusted for that argument to work.
Bookmaker is pretty much a major status debuff and it seals abilities. It's shown in the manga on multiple occasions that when somone is hit with bookmaker, they can't use their abilitiy anymore. It would definetly seal grimmons mind hax.

I also voted for Grimmon, btw.

I could jump in the argument and defend Misogi. But meh, i don't like thi matchup either way. Inconc FRA.

Cus i mean we'r already at grace so it doesn;'t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back