• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm doing this for chaos - Grimmon vs Misogi Kumagawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, you didn't debunk Kumagawa's win conditions, you just made Grimmon's not as likely to be gone for. Or at least not as likely that he goes for his quick draw abilities. So like, I didn't expect Kumagawa to come out with the win here lol, at least not once we started arguing it. Thought he was gonna get an inconclusive

But

You voted Incon

I pointed out Misogi

Doesn't matter the reasons :p

Also, Mini Derail, have you heard of a series called Book Eating magician?

I changed my vote to Kumagawa based on your and mine reasons combined. I originally voted based on the assumption that Grimmon goes for Mind Hax in character to start the vast majority of the time. However, in light of the fact that it is no longer 50/50 who goes for their stuff first, It would naturally be Kumagawa more times then not

Exactly

So what are the reasons for the previous

But what's your answer to my little mini derail?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
At this range, he goes for

1) Time Stop Book Maker Blitz

2) Screw Spawn

3) Book Maker Spawn

or, to a lesser likelyhood

4) Time Stop Blitz with Normal Screws, but it comes out to the same thing as 2

Basically just comes down to is who lands their stuff first on the quick draw, so its inconclusive
These were my original reasons for inconclusive, under the assumption that Grimmon would be going for mind hax

You know....simply being in the vicinity of Chrono DSR can mindhax you as well or just flat out erase you. There were many characters simply in the vicinity of his launch of Chrono DSR but not directly hit, bit were still effected. And Chrono DSR only requires a thought for Grimmon to unleash.

I thought something like that at first was the case, but is is guaranteed? Although Kumagawa's Book Maker and All Fiction can work around such abilities

btw I am not understaning this Time Stop/Erasure thing. What is it as I don't see it on the file. Also killing Grimmon doesn't exactly win the fight as the Chrono Core is still alive. (The Grimmon we see is simply possessed. As shown when ExoGrimmon was killed the Chrono Core could still operate)

All Fiction retroactivly erases the time it takes Kumagawa to move. It's really closer to psuedo-teleportation. Psuedo-time stop is misleading.

Meanwhile I should explain Chrono DSR. The fact of the is that it is a result of Chronomo's power. Grimmon himself does not have this power, the only reason he has this is due to the Chrono Core in which is the virus left behind by Chronomon after it forced to enter it's Destroy Mode (the Dragon form).

The whole point of the Grimmon is that the Chrono Core fused with him after Chronomon was defeated and restored back into its Holy Mode. This allowed Grimmon to use Chrono DSR. The whole point of Chrono DSR is that it's the release of the virus by emitting energy. The Energy balls released are just spreading the virus around. Depending on what Grimmon/Chrono Core wants, it can:

Steal the power of Evolution from Digimon and completely incapacitate humans immediately.

Mind hax the opponent.

Completely degrade them. In this case completely obliterating the mind, body and soul of the victim.

The Chrono Core needed Grimmon's body in order to get stronger, but everything Grimmon can due is a result of said Chrono Core (Aside from possibly his power of summoning. I think Grimmon naturally a Digimon who revolved around summoning)

So if Misogi does indeed stop time for his movement, he still has to deal with the virus form the Chrono Data controlling him. And if he kills Grimmon, more than likely the Chrono Core will go after him and fuse with Misogi seeing as Misogi has some pretty useful powers. And seeing as this is Mystic Energy Grimmon, this means that he's pretty early on in his plan, meaning that he won't have any qualms in fusing with another being.

And in case you bring up Sayo or Koh, I should note that they were able to resist the effects of Chrono DSR. So he had no chance at possessing them or their Digimon.

I'm also thinking of upgrading Grimmon to 8-B seeing as it took 3 Rookie Digimon (who are High 8-C+) to fend him off. That at a later date tho.

PaChi2 said:
Just make grimmon 2-A.
NoMoarSmurfs.
No can do. And ironically, Grimmon has no 2-A feats. He's just apart of a 2-A scaling chain. His best feat is actually only Low 2-C.

It doesn't help that Grimmon/Chrono Core is like the most boring Digimon villain. He has a cool design and powerset and that's all he has....

@Dragonmaster

Let me try to explain how his psuedo time stop works. He basically makes the time it would have take to do those actions zero. So basically, while it is psuedo time stop or psuedo teleportation, it can be best thought of pragmatically as amping his speed to infinite but not in a way that gets discounted due to speed equal. Make sense?

Anyway, with that passive stuff going on, I think it is pretty clear Grimmon stomps. Mogura Kugurugi may have been a good match, but I know people would almost instantly push the NLF button

Well there is nothing really passive here. It's moreso that Misogi may defeat the likes of Grimmon, but he the would have to act fast enough to take care of Chrono Core before getting controlled and fused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back