• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm confused about Aim Dodging

FanSyst

Username Only
The page description describes the following:
  1. The character is clearly and explicitly shown to move after the attack/projectile is in motion, depicting quite clearly that the character is reacting to the attack/projectile itself and not its source. For example, a character who is shot at, moving the body after the bullet has left the gun, to dodge it. Just having the attack/projectile be shown in motion simultaneously with the dodge or the attack/projectile be shown in motion with the dodger off panel is not enough. The projectile must be shown in motion with the dodger in the same panel and the dodge coming afterwards. These two feats would not be allowed, but these two would.
There are a variety of calculations where this is not true, and yet they are not considered AD, why does this happen?

For example: This, This, This and This

1: I could be mistaken. But this one shows the man firing, and than we see the person pushing the guy away after the bullets have been fired. The man firing also somehow fired multiple shots before the first bullet even hits the guy. Yeah we don't visibly see the bullets in the air, but we can see he's already fired the gun multiple times and afterward the guy pushes the other guy away.

2: Yeah that Levi one isn't acceptable, he is even shown to react before they actual shoot him. He clearly notice their aim before they fired.

3: I have no idea what is going on in that calc. Those scans are too small for me to read. But I guess I don't see anything suggesting he moved out of the way before the attack.

4: That isn't dodging either. Nothing suggesting he moved after the gun fired.

I assume these calcs are being used? I'm curious on why are you making a general discussion thread about this, instead of a CRT to remove them or a Question Thread to get an answer for why they were accepted. Assuming they are accepted and used on profiles.

Back