• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ignorant Statements 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the novel Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil, it is detailed excruciatingly on an entire page how Darth Bane went out and practised Form III Soresu by going out into a rainstorm and intercepting every single raindrop that fell toward him with his lightsaber. At the end of it all, not one drop of rain had hit him.

But that is just poetic hyperbole.
~ Some downplayer

Facepalm
So an entire page worth of material describing in excruciating detail how this guy went out into the rain and blocked every single drop is hyperbole?

WeeklyBattles said:
Everything above Building level is an outlier
Even Luke causing a 40 million tonne ship with High 7-A durability to violently spasm with his rage? A ship which barely even shudders despite taking High 7-A asteroid impacts?

Yeah, Star Wars only uses laser guns and lightsabers, theyre pbviously Wall level with the stronger guys maybe being Bulding level

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah, Star Wars only uses laser guns and lightsabers, theyre pbviously Wall level with the stronger guys maybe being Bulding level
It's not like:

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force

"It's a specific power for some Power Rangers to have superhuman speed/strength, they gotta be Peak Human."

The Everlasting said:
"It's a specific power for some Power Rangers to have superhuman speed/strength, they gotta be Peak Human."
Not going to lie: At one point, I myself thought this about Power Rangers.

@Matt

Honestly, I didn't think anything about that.

Since I only entered the power analyzation phase AFTER I learned they were Tier 5.

I thought they were Building level or higher. I knew that the Hertless consumed planets, but I didn't know it scales to people.

Charizard is Island Level. That's not wanking, if I was wanking I would be saying Charizard is Planet Level.

(I heard this when Charizard was still Town Level)

The Everlasting said:
I mean... the first half is true.
The estimated yield of all of the world's nuclear arsenals is 6 or 7 Gigatons at most. That won't really be threatening all life on planet Earth.

Our nuclear arsenals would indeed cause great devastation to Earth's environments. But it's not enough to wipe out life entirely. I imagine it will only wipe out megafauna on land with most other life and most marine life being safe. Life would then make a glorious comeback in a few few dozen millennia. Just look at the rebounds life is making at Chernobyl. It's making scientists rethink how resilient life can be. To truly wipe out all life on the planet, we'd need nuclear arsenals probably in the Teraton range. A combination of big ass explosions and fallout from nukes of such magnitude really would wipe out most life. So imagine the K-Pg event but with fallout.

The estimated yield of all of the world's nuclear arsenals is 6 or 7 Gigatons at most. That won't really be threatening all life on planet Earth.

Oh, I was only referring to human life. Not literally every lifeform on the planet.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There's a lot of people now saying that Dragon Ball has never been FTL because of Episode 104's title.
I tend to stay away from spoilers but I'm now curious. What is the title?

"A Faster than Light Battle" or something, and the sinopsys is about how this new character has a way to counter Hit's timestop. The leap in logic then is "He'll counter his timestop by being FTL".

Darkanine said:
@Soldier
"A Faster-Than-Light Battle Begins! Goku and Hit's Joint Front!!"
Ikki is stated in Next Dimension to be Mach 1. And that's after all of Classic Saint Seiya happened.

Shit like this is meaningless in the face of the actual feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back