• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd have to give it to Igneel. First of all, Igneel is most likely higher than High 6-C, it's just that there are no feats to prove that yet.

Even so, if we take their High 6-C versions, I think Igneel can win due to his flight and enhanced defences via dragon scales.

Doesn't Igneel scale to Irene's meteor which is baseline large island level? If so 9 tails is a good bit stronger.

I'm going with Kurama. Though both characters are over hundreds of years old, I think Kurama has shown a greater display of strategy when it comes down to the opponents he has faced, and has sometimes played a big part in helping Naruto come up with strategies.

Also he has the ability to sense negative emotions which will help when trying to evade attacks.

He can also spam biju dama in rapid successions which may not put Igneel down but would be a good distraction.

Igneel is strong, don't get me wrong, but Kurama has ALOT of chakra. Half of him, while in naruto, was able to equally match six other tailed beasts with bijuu bombs. And that is just half of him. Also kurama has tango'd with opponents of high calibur of the same size that can fly and are large island level , such as the seven tails while it was being bloodlusted by Obito. Finally Kurama is smart as shown in the war arc.

That is why I think Kurama would best Igneel.

I'm fairly certain that Kurama is significantly larger than Igneel and strangely enough that I believe is Igneel's greatest advantage. Whilst Kurama should have a good AP advantage, Igneel's size and his flight make him very manuverable which in turn makes him difficult to hit. And while Kurama is intelligent Igneel isn't simply an animal himself, he has shown a fair amount of skill during his brief altercation with Acnologia and if Atlas flames flashback means anything; the title fire dragon king isn't for show alone and he in fact has decent combat experience (how much is unclear, since Igneel didn't show up for very long)

Intelligence i give to igneel for sure.kurama not that smart from what i see.

Not only that ignee has flight anvantage and can mind manipulation

As for kurama he need time to charge bijudama this is second disvantage he has

Other way round actually for inteligence; Kurama has come up with good battle stratagies mid fight and often gives Naruto good advice, whereas igneel and co's 400 year plan to kill Acnologia was so ******** plot armour was the only reason it worked. Igneel also doesn't seem to finish opponents when he has the chance.

Igneel doesn't have mind manipulation, it's Weisslogia and Skiadrum that have mind manip.

Not much of a disadvantage if he times it well plus igneel has to charge his roar (though not for as long).

I can agree that Kurama might be higher inteligence wise, but Igneel's plan wasn't ******** :/

It was the only chance they had since they were low on MP in their timeline. So no, it wasn't "******** plot armor", it was actually a good plan. Besides, the plan was together with Zeref, so it wasn't only the dragons's idea.

ALso Igneel should have mind manipulation, since it was said that he didn't WANT to use it against Natsu, implying that he has it. Not that it matters anyway, because we don't know how it can be used in battle.

But Kurama's size, and Igneel's flight are huge disadvantages for Kurama. Besides, his Bijuu Bomb also takes a while to charge, unlike Igneel.

It was a ******** plan because it could have been easily or even accidentally foiled; for example

1) the eclipse gate could have been destroyed before X777 leaving Natsu and co trapped inside.

2) Acno could have found and killed natsu and co before they were strong enough (ie when they were children); there were at least 16 years during which this could have happened and this actually happened twice and could have happened meny more times including before Natsu and co had even gone through the gate.

3) the plan relied on the dragonslayers becoming powerful enough to kill Acno and that wasn't guaranteed to happen and only happened because of plot armor/typical shonen power progression.

A better plan would be to have Zeref create a few hundered demons that were either:

a) physically stronger than or as strong as Acno with high level regen (so acno couldn't kill them)

b) users of durability bypassing curses (which would work since Acno can only resist and absorb magic not curses; and since the demons use CP the lack of MP wouldn't be a problem)

c) both of the above.

They said Igneel didn't want THEM to use it which doesn't imply igneel has memory manip and as you said we don't know how the memory manip works, if it can be used in battle or on equal or stronger beings.

Igneel isn't small enough to properly exploit the size difference especially with equal speed plus Kurama is used to fighting smaller opponents given most of his enemies have been human (igneel is a fair bit bigger than humans).

Let's avoid using shit words like ********. And holy shit y'all be making things relevant again months later lmao.

Igneel: 3

Kurama: 2

Delta3000 said:
Other way round actually for inteligence; Kurama has come up with good battle stratagies mid fight and often gives Naruto good advice, whereas igneel and co's 400 year plan to kill Acnologia was so ******** plot armour was the only reason it worked. Igneel also doesn't seem to finish opponents when he has the chance.

Igneel doesn't have mind manipulation, it's Weisslogia and Skiadrum that have mind manip.

Not much of a disadvantage if he times it well plus igneel has to charge his roar (though not for as long).
Pretty sure grandine said we dragon can change mind at will not sure tho

1)While this is true, it's not really easy to destroy the gate. More than that, we don't really know what would happen to them if the gate would be destroyed. Maybe they just would stay in their timeline or something

2)He could. Would he though? He didn't know that there were dragon slayers that were sent to the future. Hell, Irene survived all this time as a dragon and he didn't find her. Plus Acno is too arrogant, and the dragons didn't even know that his goal is to eradicate dragons. The real question should be why did Acno wait so long to actually try fulfilling his plan.

3)Yes, there wasn't any proof of it working. But as we know, almost nothing can hurt dragons except dragon slaying magic. So sending dragon slayers is the best bet they have.

a)I'm sure if Zeref was able to do it, he would've done it. For crying out loud, he himself was no match for Acno, and you want him to create something even stronger? As I said, if he could've done it, he would've done it.

b)But these durability bypassing demons would still lack the stats to even be a threat to Acno. Acno would murderstomp them. Literraly the only chance they had is sending Dragon Slayers.

____

Not gonna argue on the Mind Manipulation since there's no confirmation that Igneel does or doesnt have it, and it has nothing to do with the match.

Fair enough on the size point, I somehow thought that Kurama was a lot bigger, but when I checked I realized he isn't THAT big. Flight still matters though. The only thing that Kurama has above Igneel is his intelligence(and not by much). While Igneel has Flight. Which means that Igneel can just fly up and spam attacks, while the only real way Kurama can hurt Igneel is by firing a Bijuu Dama which takes long to charge.

@Delta in regards to the plan, first off I do not think ur being fair to the characters involved with it at all; to explain b4 it seems I'm just trying to defend or pick a fight:

1) at the point the plan was made it was due to necessity not convenience, a majority of the dragons were already dead at this point and those alive (Igneel and Co) already had their souls ripped from them and were dying, there wasn't any character left that would stand a chance at that point in time

2) the eclipse gate was never designed to put them down in X777, it was designed to put them down at a point in the future when magic was plentiful so the dragons could heal

3) the point of the entire plan wasn't to give the slayers the chance to fight and defeat Acnologia; it was for 2 distinct reasons I) so the dragons could heal and face off against Acnologia one more time and ii) to prevent the slayers from becoming dragons themselves. The original intent was for the dragons themselves to defeat Acnologia; that was partly the reason Igneel was insistent on facing him alone. The responsibility fell on the slayers when Igneel fell and the other dragons realised they didn't stand a chance- once again necessity not convenience

4) and they were very well aware of the risk that Acnologia would have straight up destroyed everything- Anna herself mentions it in the series but it was a calculated risk- once again necessity.

And as for the plans u mentioned that would have been better; u seem to forget that Zeref created hundreds of demons and END was his single greatest creation after hundreds attempts (hell even Lacarde the second strongest demon he ever created he considered a failure) nothing came close to END most weren't even as strong as Zeref himself (and Zeref admits that Acnologia would just rag doll him)

@captain torch

1) the gate only has small town level durability so there were more than few people around even before the first time skip capable of destroying it with just physical strength alone. The best case i can imagine is they get ejected back to their own time since it would be the only exit point or the gate just doesn't work at all.

2) A villan not doing anything when they should be is a common trope plus there wouldn't be much of a story if Acno was competent.

3) Zeref could have just made DS demons aswell, he had access to the magic after all. Or he could have just reserected some powerful dragons.

a) He wouldn't because Hiro intended for Natsu (and the other 7 DS's) to kill Acno from the get go so naturally every other character who could do something does nothing or fails .

b) if they can ignore Acno's advantage then they don't need comparable stats to him exept maybe speed. The point of dura ignoring is it lets a weak character take out a stronger one. Even if Acno were to kill any of the demons there's that handy ressurection lab.

@davidsteel1

1 and 2) I'm aware of that.

3)True but but why just use the 400 year plan and not have others like my one with the demons in case it fails? Hiro could even have had the 400 year plan be a one of meny plans to kill Acno but all the others have already failed by the time the series starts.

4) So they were like Gee Acnologia could have started destroying the world or doing whatever he intends to do as we speak but instead of doing somthing that could stop him doing whatever he plans to do now, lets do something that might stop him an unknown number of years, potentially centuries, in the future.

There are only 15 confirmed demons of zeref (if you don't count the nameless Tartaros mooks, assuming said mooks are etherious not natural demons or humans that have been demonified and even then there are only about 100-200 etherious total) and what's to stop Zeref from making more demons better than END or as strong as himself after he made END (Larcade was considered a failure because Larcade was one of the attempts to recreate Natsu.

@Delta

3)Except the demon plan wasn't going to work at all, END was literally the pinnacle of Zeref's demons if he could just make any stronger demons at the snap of a hat he would. Acnologia was a threat to everyone including Zeref himself, he wanted Acnologia dead so y wouldn't he just create more powerful demons if he could? Even more than that Zeref wanted to die if creating a more powerful demon was as easy as ur trying to make it out to be he obviously would have done it, simply saying Zeref should've made a more powerful demon instead of considering whether that endeavour was even possible at all is y I said initially that I don't think ur being entirely fair to the characters involved. And in regards to the multiple plan thing, who would do it? Zeref was the only one who truly knew about Acnologia and he had just straight up given up trying to fight him up until the beginning of the final arc when he came up with Neo Eclipse- and even then that didn't really require him confronting Acnologia directly and instead dealt with resetting time.

4) So instead they should try and fight a war that they already lost? And horribly at that? Like I said earlier, it was about necessity and not convenience- yes hoping that Acnologia didn't destroy everything and leaving the problem for the future was ill advised and was a massive risk on their part but it wasn't something they simply ignored; they recognised it but ultimately weren't given much of a choice in the matter.

If FT was better written or followed realistic logic you would be at least half right (You would be compleatly right if it were confirmed that Zeref had actually tried the demon plan or similar); Real reason other plans wouldn't work is Hiro intended for Natsu (and the other 6 DS's) to kill Acno from the get go so naturally every other character who could do something, does nothing (like Zeref) or fails (like Igneel).

Zeref cannot die due to his immortality and the only way to kill an immortal is to negate or bypass their immortality and raw power doesn't always negate immortality. That said type 4 immortals like Zeref can be killed with sheer power alone but that power must exceed that of the being that granted the immortality (Ankhseram); Which means that if END and Acno cannot kill Zeref (if the statements Zeref made are true) that must mean that Ankhseram is more powerful than Acno and END.

@Delta Anksherams place in FT was vaguely defined- and that's putting it lightly- so giving a proper commentary on him/her is nigh impossible for me. That aside I think we've kinda derailed this thread- a lot actually. Best we stop for the time being

Yeah all the characterization he/she/it got was incorporeal d-bag that weirdly/suspisiously/conveniently lets things slide whenever FT/killing Acno is involved; But your right we did derail this.

Way I see it Igneel's only solid advantage is flight but if Kurama can trick him into melee range (or if Igneel decides to go for melee on his own) Igneel will take an L pretty quickly.

I don't think the size difference gives igneel the advantage especially if he plans on keeping a good distance. iirc Kurama is pretty agile right? So it'd basically be a battle of who can hit who first. To which again I don't believe Igneel has a significant advantage.

EDIT: I vote Kurama via negative emotion sensing to avoid getting hit and if the fight ever gets into CQ he takes it.

If we're assuming Igneel would never engage in CQC or Kurama wouldn't be able to reach him then I'd switch to inconclusive

prime kurama? so two bm narutos v igneel? pretty sure kurama wins, but u never know, since prime igneel>> the igneel we saw

natsu hit a Warrior God on base
without using the power of the dragon king which is a bit to the royal power of the king fire dragon power

warrior god short to the horizon in strength with his sword
natsu a blow won a warrior god that is the size of perfect madara susano that can catch a complete kurama with one hand

I'm sure
physically in strength is superior. the dragon King of Fire is superior

bump

Kurama got upgraded to small country (at minimum) so this should probably be closed.

And @obitun I don't see how natsu beating a town level war god is even relevant. Igneel is also the weaker of the two in terms of stats as he scales to a base line large island feat and Kurama can overpower a combined attack from all the other tailed beasts, who are all large island individually.

Attacks loading with time are effective but delay
if you do not have the time to load your level of destruction is only mountai
with time charged is level code oh island but with time
level island bijuus have to charge for an attack to be powerful......xD
kurama attack level small country ...xD but good
the third raikage grabbed boxing with the 8 tails was a body-to-body
limbo of Madara in a stroke left on the floor all bijuus included kurama with naruto
have category of porters but were hunted by shinobi with force and technical

igneell can take this into strength and speed if Kurama is being placed on charge an attack is at the mercy A good hit oh you of an attack in full loaded and so damage is done the same

one thing is kurama only and another thing is with naruto feats
were in 9 tails chakra mode and not in his physical form where it can be injured and has much less resistance to shocks and attacks

but already put these statistics if you put that then ok
kurama wins
but exploits of natsu say igneel being stronger can knock out kurama a coup as it did madara with less force on all bijuus
but good close this thread won kurama although I am not satisfied by feats that kurama of resistance to physical shock It is very low in deeds and your charger for a powerful attack leaves much to be desired because it leaves it at the mercy of being attacked an attack within the same charger will explode and leave him out of the game

but good close the thread greetings and good day to all O:)

That whole thing made no sense. But with what I understood even Kurama stll have country level durability there is no way Igneel can beat him.

@rocker

Even before Kurama was upgraded he had a considerable stat advantage so nothing has really changed.

Delta3000 said:
It was a ******** plan because it could have been easily or even accidentally foiled; for example

1) the eclipse gate could have been destroyed before X777 leaving Natsu and co trapped inside.

2) Acno could have found and killed natsu and co before they were strong enough (ie when they were children); there were at least 16 years during which this could have happened and this actually happened twice and could have happened meny more times including before Natsu and co had even gone through the gate.

3) the plan relied on the dragonslayers becoming powerful enough to kill Acno and that wasn't guaranteed to happen and only happened because of plot armor/typical shonen power progression.

A better plan would be to have Zeref create a few hundered demons that were either:

a) physically stronger than or as strong as Acno with high level regen (so acno couldn't kill them)

b) users of durability bypassing curses (which would work since Acno can only resist and absorb magic not curses; and since the demons use CP the lack of MP wouldn't be a problem)

c) both of the above.

They said Igneel didn't want THEM to use it which doesn't imply igneel has memory manip and as you said we don't know how the memory manip works, if it can be used in battle or on equal or stronger beings.

Igneel isn't small enough to properly exploit the size difference especially with equal speed plus Kurama is used to fighting smaller opponents given most of his enemies have been human (igneel is a fair bit bigger than humans).
You can't kill a dragon without dragon slayer magic that why Dragon slayer comes in exitance, zeref don't have dragon slayer magic thst why he can't kill acno, no magic or physical attack can bypass dragon scale protection, igneel is the king of fire dragon able to fight and ripoff acno arm is dying state.

Prime igneel can easily roast kurama
Images(16)

1) A bit presumumptious and untrue given we have seen Acno, who is highly resistant to magic, affected by non magical attacks; which implies that any attack of sufficient strength will work.

2)Kurama is at least 1000 times more powerful according to their stats.

11(3)
1)lol, acno is immune to magic attack amd dragon slayer magic attack, he can only be defeated by using dragon slayer magic on physical attack like punch,sword etc.
2) kurama is not more powerful that a big island lvl, people wanking him to moon lvl while he never show power to destroy moon, tell me how many countries get destroyed by kurama or any other tailed in 4th ninja war=0, the truth have ft have hater in this sites, thats why can't they just low ball it's character, acno destroy 10000+ dragon on his own, and destroy country while doing it, dying state igneel can rip off acno arms, it's shows that how Powerful it is, all other 4 dragon destroy 2000 face in whole contenet in less than a min still they get low ball, kurama don't have dsm, his main nature release is fire then who can he hurt igneel, ingeel just need to keep flying and shoot his roar to roast kurama.

Kurama need to make a bijju bomb to destroy mountain, while igneel did it accidentally( in flash back with natsu, also in that flash back igneel didn't have his soul).
11(3)
(proof that nothing work against him until it enhace with dragon slayer magic) Even erza is able to cut his mother in dragon from because her sword is enhace by wendy magic
6(3)

1) you either just agreed with me or contradicted yourself within 1 sentence.

2) In his strongest form he is; the reason being: he literally supply's most of 5-C form Naruto's chakra. Kurama doesn't have to destroy a country to be considered country lvl just perform a feat that requires country lvl energy or be comparable to someone who has (in this case the 10 tails). Acno exterminating the dragons and having a country lvl statement for his pre-R.O.T form (the one igneel fought) doesn't make him country level because most of the dragons seen in the series have been mountain lvl (if the ones at the GMG were anything to go by) to large island lvl (dragon Irene). I could also point out that igneel has no feats above mountain level and is only large island via scaling to dragon Irene (like every other large island FT character).

3) Why would Kurama need DS magic; FT dragons are not invulnerable unless you wank them to be.

Delta3000 said:
1) you either just agreed with me or contradicted yourself within 1 sentence.

2) In his strongest form he is; the reason being: he literally supply's most of 5-C form Naruto's chakra. Kurama doesn't have to destroy a country to be considered country lvl just perform a feat that requires country lvl energy or be comparable to someone who has (in this case the 10 tails). Acno exterminating the dragons and having a country lvl statement for his pre-R.O.T form (the one igneel fought) doesn't make him country level because most of the dragons seen in the series have been mountain lvl (if the ones at the GMG were anything to go by) to large island lvl (dragon Irene). I could also point out that igneel has no feats above mountain level and is only large island via scaling to dragon Irene (like every other large island FT character).

3) Why would Kurama need DS magic; FT dragons are not invulnerable unless you wank them to be.
Irene enhance a whole country and still max out at country lvl? Read manga again, every dragon is differnt and igneel is king of fire dragon,he rip of acno arm in his dying state, at that time acno is alone country lvl, prime igneel still match up to acno.
11(3)
Also dragon slayer magic is created for killing dragon since no magic can penetrate dragon scale also
6(4)
A meteor at that size can easily wipe out all life form earth, erza manage to destoy it,but she cant cut irene dragon scale(irene said it) because again you need dragon slayer magic for it, their are many magic which ap have strong enought to kill dragon those dragon scale.also if some can casullay can destoy mountail then they are defenetily moutain+, again kurama bijju bomb take time ti charage, and igneel is faster than those dragon who destoy face from whole contental, their is not way a singel bb will hit igneel.

Back