• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something Old, Something New (Naruto Uzumaki vs Chihiro Rokuhira)

Chihiro is still a better swordsman than Naruto is a h2h fighter
which is irrelevant because skill does not work that way at all, you dont have to be of the same level in separate fields, i dont have to be as skilled as the greatest marksman to kill bruce lee with a pistol
, and in CQC, this is relevant,
its only relevant in realistic grounded settings where stuff like reach is important, not when your opponent is comparable can make hundreds of versions of himself, substitute out of near death scenarios, transform into objects to confuse, outstamina you and has significantly better holistic battle experience.
unlike your example. Being a better swordsman thsn someone is a h2h combatant is a significant feat since Chihiro at his best is better than Naruto at his best.
this doesnt matter because naruto's ceiling for H2H is significantly ahead of anything in Kagurbachi
Not likely, all it says is that he has high chakra reserves,
naruto's stamina is directly prepositional to his chakra reserves, he can keep fighting as long as he has chakra
while Chihiro has been shown to fight with injuries that would've taken him out for months.
like what?
And Chihiro has more experience than Naruto in training anyway
which doesnt mean anything until you qualify it.
, intelligence isn't that big of a factor when AD will allow him to somewhat catch up.
qualify this
And AFAIK, Zabuza doesn't have many notable feats,
Zabuza is stated to be above suigetsu per Kisame and Suigest was compared Mangetsu who is skilled enough to wield every single blade from the hidden mist, all of which are radically different from one another with their disciplines.

Making a new move on instinct to fight on his last legs and taking down Sojo in a high speed fight. Also swapping Enten with his small sword against Hiyuki.
could you expand on this, because if im taking this at face value then naruto has way better feats.

What I mean is their combat skill shouldn’t stack up to him. Sure they are well trained but none of them are Neji or Lee and neither is Naruto. Chihiro is exceptionally talented, which makes the short time he’s been fighting more impressive.
Just untrue. Idk how much you've watched of Naruto, but konoha 11 are generally perceived to all be gifted or above average in skill early on. Above Average is what Sojo and Chihiro are both rated, and of course they should be gifted. Chihiro fights a bunch of random guys from what I seen and met his match against Sojo who pushed him hard, wouldn't say they're equal.

I could go do a big crt for all of them in part 1 but man will that take time.

which is irrelevant because skill does not work that way at all, you dont have to be of the same level in separate fields, i dont have to be as skilled as the greatest marksman to kill bruce lee with a pistol
But you are equating LRC with CQC. An adept archer can easily kill a master spearman if they have range. A swordsman needs to be up close to fight a h2h combatant.
its only relevant in realistic grounded settings where stuff like reach is important, not when your opponent is comparable can make hundreds of versions of himself, substitute out of near death scenarios, transform into objects to confuse, outstamina you and has significantly better holistic battle experience.
Chihiro isn't exactly grounded either, like infiltrating a high-tech lab while severely injured and also created a new move out of instinct.
this doesnt matter because naruto's ceiling for H2H is significantly ahead of anything in Kagurbachi
And? Naruto is no where close to this ceiling at this point.
naruto's stamina is directly prepositional to his chakra reserves, he can keep fighting as long as he has chakra
Not if he dies or suffers injuries too grievous to fight. He can't heal himself.
like what?
I meant to say a month, not months, but it was stated that his injuries from his previous fight with Sojo.
which doesnt mean anything until you qualify it.
Chihiro is a prodigy in swordsmanship who despite having very little combat experience after said training, had taken on the likes of the Kamunabi and another gifted swordsman like Sojo.
qualify this
In this fight, Chihiro will be growing in terms of understanding his opponent and will improve on his skills as he fights.
Zabuza is stated to be above suigetsu per Kisame and Suigest was compared Mangetsu who is skilled enough to wield every single blade from the hidden mist, all of which are radically different from one another with their disciplines.
Gimme a break, it's been a minute since I've seen Naruto, but again, Chihiro still takes the advantage above Naruto because better h2h fighters have clowned both him and Sasuke.

do these random guys he kills have any lore or feats of their own?
Well Sojo mastered an enchanted blade in a ludicrously short amount of time, even faster than Chihiro. Mind you, no bumass swordsman can just pick up an enchanted blade, you need quite a high amount of skill to wield it. And some of those Kamunabi guys are sorcerors (which I have no idea what correlates to that) but not all of them are just the run of the mill fodder.

Just untrue. Idk how much you've watched of Naruto, but konoha 11 are generally perceived to all be gifted or above average in skill early on. Above Average is what Sojo and Chihiro are both rated, and of course they should be gifted. Chihiro fights a bunch of random guys from what I seen and met his match against Sojo who pushed him hard, wouldn't say they're equal.

I could go do a big crt for all of them in part 1 but man will that take time.
Yeah they’re above average but there’s a clear difference between Kiba and Sasuke. It’s a big point early on that Naruto kinda sucks which makes everyone surprised at how much he’s actually grown. He’s definitely skilled by the end of the Chunin Exams, but Chihiro has done so much ridiculous stuff already. I’m not talking about ratings, I think Chihiro should be gifted anyways if Yuji can be. Sojo was also a fighting genius, he took on 5 people at once with prep and unique power sets all with a plan supplied by Chihiro himself to kill him. And yet he managed to surpass their expectations and kill them all except for one who survived injured. Chihiro while injured (granted Sojo was injured too iirc but it’s whatever) manages to beat him and break his sword in what was 12 seconds if I recall. Sure he fights a bunch of randos but so does Naruto early on and a lot of those guys were trained with weapons/sorcery. Plus he fought Hiyuki who was specifically chosen to fight him because of how skilled and powerful she is and only didn’t straight up murder her between he was having some inner conflict which made her use the dull end.
do these random guys he kills have any lore or feats of their own?
Sojo is very impressive as shown above plus the rate rate which he mastered Cloud Gouger and even his improvisation against the Kamunabi Anti Cloud Gouger Force who where the 5 people jumping him. There’s other sorcerers like the Daramaka guy who could make huge explosions and was a trained killer, killing a random guy with a toothpick or some mundane object iirc and the guy who trapped Chihiro in a trauma nightmare who Chihiro just capped after taking almost Itachi Genjutsu levels of suffering.

But you are equating LRC with CQC. An adept archer can easily kill a master spearman if they have range. A swordsman needs to be up close to fight a h2h combatant.
but your missing my point, what kills the spearman has nothing to do with skill.
Chihiro isn't exactly grounded either, like infiltrating a high-tech lab while severely injured and also created a new move out of instinct.
that sounds like a stealth feat and isnt really that impressive, naruto can disguise and infiltrate and sneak up on people while they actively fighting him within a range of a few meters.
And? Naruto is no where close to this ceiling at this point.
if the ceiling is significantly higher then theres no reason to assume the floor is comparable, Mr Satan is consider a normal human martial artist in Dragonball but he would quite literally bulldoze every single martial artist in our world.
Not if he dies or suffers injuries too grievous to fight. He can't heal himself.
Naruto can survive a ton, you would have to be looking near one shot levels of AP
I meant to say a month, not months, but it was stated that his injuries from his previous fight with Sojo.
what were the injuries
Chihiro is a prodigy in swordsmanship who despite having very little combat experience after said training, had taken on the likes of the Kamunabi and another gifted swordsman like Sojo.
okay but qualify that and how that relates to Naruto's skill
In this fight, Chihiro will be growing in terms of understanding his opponent and will improve on his skills as he fights.
im aware, but this assumption relies on the fact that naruto will never at any point land a blow.
Chihiro still takes the advantage above Naruto because better h2h fighters have clowned both him and Sasuke.
which doesnt mean anything in how it relates to Chihiro, all this means is that people like Neji and Sasuke would have an easier time than Naruto.

Well Sojo mastered an enchanted blade in a ludicrously short amount of time, even faster than Chihiro. Mind you, no bumass swordsman can just pick up an enchanted blade, you need quite a high amount of skill to wield it.
which applies to Zabuza as well
And some of those Kamunabi guys are sorcerors (which I have no idea what correlates to that) but not all of them are just the run of the mill fodder.
if they fodder then its not that impressive of a feat, because Naruto has his own feats of taking out multiple fodder.

but your missing my point, what kills the spearman has nothing to do with skill.
In that example. We are talking about two forms of combat that work within the same effective range. A hand to hand combatant can outskill a swordsman, just look at Goku vs Trunks, And vice versa like Kokushibo compared to Akaza.
that sounds like a stealth feat and isnt really that impressive, naruto can disguise and infiltrate and sneak up on people while they actively fighting him within a range of a few meters.
Chihiro can still make a new move out of instinct alone and has taken on other swordsmen selected because they can face Chihiro, and he has beaten or at the bare minimum stalemated them (forgot what happened after Hiyuki)
if the ceiling is significantly higher then theres no reason to assume the floor is comparable, Mr Satan is consider a normal human martial artist in Dragonball but he would quite literally bulldoze every single martial artist in our world.
Naruto is still pretty much a punch kick merchant here even with the high h2h floor. Also, Hercule skillstomps this Naruto.
Naruto can survive a ton, you would have to be looking near one shot levels of AP
So then the two are comparable
what were the injuries
Getting fried by electricity and having his muscles torn in the left hand.
okay but qualify that and how that relates to Naruto's skill
He has had only had 3 years of training, yet beat a master swordsman, did whatever he did to Hiyuki, another bare minimum expert swordsman, and has learned to use Cloud Gouger despite having no experience wielding it whatsoever. This is superior to Naruto's only feat of mastering a forbidden Jutsu after having the scroll for a few minutes.
im aware, but this assumption relies on the fact that naruto will never at any point land a blow.
He would learn from getting hit as well, besides, the gap isn't a one shot so he can learn before he can land a killing blow.
which doesnt mean anything in how it relates to Chihiro, all this means is that people like Neji and Sasuke would have an easier time than Naruto.
If it can be argued that Sasuke will have a tough time with Chihiro, Naruto, who is inferior, should definitely be a worse situation for him.

. It’s a big point early on that Naruto kinda sucks which makes everyone surprised at how much he’s actually grown
no?, its not that Naruto sucks its that they dont acknowledge his skill, because he has yet to prove himself, the only time he straight up sucks has nothing to do with being just bad but external factors that are inhibiting him.
, he took on 5 people at once with prep and unique power sets all with a plan supplied by Chihiro himself to kill him. And yet he managed to surpass their expectations and kill them all except for one who survived injured
are they all swordsman, how does he defeat them
. Plus he fought Hiyuki who was specifically chosen to fight him because of how skilled and powerful she is and only didn’t straight up murder her between he was having some inner conflict which made her use the dull end.
that just comes off as someone overestimating someones skill, naruto has outsmarted and outskilled people who are so far ahead of him, let alone comparable.
Sojo is very impressive as shown above plus the rate rate which he mastered Cloud Gouger and even his improvisation against the Kamunabi Anti Cloud Gouger Force who where the 5 people jumping him.
based on my understanding correct me if im wrong, he mastered it in a single week, and then the other he adapted after a single fight?

I am voting for Naruto btw.

I don't see Chihiro overcoming the ap gap (4.5x) without him constantly using his amps to defend. Naruto will end up upping his use of clones, even if 2000 isn't something believable to some, I see no way Chihiro is gonna keep competing against 50+ clones coming at him all either relative or above him in skill creating plans on their own, using kunais, shurikens, paper bombs, and substitution justsu. He'll end up too overwhelmed and out staminaed by Naruto.

Honestly for a better match Gon, Killua, Kusakabe, Naobito, Mori Jin, Quanxi, Arima (He'll be updated soon)

which applies to Zabuza as well

if they fodder then its not that impressive of a feat, because Naruto has his own feats of taking out multiple fodder.
Naruto doesn’t scale to Zabuza just because he made him move his hand. That’d be ridiculous, the point of that exchange was the Genin weren’t on that level so had to put in the extra effort to make him do that much.

Nen crush, Nen crush (again), Kinda boring ngl, Maybe, skillstomp, maybe, wait for update
Gon and Killua don't nen crush. That's for the villains mostly. How is Kusakabe boring? Simple Domain and his sword skill would be cool. Even first Key Mori Jin skillstomps?

Gon and Killua don't nen crush.
U sure? HxH is one of those verses that rarely have matches because of Nen Crush and if you're wrong then it's a stomp.
That's for the villains mostly. How is Kusakabe boring?
I mean, as a character he's not, just that the matchup thematic isn't as cool as two protagionists.
Even first Key Mori Jin skillstomps?
Not familiar with the God of Highschool, but I'm still certain Mori bullies him regardless.

In that example. We are talking about two forms of combat that work within the same effective range. A hand to hand combatant can outskill a swordsman, just look at Goku vs Trunks, And vice versa like Kokushibo compared to Akaza.
man is acting like its 1 v 1, its 30 to 100 vs 1 all who have the same AP as the original, which is already higher
Chihiro can still make a new move out of instinct alone and has taken on other swordsmen selected because they can face Chihiro, and he has beaten or at the bare minimum stalemated them (forgot what happened after Hiyuki)
naruto can improvise and create multi step plans on the fly against people with decades more experience or with entirely different principle fields of combat
Naruto is still pretty much a punch kick merchant here even with the high h2h floor. Also, Hercule skillstomps this Naruto.
this is the worst naruto you could have used, early naruto absolutely uses his ranged weapons like shuriken,kunai and paper bombs all which scale above him, he quite literally on a whim nearly bullseyed a train assassin who was disguised as an anime chilling dozens of meters away in a bush with his kunai
So then the two are comparable
in 1 v 1 scenario
Getting fried by electricity and having his muscles torn in the left hand.

He has had only had 3 years of training, yet beat a master swordsman, did whatever he did to Hiyuki, another bare minimum expert swordsman, and has learned to use Cloud Gouger despite having no experience wielding it whatsoever. This is superior to Naruto's only feat of mastering a forbidden Jutsu after having the scroll for a few minutes.
how is it superior
He would learn from getting hit as well, besides, the gap isn't a one shot so he can learn before he can land a killing blow.
a paper bomb is messing up that boi
If it can be argued that Sasuke will have a tough time with Chihiro, Naruto, who is inferior, should definitely be a worse situation for him.
not sure who argued that, i wouldnt, but even then Sasuke isnt naruto he doesnt literally have an army to act as a trial and error run.

Naruto doesn’t scale to Zabuza just because he made him move his hand. That’d be ridiculous, the point of that exchange was the Genin weren’t on that level so had to put in the extra effort to make him do that much.
then your exactly missing my point, if naruto who is lacking in stats, skills or experience can put people like zabuza in compromising positions then he can the same to goldfish man

no?, its not that Naruto sucks its that they dont acknowledge his skill, because he has yet to prove himself, the only time he straight up sucks has nothing to do with being just bad but external factors that are inhibiting him.

are they all swordsman, how does he defeat them

that just comes off as someone overestimating someones skill, naruto has outsmarted and outskilled people who are so far ahead of him, let alone comparable.

based on my understanding correct me if im wrong, he mastered it in a single week, and then the other he adapted after a single fight?
He definitely was skilled at the end of the Chunin Exams but he sucked at the start of the show as shown by how easily Mizuki would’ve killed him if not for Iruka and his performance in the Survival Exercise. He grew throughout the whole arc. They didn’t acknowledge him but that’s partly due to how bad he originally was.

I linked the scan but I think they were all sorcerers with some magic who he cut apart. They were all hired guards so they had to be relatively skilled. And in one of the latest chapters he cut down another room full of guards with the already broken and barely working Cloud Gouger.

It definitely wasn’t an overestimation as Hiyuki is shown to be very powerful with her Flame Bone, killing the room of guards I mentioned along with Chihiro with pretty low effort. And what skilled fighters did Naruto outskill in the Chunin Exams besides Kiba who just seems decently above average and was about to win before luck saved Naruto? It can’t be Lee because he rocked Naruto and it can’t be Neji because he also whooped Naruto in close quarters and got beaten by a clever trick after he exhausted himself. I can buy outsmarting but out skilling no.

Yeah that was the case for Sojo. It was noted how fast he mastered Cloud Gouger and its abilities including ice and lightning and his sudden growth against the Anti Cloug Gouger Force saved him.

Last edited:
then your exactly missing my point, if naruto who is lacking in stats, skills or experience can put people like zabuza in compromising positions then he can the same to goldfish man
That was a very specific situation is the thing. Zabuza was in a compromising position in the first place by putting up the Water Prison. We’re putting these two in a straight up confrontation where their direct stats including skill are put against each other.

also if it wasnt clear

Voting Naruto with high diff
reasoning being a lack of overlap in skills to make a meaningful difference, superior crowd control, superior AP which can be expanded with his clones or ninja tools, higher battle Iq and superior stamina, not to mention any wounds that are not fatal can and will be healed, which this naruto can do even in base.

He definitely was skilled at the end of the Chunin Exams but he sucked at the start of the show as shown by how easily Mizuki would’ve killed him if not for Iruka
no naruto had just learned the truth of his birth and was emotionally distraught, this is not a skill issue
and his performance in the Survival Exercise.
you mean when he almost got the bell from kakashi , also he later on gets caught in a trap because his gullible which isnt applicable to this naruto
He grew throughout the whole arc. They didn’t acknowledge him but that’s partly due to how bad he originally was.
and we learn why he was bad, it has nothing to do with skill
I linked the scan but I think they were all sorcerers with some magic who he cut apart. They were all hired guards so they had to be relatively skilled.
naruto quite literally dogs on similar people who were hired shinobi
And in one of the latest chapters he cut down another room full of guards with the already broken and barely working Cloud Gouger.
okay so his good with a sword?
And what skilled fighters did Naruto outskill in the Chunin Exams besides Kiba who just seems decently above average. It can’t be Lee because he rocked Naruto and it can’t be Neji because he also whooped Naruto in close quarters and got beaten by a clever trick after he exhausted himself. I can buy outsmarting but out skilling no.
outsmarting....
umm you realize outsmarting your opponent to put them in compromising positions is a skill right?, the whole point of ninjas are deceit and being able to see the meaning within meanings, its some of the foundational aspects of being a shinobi. you realize this is specifically why your comparison doesnt work. one is being skilled at specific principle of combat, the other is being skilled enough to take out an enemy regardless of the means. tell what is his best feats without a sword?

also imma stop replying now, incase yall change the opponents then im typing all this for nothing lmfao.

no naruto had just learned the truth of his birth and was emotionally distraught, this is not a skill issue

you mean when he almost got the bell from kakashi , also he later on gets caught in a trap because his gullible which isnt applicable to this naruto

and we learn why he was bad, it has nothing to do with skill

naruto quite literally dogs on similar people who were hired shinobi

okay so his good with a sword?

umm you realize outsmarting your opponent to put them in compromising positions is a skill right?, the whole point of ninjas are deceit and being able to see the meaning within meanings, its some of the foundational aspects of being a shinobi. you realize this is specifically why your comparison doesnt work. one is being skilled at specific principle of combat, the other is being skilled enough to take out an enemy regardless of the means. tell what is his best feats without a sword?
And Chihiro has won a fight with his arm cut off and after experiencing the day his father died over and over again. At a certain point it’s just a skill thing, Iruka had to body block a shuriken for him. I love Naruto but I feel we’re really sliding Chihiro for him right now.

Almost got the bell? I think we watched a different show here, even Sasuke barely got close and he had already learned a Chunin level technique the the Fireball Jutsu. And naivety is a thing with Part 1 Naruto in general. Maybe he wouldn’t fall for a stupid trap like that but this is the same guy who got basically kidnapped after leaving his squad in the Forest of Death.

I don’t think we can say it had nothing to do with it. He was behind others his age which is partly due to Iruka and everybody else not teaching him properly but also showing his skill at that point. Again he got beat up by Lee, Neji, and very nearly Kiba.

And Chihiro deals with entire rooms of guards. You can’t ignore his showings.

And just a combat genius.

So if I clock you in the face I’m outsmarting you and if I beat you in chess I’m more skilled in combat than you? One of the points of Naruto as a character is that he doesn’t fit into the ninja mold. He can get the job done sometimes but he’s generally loud and obnoxious and not overly skilled at this point with just a few good showings. He completely bombed the written exam and barely passed the Forest of Death. Chihiro won’t have to worry about being without his sword because Naruto will be struggling the whole time just to land a decent hit plus he has Kuro Scatter for range. I acknowledge Naruto is skilled and smart, but he’s not at Chihiro’s level at this point in the story.

So if I clock you in the face I’m outsmarting you and if I beat you in chess I’m more skilled in combat than you?
except the context here is a fight to the death, which means using whatever resources you have to kill your opponent, your chess analogy doesnt work because to beat someone in chess both parties would have to agree to the rules of the game
One of the points of Naruto as a character is that he doesn’t fit into the ninja mold. He can get the job done sometimes but he’s generally loud and obnoxious and not overly skilled at this point with just a few good showings
his good showings are still ridiculous, they not that crazy for naruto standards because the ceiling is so high
. He completely bombed the written exam
and?
and barely passed the Forest of Death.
and?

you realize Chihiro would in the same setting completely flunk the ninja academy harder than naruto?, because his skills would not be considered suit for the profession ? (boruto era notwithstanding)

does this mean Chihiro is an idiot?
. I acknowledge Naruto is skilled and smart, but he’s not at Chihiro’s level at this point in the story.
but he is, your saying his above naruto based on comparing skill and whats considered a genius and failure for entirely different universes, because the actual feats you listed is stuff naruto can match by this point.

except the context here is a fight to the death, which means using whatever resources you have to kill your opponent, your chess analogy doesnt work because to beat someone in chess both parties would have to agree to the rules of the game

his good showings are still ridiculous, they not that crazy for naruto standards because the ceiling is so high

and?

and?

you realize Chihiro would in the same setting completely flunk the ninja academy harder than naruto?, because his skills would not be considered suit for the profession ? (boruto era notwithstanding)

does this mean Chihiro is an idiot?

but he is, your saying his above naruto based on comparing skill and whats considered a genius and failure for entirely different universes, because the actual feats you listed is stuff naruto can match by this point.
My point is there’s a clear distinction between IQ and combat skill.

Besides the Zabuza thing, there’s not much straight up skill that’s ridiculous. I don’t think the Neji fight was as much skill as clever strategy and same for the Gaara fight where Naruto also had an emotional amp. Naruto’s fighting style before he learns things like the Rasengan and Rasenshuriken to widen his arsenal is very hard headed. He hits you with more of him until he gets the chance to pull the rug out. It’s different than being a very good boxer where you have to train to throw punches the best way.

And he’s not a perfect ninja so your point of ninjas being resourceful and deceitful doesn’t entirely apply. He’s resourceful but besides clone tricks he’s not gonna be outsmarting Chihiro here who has analytical prediction and great skill feats. If Chihiro were in the Naruto verse he would surely cheat better than Naruto and know not to leave his group in a forest where you can die. He’s common sense smart unlike Naruto.

Naruto can match Chihiro predicting Hiyuki who’s very skilled and experienced and beat Sojo who has amazing feats of skill and ingenuity in the Chunin Exams where all he had was clones and some Kurama chakra? He’s definitely not getting Gamabunta to listen to him here so that’s an option down as well.

Back