• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Igneel vs. Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto

This is tough... Like really I have no idea what to say a larger body might be helpful,but Yama on the other side has sword, but than are we considering Yamamoto like dragon slayer since otherwise his attacks would be less effective than Igneel's.

Yamamoto's Bankai doesn't release fire. It just compresses everything into his Zanpakutō. Also, he has other techniques.

That is an in-verse thing. Even if we go with it, we have seen from how Laxus, Erza, even Wendy, and other non-slayers defeating demons indicates that people in the same or higher tier as the thing to be slain can still hurt/affect them (remember Laxus one-shotting Tempesta?). Then there's Natsu defeating a lel-war-god with a two-shot. Slayer advantage comes into play only when the thing to be slain is well above the slayer's general AP. Perfect examples of this would be Natsu hurting Motherglare and Gray one-shotting Mard Geer despite DF Natsu only slightly injuring him.

Anyway, going with Yama-jii here. I won't believe Igneel can walk away from a Zanka no Tachi East till I see some legit small country level durability feats from dragons. But it highly likely won't be an easy win.

Prime Igneel is just speculation just like Prime Whitebeard. Any Yama-jii takes this due to better stats. Also Whitebeard vs Igneel is a good fight. Can somebody try to do Igneel vs Whitebeard debate. By the way I'm just new to tell you guys.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Yamamoto's Bankai doesn't release fire. It just compresses everything into his Zanpakutō. Also, he has other techniques.
Even Zanka no Tachi, Nishi is not a flames, but yama reiatsu who looks like flames.

TheGuyThatsAlways? said:
Doesn't those flames bypass durability?
I don't think so. But they do have highly focused AP. Compress such level of energies to that small a cross section and you're going to have some crazy AP. That is why I don't believe Igneel can walk away from an East slash.

@TheGuyThatsAlways?

The only way Igneel can win this is if he's legit country level. His current "possibly 6-B" rating is based on a statement alone in some book and it wasn't even a proper translation. It could be hyperbole or it could not. We just don't know properly yet.

Also, this is not the place to request versus match-ups. I'll message you on your wall in just a bit.

^well I guess you should consider him country lvl or else we don't have a battle and well it's assumptions also based on the fact Acnologia's roar left more ethernano than Ehtherion who is in fact a country busting weapon so it's a pretty strong assumption there.

Well considering he is country level is a bit of a stretch don't you think and really Igneels only feats are only him fighting Acno ( Which is still quite impressive and badass in the same time). But then does Igneel really have feats that put him at country leve. The answer is no so he auto losses due to the fact that the big bad Yama ,has more vertified feats rather than Igneel with questionable feats.

It was never stated that Acno's roar left that level of ethernano. All that was stated was that the ethernano concentrations were so high that nothing could survive. No magnitude or comparison were ever given. And the assumption that Acno is country level is indeed pretty weak considering @Sera confirmed that the original line says only that dragons could lay waste to countries. It was never specified to be with one attack and no time frame was given. Hence the current rating on Acnologia's profile.

Should we close this carrying on this fight is pointless, Igneel is near featless and I highly doubt he can beat him any time soon. In another regard he can't beat him at all.

Reasons:

1. Yamamoto is a higher tier by a big margin. 2. Igneel doesn't have the firepower or actual feats to back him up. 3. Bleach>Fairytail serious the difference is laughable. 4. Until Fairytail starts busting countries they don't have a chance against most of the bleachverse characters. 5. If I'm downplaying FT my badƒÿö.

It was never stated that Acno's roar left that level of ethernano. All that was stated was that the ethernano concentrations were so high that nothing could survive.

Read again. "Three was a record high ethernano reading where the sirius( tenrou) island used to be that day" And Etherion has a reading of 2.7 billion Edna of magic which from statement later by Mavis is what's enough to blow up a country.

Of course since Acnologia's blast came from a certain distance it did less damage than Etherion who starts on much higher height just like with Goku's kamehameha against cell.

^you are not being ignored i just need to discus this first with Soldier about power scailing of dragons in FT.

Bleach is obviously in higher scale than FT, but it still has persons that can keep up with some of the characters when it comes to being featless well Yamamoto doesn't have any particular hax or ability that would make this a stomp so it's an okay battle the only thing we are dissucusing now is Igneel's possibly country rating and of course if this battle is considered than we should consider him country at least for the battle or else we are in fact just waisting time.

Just because they got a record Ethernano readings that day does not mean it was on Etherion's level. There is nothing in canon to indicate this - no character statement or anything else. You're making connections where there are none.

Just because they got a record Ethernano readings that day does not mean it was on Etherion's level. There is nothing in canon to indicate this - no character statement or anything else. You're making connections where there are none.

Lol Jellal clearly said he need 2.7 billion edas of magic from the blast from etherion and that's a solid prof because if it was more than the tower of heaven would of been destroyed completely

WilliamShadow said:
Lol Jellal clearly said he need 2.7 billion edas of magic from the blast from etherion and that's a solid prof because if it was more than the tower of heaven would of been destroyed completely
Now you're just going off on a complete tangent. What does the Tower of Heaven, which was designed to absorb Etherion's energy via its Lacrima crystal structure, have to do with this?

Burning Full Fingers said:
Soo, is the fight a stomp or what?
I don't think it is considering Igneel's recent upgrade. I stated above my opinion that Yama-jii would win but not easily.

@soldier Okay, Jellal says he needs 2.7 billion edas of Magic which until that point is the highest amount of ethernano recorded since magic is directly proportional to amount of ethernano and if it was more than that... than the tower of heaven would of been destroyed just like it exploded when Natsu damaged its structure not allowing it to contain the huge amount of Magic, and since that is full power etherion means that's the amount neccessary to destroy the country, now since the amount of ethernano recorded on the spot where Acnologia released his roar was superior than even that it's a actually a really strong assumption and rather safe to say he can destroy a country since as I said before ethernano is directly proportional to magic as well.

Yama G is mach 3585+, whereas Igneel is at least mach 4000+ likely higher. So Igneel wins this fight, plus Igneel should be able to eat Yama G's flames.

Back