• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Vs the Chosen Undead

Ichigo is "at least 7-C" while CU is "low 7-B".

I felt that was more even a fight than low 7-B against 7-B

I actually see the Chosen Undead taking this, with mid difficulties at most.

Much more versatile, comparable in skills and overall haxxier and more resistant to the stuff Ichigo can pull off.

Votes are:

CU: 2 (EliminatorVenom, ItalianGuy1234) (Raven I can't add your vote until you give reasons)

Ichigo: 0

Inconclusive: 0

That isn't quite what I need, as that is just a feat with no context. What powers does CU have that makes you think he can win?

Well, Ichigo is strong. Ichigo is agile. Ichigo has fought against heavily experienced foes numerous times. Chosen's healing amounts to Mid-Low Regenerationn according to his profile. Ichigo destroyed Ulquiorra's organs with a Cero and squashed his strongest attack casually which is City level and has Low-Mid Regenerationn on top of that. Chosen has something that ignores durability?

Well CU has poisons (both actual toxin based and dark soul magic based) and has mind hax that could possibly work on Ichigo due to him being a spirit.

How do the poisons work? I mean, how does he inflict them? Does he have to release them in some kind of gaseous form or make contact? If it's the first, Ichigo could blow it away with shockwaves and if it's the latter, well I doubt he could get through Ichigo's Hierro in the first place. Regenerationn could also help and I don't understand what dark soul based means. If it inflicts damage on the soul, I don't think it would work as fodder Bleach characters are resistant to soul hax. His profile says his mind hax works on the undead only. Would Hollows count as one? And even then, there's a possibility of it not working since Ichigo still has Quincy!Zangetsu in his mind. I'm inclined to say Ichigo one-shots. He's berserk here and won't hold back at all. Even flexing his reiatsu would pin down Chosen and make him unable to do something substantial. Yeah, going for Hichigo here.

@Burning

He can release poisons on several forms, most notably with melee attacks and gases. Now, it may be gameplay mechanics, but the Force miracle, that unleashes a shockwave, does nothing to disperse the poison fog. And there are several weapons in the Chosen Undead's arsenal that specialize in getting through armors and defenses, such as the Shotel (Designed for killing shield-users) and most spears/blunt weapons.

Eh, there's not much to say. He just regenerates from wounds.

I don't know. Perhaps? It wouldn't work in Ichigo, though, thanks to Quincy Zangetsu.

Now I doubt that. Pinning the Chosen Undead down with his sheer reiatsu is something akin making great pressure, isn't it? If so, Havel's Ring takes care of that. One-shotting? Nah, the Chosen Undead has great resistance to physical attacks (Of course, Ichigo's superior strength would allow him to tear through CU, but one-shotting? I doubt it), and not only that, he can do plenty of things to block off any of Ichigo's means of attacking. Force/Wrath of the Gods will not only push Ichigo away, but also knock him pretty far in WotG's case. Karmic Retribution will be a really hard thing for Ichigo to deal with, considering his stronger attack potency. (Karmic Retribution automatically causes heavy damage to the opponent if they cause sufficiently strong damage to the Chosen Undead) And not only that, the Chosen Undead has a much wider AOE game going on, if we take the lore as granted. Sure, in direct reach they may be comparable, but while most of Ichigo's attacks go in straight and relatively simple patterns, good luck trying to avoid an eruption of hellish lava while balls of fire and lightning bolts fall from the sky, all the while trying to not breathe incredibly deadly gases.

Regenerationn should take care of poison though. I don't think it's a particular threat except there's something I'm missing. The question is if those weapons bypass durability. He shouldn't be able to scratch Ichigo. Any sharp weapon would be like a blunt weapon on his body thanks to the strength difference.

What does Havel's Ring do? Well, to what extent does his resistance to physical attacks extend to? Because I don't think Ichigo would mind decapitating him. Does this resistance extend to energy attacks like Getsuga Tenshō and Cero? I don't understand what good pushing Ichigo away would do though. Ichigo's stronger, Chosen might not be able to push him far enough that Ichigo's range advantage would be useless. I could see it giving him a little bit of breathing space, but nothing more. He could also stab his Zanpakutō into the floor to prevent himself from going too far away. Even if it does, if Ichigo doesn't get pushed back enough that his range wouldn't matter and Chosen doesn't have resistance to something like Cero, then he's still in trouble. His range with Cero should be several hundreds of meters to several kilometers scaling from other Cero users. The only thing in Chosen's arsenal that might be able to put him down is his poison and it's doubtful it could work because of Ichigo's Regenerationn. Also, does poison ignore durability? Regenerationn takes care of Karmic Retribution, I think. Ichigo should have City wide AoE, I think. Ulquiorra's Lanza also has City wide AoE, and Ichigo didn't look bothered when Lanza was exploding in the background, as he squashed Ulquiorra's second Lanza. But really, I'm not sure what good AoE would do. Ichigo can comfortably tank almost everything Chosen throws at him and his Regenerationn takes care of anything that somehow gets to him. The things that interest me are his poisons and Karmic Retribution, but his Regenerationn should take care of those too. That, and Bleach characters can keep on fighting with absurd damage. I think these two things are especially more important as Chosen will have difficulty causing any kind of particular harm to him normally without some kind of durability bypassing weapon or technique. So if Chosen does have something like that, they can help.

Also, I think some of these things should be on Chosen's page so you won't have to explain them in another thread.

I don't think Regenerationn is guaranteed to take care of poison unless the person's regen is something like High or Godly, unless the person's regen is specifically shown to be able to take care of it.

@Burning

Everlasting said it before I did, lol. And unlike most RPGs, Dark Souls has a second type of poison called "Toxic" that is really nasty when compared to normal poisons. Much harder to heal from and much deadlier, it can kill people under the course of several seconds.

Hmm, I am not sure if there is a weapon that does actual durability negation. If you want high durability piercing, I just need to point at spears and elemental blunt weapons, that are really good against any type of foe, but not true negation. There is the Dark Hand though, that drains life-force out of those captured by it, so there's that.

It increases one's maximum carrying capacity/Lifting Strength. Lorewise, it allowed people to move while using armors so heavy that even superhumans couldn't budge.

Pretty high, with high deflection ratings for several armors and stuff. The problem about Ichigo is that the strength gap is high enough that he may one-shot the Chosen Undead, if he doesn't parries the attack (But he favours dodging over blocking, anyways).

High. Energy attacks would fall upon Magic category, I believe (In fact, Bleach's abilities work in a quite similar way to Dark Souls magic), and with spells like Great Magical Barrier or Vow of Silence (Nullifies any magical power in close proximity), I think he should be able to at least survive Ichigo's energy attacks. Also, Emit Force deflects energetic attacks.

The Chosen Undead wouldn't simply "push" him away, like, with his body. He'd create shockwaves (Like you said, it'd be really dumb of the Chosen Undead's to try to push Ichigo, lol) to do so.

Poison does ignore durability (Toxic too, and Toxic is way nastier and deadlier). Also, he can create acid fogs (Although I must say the acid fog, gameplay wise, only causes severe damage to your enemies' armor and weapons, so idk it would apply to Ichigo's body).

Oh yeah, forgot about Ulquiorra's AOE. Damn, so I guess they're evenly matched.

Looking at Ichigo's profile again, I think Karmic Retribution would only slow him down. Like, really slow him down, but only for some time. CU's best shot at this is using poisons and stuff. He can create illusions, but can Ichigo see invisible and absolutely silent people? If no, then I'm pretty sure CU takes this. If not, then this match is still hard for me to decide.

I've researched a bit in DS weapons, and I've found some interesting things.

• Lifehunt Scythe (Inflicts Bleed build-up. Something akin to constant, supernatural bleeding. Can counter Regenerationn to a degree)
  • Gravelord Sword/Dark Silver Tracer (Inflicts Toxic build-up. Like I've said before, think about it like a really deadly, really hard to recover from poison)
So, he does have durability negation, but only to a degree and only if he strikes the enemy multiple (Of course, few times, but still more than just one or two) times. That, or if he uses spells.

Well, I'm not sure any weapon would pierce through Ichigo if it isn't durability negation though.

Reiatsu has different effects on weaker beings. It has been shown to injure them, affect them psychologically, make them harm themselves when coming into contact with the stronger one, paralyse them and kill them immediately. As for the paralysis, it's different from the normal pressure thing. Though I doubt Chosen would die since much wasn't really said on reiatsu being able to straight up kill weaker beings. It should only really matter for someone like Aizen, for example. But it would be possible for Chosen's techniques to be nullified due to Ichigo's reiatsu if the verses are really somewhat similar.

Lol yeah, I know you weren't talking about that kind of pushing. Like you said, it'd be crazy.

I really don't know how the poison issue would go. Ichigo could try to get rid of it with the air pressure from his swings, but you said something about shockwaves not getting rid of it and that it might be simply a game mechanic so I'm not sure. And there's also the issue of Ichigo flying out of Chosen's range.

Yeah, he could see and sense invisible beings before becoming a Shinigami. So becoming invisible and staying silent shouldn't be a problem for him. And reikaku takes care of illusions. Apart from reikaku, exerting reiatsu has also been shown to dispel illusions.

About what you said on the Gravelord Sword and Lifehunt Scythe, it sounds like he has to cut the enemy a few times? If so, I don't think that would work because as I've established, it would essentially be a blunt weapon to Ichigo. Like Ichigo's Zanpakutō was to Ulquiorra at one point.

Though with the new information you've provided, I'm also not sure who'd win again. But there are some certain advantages Ichigo's reiatsu provides for him and like I said, if Dark Souls is really somewhat similar to Bleach in terms of abilities, I can see Chosen's abilities being nullified because of Ichigo's reiatsu. So I'll just lean towards Ichigo conservatively.

Still, I didn't know this fight could be as interesting as this.

Another poison CU has access to is Dark Fog, which lorewise is created from the humanity (sorta like life force?) of people and ignores resistances to poison.

I feel like being able to see spirits is different to being able to see someone invisibile.

The Life-Hunt Scythe has the power of the Life-Hunt. Lorewise this is some terrible power that could easily kill gods and demons. Gameplay wise it acts as a really powerful bleed effect that instantly takes out 50% of the opponent's lifebar after a couple hits unless they have resistance to bleeding (as in it takes more than a couple hits before the 50% of their health vanishes, not that the 50% damage is reduced)

Also, both the lifehunt and other bleed weapons, and the gravelord sword and other toxic weapons can inflict bleed and poison even when blocked by 100% physical damage reduction shields, so even if they do act as blunt weapons on Ichigo's skin their effects will likely still work.

Also, I'm surpried no one has brought up the resurrection issue yet.

The issue is if Ichigo's shockwaves and air pressure from his swings would take care of it. Personally, I don't see why not. And he holds a flight and range advantage.

Well, Shinigami, Hollows and Quincy are normally invisible to others and Yuzu could only sense them. But Ichigo can sense, so it's not really a problem.

Okay, but Chosen's abilities and techniques are likely to be nullified and there are still some certain advantages I've mentioned that reiatsu grants Ichigo since he's superior here. And in close combat, Chosen is also likely to be decapitated as this Ichigo just doesn't care and is pretty much going to be overpowering Chosen and breaking through his guard.

How does it work?

CU dies.

CU pops up at the last bonfire he rested at completely healed, apart from now looking like his skin has been flayed and tanned. And there is a bonfire in the Abyss

That's basically it.

Depends on your console/computer's load time, lol.

There's no given time, but it seems like he dies, and about a minute later he shows up again.

And flying out of the Abyss would be... difficult to say the least. Not impossible, but difficult. We aren't entirely clear on what it is lorewise (I think its a pocket dimension of darkness, but that's my opinion), but gameplaywise it's a massive area that is completely black and featureless, with only one small opening for how to get in at the very top, after which you fall down for several seconds before landing on the void of the abyss.

Lol, okay. Nothing about it in the lore? I didn't mean he would fly out, I never actually thought about that. But now that I think of it, he could probably use a Garganta but I'm not sure. He's bound to regress back to a normal Ichigo, but I don't know if he can use portals at this point. However, Quincy!Zangetsu is available for that.

The only thing about it in the lore is that suddenly people start being able to resurrect as the undead, so yeah, the only time we have to work with is the minute of load time between death and resurrection.

Why is using portals important?

It would still interrupt the fight. And CU can just warp out too, so its not like he would be trapped in the abyss either.

Ok, Ichigo deciding to go home mid-fight isn't allowed.

No, I mean if Chosen dies and goes off to resurrect somewhere, he would think he's won. And there's no set time to how long it takes for Chosen to resurrect so I don't see why he'd stand around and wait there.

Chosen would resurrect again in the Abyss, there is a bonfire right there. And it only seems to take about a minute, so we can use that.

Back