• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on the his Wiki page, Ichigo's true Shikai..or this:

Ichigo_wip_by_maithagor-da91l0m.png

Is stated to be "Unknown" with a tag of Country Level At least

Ok, so then After Yhwach bodies Ichigo, he takes his Hollow and Quincy Powers away leaving Ichigo with just his Shinigami Powers:

680Yhwach_absorbs.png

Now...Ichigo's Shikai is stated to be Country level at Least on the wiki, scailing from Dangai Ichigo i suppose based on this scan:

!1
Now...Ichigo with is powers taken is obviously not at this level with just his Shinigami Bankai:

Bankai1
So now, that being said, this feat comes into question:

!3
On the Wiki, Ichigo is listed as Moon level At least, Likely Higher. eNow...Correct me if i'm wrong but if his Shikai is Country level at least. That means that Bankai Ichigo is 4.3 million times stronger, going by what's on the Wiki if we assume Shikai Ichigo is at least 100 teratons and Bankai Ichigo is 433 Exatons at least, no?

Now, that's cool and all but...canon says this...:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111139434/4179596-7121830877-bleac.jpg

"In general ones power can grow 5 to 10 times greater!".

Ok...now, yes Yoruichi also does state that it Varies depending on the users strength and such. But before anyone tries to say that its a wrap based on that, if we look back, Kubo has never deviated from the 5 to 10 times statement. There are no other instances that I can recal and i've read bleach since the 2005 from vol 1 to it's end. So in this case, it's similar to Black Zetsu's statement of cloud to ground lighning. It's either Hundreds of Time faster than sound or it reaches the ground in 1/1000th of a second. one gets factors in the thousands of Mach and the other hundreds. Very big difference but in this case, we have a track record.

So, if we go by what we know is Kubo's method, Ichigo's Bankai should either be At Least Continent Level if it's 10x greater than his shikai, right? Because with no prior showings from anyone that indicates that Kubo usually goes over 10x stronger than shikai for bankai's, we only have several options to pick from.

1.)Yhwach has Continent Level maybe Continent+ Durability.

2.)Yhwach really wasn't even near his full power when he got cut and allowed Ichigo to cut him the first time so Aizen would deactivate KS.

3.)It's an outlier feat

4.)Kubo retconned the mechnics he's always used.

Rushed ending and bad writing leading to a sudden boost in power for Ichigo to defeat a previously unbeatable villain.

Regardless, it happened and it's a major feat.

I agree that the feat should be counted, but wonder if we should scale backwards to 5x to 10x weaker without bankai?

The "bankai is 5 to 10x stronger then shikai" means nothing. it's just a random author statement and is nowhere near good enough evidence for a downgrade. it's not like Kubo knows exactly how powerful each bankai is in comparison to their shikai state. Just look at Yamamoto , his bankai is like a million x stronger then his Shikai. Also doesn't help when a lot of their Shikais/Bankais are hax in nature anyway. How are you going to quantify that??

Now when Ichigos bankai was first revealed he wasn't able to get a cleanshot off on Yhwach , and the first time he did Ichigo bisected him. then Yhwach revived and Ichigo's second shot bisected him again. Not to mention Yhwach said Ichigo had a fearsome bankai anyway.

So yeah, nothing doing here.

Antvasima said:
I agree that the feat should be counted, but wonder if we should scale backwards to 5x to 10x weaker without bankai?
Mm yeah I thought about that aswell. If anything the Shikai to Bankai power statement would probably make more sense to argue for a upgrade instead of a downgrade,but the validity of that statement seems shaky to me for reasons I listed above, especially to use it for backwards scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back