• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Icey Hair vs Fiery Hair (Gray Fullbuster vs Kwon Shi-Yun)

I am talking about magic negation thing.

Not all barriers are the same it's a generic word, you need to look at how big they are.

Not that Gray actually uses barriers, but ice tho i get the point.

Blanked said:
I am talking about magic negation thing.
Not all barriers are the same it's a generic word, you need to look at how big they are.

Not that Gray actually uses barriers, but ice tho i get the point.
it was a city cized barrier made by gaia, also she can retreat to pocket dimensionsif needed

City sized barrier as in cover the city or city sized barrier as in how thick it is, cause again not the same thing.

Also, pocket dimension? Can you explain that.

Blanked said:
City sized barrier as in cover the city or city sized barrier as in how thick it is, cause again not the same thing.
Also, pocket dimension? Can you explain that.
both,its a barrier that covers a cty by creating an perfect imitation of it. it contains no animals or food, but does have plants. there are specific made that decrease power and streinght of enemy depending on specific traits (strenght, type of magic, race, gender)

it alsoi can make time dilatation .

Alright. Just to clarify a few things. Shi-Yun cannot negate city sized barriers. It's a verse specific thing where, if her energy is higher than the energy used to produce said barrier, or she has fulfilled specific conditions, she can then use her energy to break out of said barrier.

Also, as far as her black flames nullifying magic. They destroy the magic that she nullifies. As Blanked said earlier, when he broke through the chains. They were magic chains, and she nullified their magic, and broke through them with her black flames.

Her black flames are noted to specifically bypass defensive techniques, which is how she broke through a barrier that she couldn't beforehand, even with repetitive attacks.

I honestly believe that Blanked understands what this match comes down to. Sure, Gray is a brawler, though he's nowhere near as skilled as Natsu, who at that point isn't anywhere near as skilled as a trained martial artist. So the battle would come down to whether or not Shi-Yun could close the gap effectively, and finish the job. Though I do think that claiming her flames cannot melt Gray's ice, or not enough for it to be effective, is a bit of a fallacy.

Also, keep in mind that these are there 8-A forms. I saw something about Devil slayer gray, which is a non factor here. This is BoS Gray, so he has access to far less techniques than he would even at the middle of the series.

Oh, and both of your votes have been counted. Thank you.

Litentric Teon said:
Also, keep in mind that these are there 8-A forms. I saw something about Devil slayer gray, which is a non factor here. This is BoS Gray, so he has access to far less techniques tha he would even at the middle of the series.
he didnt use that version to make an argument, just to say that only that version went for close range if im not mistaken

Blanked gave pretty good reasoning. I disagree on the "not being able to melt his ice", but everything else makes sense.

I vote for Gray for Blanked's reasoning.

You really need to tell me when you make these Gamer or Tower of God vs matchups jesus lol

I will come back later with a more concise opinion, but nlfing her ability to nullify magic does give her an advantage

Although Gray probably could flash freeze her, she has no resistances to freezing iirc.

XD, will do, lol. I'll leave all my current ones on your wall.

I'm also doing matchups for the Psyren verse. I love that manga, though the ending was a bit rushed.

Can Gray flash freeze so early on in the series? This is BoS Gray. I don't see how she couldn't melt out the same way Natsu could.

i mean, her magic neg really helps here, and it seems han got enviromental controll in the new chapter

Back