• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

“I wield the almighty shield!” (Steven Universe vs Carapace)

Steven Seals and/or BFR what does Carapace do.
Also steven has regen Carapace does not.
One look at Carapace in his suit and i can tell he belongs in a special ed class.

My vote goes to Steven

Last edited:
Steven Seals and/or BFR what does Carapace does.
Also steven has regen Carapace does not.
One look at Carapace in his suit and i can tell he belongs in a special ed class.

My vote goes to Steven
Steven’s bfr and sealing only works on objects. Not people

"Steven’s bfr and sealing only works on objects. Not people"

It actually does work on people, Garnet has the same bubbling ability as steven and she bfred him with it to get him out of a collapsing mountain

"Steven’s bfr and sealing only works on objects. Not people"

It actually does work on people, Garnet has the same bubbling ability as steven and she bfred him with it to get him out of a collapsing mountain
They don’t even use it in character though.

Does Steven used it to BFR though? He may not know how to do it yet compared to Garnet that has much more experience than him with that

My vote still goes to steven with the AP advantage and skill advantage he would win.
Their abilities look almost identical to me so unless one has more hax steven wins.

Well this has gone nowhere so im reviving it.

First of all, while Steven is slightly stronger than carapace, I don't think its significant enough to warrant it being the only factor in declaring a winner, so lets get to the other stuff.

Experience wise, I think Steven takes this. Steven has had a lot of experience fighting corrupted gems, and while Carapace has his own fair share of combat experience via fighting akumas, its not the same level as the likes of Ladybug and Cat Noir as he is more or less a temporary/emergency, and while it has been shown and mentioned that there are battles that occur outside of viewable episodes and that carapace has likely fought in them, Steven would still edge out in this regard even if we highballed the combat experience Carapace has.

Going into the abilities now, point still goes to steven. While a lot of abilties that Steven has are likely not usable in combat, he still brings a lot more to the table. He can heal from minor injuries thanks to regen, has superior defence thanks to bubbles and shields, and is over all much more skilled in combat thanks to his wrestling skills and training with the other gems. All carapace has, aside from his hand to hand skills, acrobatics, and shield throwing, is his Shell-ter superpower which, aside from only being able to be used once, causes him to revert back to normal when uses, at which point steven stomps. Hell, Steven could even just bubble and BFR the shield if he's able to get his hands on it, robbing Carapace not only his main weapon but also his power (since he needs the shield to use his power).

Overall, Steven wins this, he just has a lot going for him.

Back