• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Shall Seal the Heavens Revision - New Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just finished ISSTH. Regarding those "Unknown Realms", they seem to just be the later levels of the Ancestor Realm.

When Meng is fighting Allheaven, they say how you need to be in the Ancestor Realm to survive the shockwave. This is the power of two 9th Hexes, which is broken as hell, so I don't think anyone at the Ancestor Realm should be able to survive if they were several realms above it:

"The instant they touched, a deafening boom spread out, shattering the starry sky, destroying planets. Even Transcendors like Jin Yunshan would be completely destroyed by the force.

Anyone who was not within the Ancestor Realm would be killed in body and soul by the shockwave created when the white and black lights made contact." -
ISSTH, chapter 1606

Also, when talking about the universe, he says how Trancendors could find what's beyond the Ancestor Realm:

"He knew by now that his true destination was that very Universe. That was the world of the Transcendors, a place where they could search for that which existed beyond the Ancestor Realm.", ISSTH, chapter 1608.

To me, it seems that he was still in the Ancestor Realm at EoS.

Also, reading that quote again, Meng doesn't actually say that he reached a new realm, just that he wasn't sure. Being at the peak of the Ancestor Realm should let him scare Yunshan like that.

Could somebody else remind them to help out here? They are good at evaluating potential tier 1 feats.

^

I would appreciate if somebody could ask the 1-A experts to comment here.

You can ask our administrators as well.

Antvasima said:
I would appreciate if somebody could ask the 1-A experts to comment here.
You can ask our administrators as well.
I have asked them all, just DarkLK answered back and maybe will post his inputs on this thread. While some show no sign of answering even after two weeks. While those that have answered here (as I said above only looked on the Essence of Space and thats all).

Well, you can politely ask more administrators. Beyond that I do not know how to help you.

<divclass="quote">Antvasima wrote:
Well, you can politely ask more administrators. Beyond that, I do not know how to help you.</div>

I asked them all politely, I don't think I was ever not well behaved in my words for them. The only time I was a bit aggressive was on this thread when I said that I was disappointed in those who have responded after reading only one feat and I don't think that it could be really called aggressive.

Well, I cannot force them to help out, so I am afraid that this may not lead anywhere despite your efforts. My apologies.

Antvasima said:
Well, I cannot force them to help out, so I am afraid that this may not lead anywhere despite your efforts. My apologies.
So, what should I do then?

And what did we agree? because as I said above only the paragraph of "Essence of Space" was talked about, nothing more by admins. Only I explained above Dao Realm and Transcendence/Dao/Essence but no one from admins said anything about it. It was just the stuff with superimposed dimensions from Essence of Space then nothing else.

The only thing that you can do is ask more VS Battles Staff members, specifically administrators and discussion moderators, to comment here. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do.

I would usually try and help out, but as said above I just have no understanding whatsoever of the Chinese concepts this verse builds off of and can't really evaluate the 1-A in that context without doing a lot of outside research that I simply can't do right now between stuff for my own verses and school. Other than the 1-A trio i'm not really sure who you should ask, but if someone can simplify why certain things mean 1-A within this framework I could see about being more helpful, maybe?

Wokistan said:
I would usually try and help out, but as said above I just have no understanding whatsoever of the Chinese concepts this verse builds off of and can't really evaluate the 1-A in that context without doing a lot of outside research that I simply can't do right now between stuff for my own verses and school. Other than the 1-A trio i'm not really sure who you should ask, but if someone can simplify why certain things mean 1-A within this framework I could see about being more helpful, maybe?
Dao is the origin and source of all things in existence in I Shall Seal the Heavens. In the novel, characters often try to gain insights into the Dao, which can give them supernatural powers or even control over aspects of the natural/magical world. It's is the absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of Yin and Yang and signifying the way, or code of behavior, that is in harmony with the natural order. In ISSTH anything and everything can gain Dao, even a drop of water gained Dao and became a sentient being that became a lake and then a Sea. It even taught the MC about Dao.

"If I believe it's a lake, then it's a lake. If I believe it's a sea, then from now on… let it be a sea!" - here the Meng Hao source of power was the size of a lake and then the Sentient Lake said to him if he believes is a lake it will be a lake but if he believes is a sea it will become a sea. As long as his mental framework thought it was a lake it remained a lake but when he gained a deeper understanding of the Dao it became a Sea because it was how he perceived it. Concepts are created (named) to describe, explain and capture reality as it is known and understood. So, if he believed it to be a Sea, then a Sea it was. This was the first time a Dao was revealed.

Anyway, in ISSTH, a Dao can also be a Law for example by understanding the Law of Wind will let you have complete control of the element of wind but also much more as you gain a deeper comprehension of it. In Chinese Mythology is one of the five elements that make the world. The Wind can be Fast or Slow, so by comprehending these concepts of the Wind then a Cultivator may also gain mastery of the concepts of the Slow/Fast. The Wind also distorts the light to create Illusions so it can also let you master the concept of Illusion. The Wind can also be a space, an invisible space that is everywhere that is omnipresent so it can also be the Concept of Space or Dimension. It can also be the Concept of Sound as through air the sound is transmitted. Short, as long as the Wind can be viewed as a Concept then is a Concept that comprehends anything that can be an aspect of it. It can evolve or breach in many ramifications that cover a vast concept.

Dao is about understanding a thing and comprehending it. Dao is all and all is Dao. Dao is limitless and boundless. Dao is also a Way / a Path / a Road / a Teaching. Dao is everything.

From Dao comes the Infinity(Wuji) comes the Supreme (Taiji/Taikyoku). From the Supreme comes the Duality (Liangyi) of Yin and Yang. From Duality of Yin and Yang comes the Four Phases (Sixiang). Dao is all those as all come from it.

The Dao can be a phenomenon, a law, a concept, an essence or whatever you want it can be anything as there is no limit (wuji). It was before all and it will be at the end of all. As I said above the Wind can have countless forms but the form of the wind at its core, its the Essence of them all. Essence is the source of all things. It's the highest form of world concepts, which covers everything that is possible/impossible, in relation to a certain aspect.

And in ISSTH, a Transcendor becomes its own Daosource - becoming completely and utterly independent from the Dao/s of the Cosmology as you are above it and can produce it yourself. As Daosource you are your own source of Dao.

In conclusion, Dao can be a Platonic Concept but at the same time it's above it as it is the origin and source of all things in existence. I hope I've explained well enough, but say if there is something you don't understand.

I'm not a staff member, but I do agree with the verse being at least 1-B.

1-A seems likely to me as well, given that concepts here seem to be very loosely defined as in each concept touches upon all manner of things as opposed to being finite and bound. Similar to the concept of Ubuntu.

So, any of the admins that have commented here can look over all the information so I can know the direction of this verse thread or it's too much information for you? Should I make another blog with only the vital information, it will be shorter and only some things added or will this be unnecessary - it is worth the effort?

Ps. @Antvasima, I have already asked all the admins, I know you will recommend some or say to ask them again. Thanks for trying and help, already asked them.

Okay. I am sorry that all of them were too busy to help you out then. This thread was probably too long to read through indepth for them.

Is the duality of yin and yang considered encompassing of all duality within Chinese culture?

Wokistan said:
Is the duality of yin and yang considered encompassing of all duality within Chinese culture?
Yes, as the Dao encompase them all, and the duality of yin and yang is beneath it.

No, I mean is yin and yang it's own thing or is it a greater concept representative of absolutely all duality?

It's a greater concept that encompasses all duality as it exists in all things. Yin and yang are always opposite and equal qualities. In ISSTH the principle of yin and yang is represented by the Taijitu. As the Novel use the concepts of Taoism, the transduality is defined as the state of limitless undifferentiated potential, the oneness before duality and the source of all duality. The world is divided into two opposing and contrasting, yet complementary forces; Yin and Yang. The interplay between these two forces is called Liangyi (Duality).

Perhaps a new thread, that summarises the arguments for 1-A or 1-B in the first post, can be made, after which you should ask the following staff members to comment. That should help to not scare them away due to too much work of reading lots of information.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot

DarkLK

Sera EX

Ryukama

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Kaltias

Assaltwaffle

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

Finally, finished the page for the new CRT thread. I have made it smaller and organized it by categories and made it be collapsible to not look so intimidating and only see what you want. Hope this helps.

Here is the thread.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2944220

Okay. Thank you for the help.

I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back