• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I put a 7-C against a high 2-A

@Ricsi-viragosi, player choice, all adjectives and abilities from the list of words can be used on anything even god and death. I feel like you are going into meta-cannon now.

Nedge1000 said:
@Ricsi-viragosi, player choice, all adjectives and abilities from the list of words can be used on anything even god and death. I feel like you are going into meta-cannon now.
I am going into meta canon? I am using the actual non-player choice based stuff here. You know, the shorts where you can see how Max actually fights, like most of the crisis of imagination, where he only aplies adjectives to the heroes and gives them objects.

Player choice is not canon, so we go by the canon showings.

It's CIS, not PIS. He is showcased to be able to use them like that, he just doesn't, because he likes to joke around an do unconventional stuff (for which the game actually rewards you).

Putting Maxwell at high 2-A implies he summons mxy so the topic is irrelivant anyways

Wokistan said:
Putting Maxwell at high 2-A implies he summons mxy so the topic is irrelivant anyways
But myx doesn"t actually obey him if summoned. And it was for the sake of the title.

SBA states strongest versions as is, and mxy doesn't need to obey Maxwell to kill han. Also not really buying into your "challenges are in character" argument. I can pick up a bounty in destiny that tells me to use nothing but primary ammo in a game of crucible, but it doesn't mean that in character the PC doesn't use special or heavy ammo.

Wokistan said:
SBA states strongest versions as is, and mxy doesn't need to obey Maxwell to kill han. Also not really buying into your "challenges are in character" argument. I can pick up a bounty in destiny that tells me to use nothing but primary ammo in a game of crucible, but it doesn't mean that in character the PC doesn't use special or heavy ammo.
But myx doesn't do that either. He most of the times limits max instead.

This is a comic...

Pretty sure the game of Scribblenauts would be the primary canon

They're also in a fighting mindset, so it's not like he's just gonna go to sleep or something. There's also the issue of being physically 2-A and obliterating han with the slightest movement.

Wokistan said:
They're also in a fighting mindset, so it's not like he's just gonna go to sleep or something. There's also the issue of being physically 2-A and obliterating han with the slightest movement.
No, but he isn't going to do stuff he doesn't in-character.

He actually has no range unless using the notebook.

Max's stomach rumbles and one shots. This is a complete stomp. There's no point attempting to justify this match via establishing a character for Max that somehow makes this fair. If Max knows he's fighting, even if he doesn't use full power he one shots. He could use 1% of his power and probably obliterate 1 billion Hans.

There really isn't a point trying to justify this match.

22Easy said:
Max's stomach rumbles and one shots. This is a complete stomp. There's no point attempting to justify this match via establishing a character for Max that somehow makes this fair. If Max knows he's fighting, even if he doesn't use full power he one shots. He could use 1% of his power and probably obliterate 1 billion Sans.
There really isn't a point trying to justify this match.
this is completly false for multiple reasons that I already pointed out.

Max has a canonical character that will make him fight the golems first.

He doesn't use aoe.

He wastes time by having to write into his notebook for his powers to work.

Han can one-shot with mind-hax, paralyze with fools act and just take away the journal, speed amp by X20 and speedblitz, put to sleep, etc.

Han can't bypass immortality.

Max does anything and one shots, and his physical body is 2-A so he doesn't even need the notebook.

Using 1% of his power isn't aoe. It's literally Max doing anything and completely obliterating Han.

You haven't established a distance, so SBA assumes they're hundreds of meters apart due to Han's range.

That's more then enough time for Maxwell to do literally anything and one shot, such as accidentally flex too hard.

I don't think he's ever faced a starting range here before in character, so as such we can infer that he realizes he needs something with range, so he makes that then one shots due to being 2-A. stomp.

Han can't bypass immortality

OOC

Max does anything and one shots, and his physical body is 2-A so he doesn't even need the notebook.

Still goes for golems first.

Using 1% of his power isn't aoe. It's literally Max doing anything and completely obliterating Han.

That doesn't matter tough, he's attacks don't create shockwaves or such. He needs to get close range for that.

You haven't established a distance, so SBA assumes they're hundreds of meters apart due to Han's range.

Yes, and by the time Max arrives there Han will have used his amps

That's more then enough time for Maxwell to do literally anything and one shot, such as accidentally flex too hard.

He can't flex too hard tough. He does not create shockwaves or anythi9ng with attacks.

Not wanting to die is definitely not ooc lol. Just because he's not faced a situation doesn't mean he's just gonna freeze up and not do anything.

Wokistan said:
I don't think he's ever faced a starting range here before in character, so as such we can infer that he realizes he needs something with range, so he makes that then one shots due to being 2-A. stomp.
He has, he made a space mecanical horse to ride him over.

And he doesn't create 2-A weapons. In-fact, most of his weapons are 8-C, with the exeption of the nuke and the likes.

Wokistan said:
Not wanting to die is definitely not ooc lol. Just because he's not faced a situation doesn't mean he's just gonna freeze up and not do anything.
And when did I say he wants to die? He does not put immortal adjective on himself tough, that is just ooc. And mind-hax ignores that anyways.

Him being 2-A should upscale just about everything.

Also I'd like to see the sections of the comic that you so vehemently claim prove that he jobs hard in fights.

Wokistan said:
Him being 2-A should upscale just about everything.
No... no it doesn't. If everything he created were to upscale to him, litiraly every being in the DC universe he made would be 2-A.

Again, that range is more then enough for Max to write "Dead" or summon Mxy. I don't even know why you think Han speedblitzes since Max can keep up with the Flash, so it's more then likely that Max actually speedblitzes, so you should probably find another point to use that isn't based purely on assumption.

22Easy said:
Again, that range is more then enough for Max to write "Dead" or summon Mxy. I don't even know why you think Han speedblitzes since Max can keep up with the Flash, so it's more then likely that Max actually speedblitzes, so you should probably find another point to use that isn't based purely on assumption.
Neither of which is in-character. Have you read the comic?

Speed equal and speed amps, that is not an assumption.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
His notebook is infused with 2-A energy
The stuff he makes should be 2-A
No. He created the DC universe all over again. Unless every being became 2-A, it does not meant that.

In-fact, his notebook always has high 2-A energy, don' see his normal nukes being high 2-A

Wokistan said:
Also I'd like to see the sections of the comic that you so vehemently claim prove that he jobs hard in fights.
It's called a crisis of imagination. You can google it up.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Creating a multiverse /=/ creating a weapon tho.
In-fact, his notebook always has high 2-A energy, don' see his normal nukes being high 2-A

22Easy said:
You're acting as though Max won't use his 2-A power at all, when the first thing he did with it was perform a 2-A feat.
I am not saying that at all. I am saying that he will use it as he does in-character.

22Easy said:
Any 2-A power used in character one shots
Yes

And he will use them on the golems first.

And he can be one-shot in several ways before he does that, because he goes close range fighting first

You make it sound like the golems will instantly appear. Whereas Max can just punch the ground (which would be the cool way since you're so vehement on it) and one shot.

In fact, on what basis are you assuming he'd go for fodder Golems over the main threat?

22Easy said:
You make it sound like the golems will instantly appear. Whereas Max can just punch the ground (which would be the cool way since you're so vehement on it) and one shot.
In fact, on what basis are you assuming he'd go for fodder Golems over the main threat?
Do I need to give the definition of OOC? He will not destroy the planet. He was openly afraid of damaging the area in hs small squable with dopple.

Him always going for the summons first? The golems looking more threatening then Han? Invisibility hiding han?

Actually, why does max scale in base stats? It specifies that it's his notebook that got fueled, he lost the power after the creation happened and never used it to fight.

Back