• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I hope this space marine doesn't stomp Medaka

Saint 14 can't put down Medaka for good, though I don't think medaka really can either.

I guess. He needs to kill All Fiction to make medaka stay dead, and I don't remember how AF operates well enough to confidently say he can.

Saint resists all Medaka's attacks and kills her, but she comes back with AF. Medaka also can't kill him.

Incon.

To clarify, All Fiction is a thought based ability that can erase things, people and concepts, and occures automatically upon death so long as Medaka's soul is intact. One can also defeat All Fiction by mindhaxing without killing her.

That's not enough to kill Saint-14, but he doesn't have mindhax so he can't defeat Medaka either then.

Well, that and the fact that Medaka doesn't really use hax incharacter anyway. The only thing saving her is the fact that All Fiction's automatic.

It's possible Bookmaker could change this to Medaka's favor, but I'm not sure about all the nuance involved to really give a solid opinion on that.

Saint-14's resistance to soul and mind manipulaiton may get in the way of that. Although I don't understand how bookmaker wokrs exactly. Even if it worked, she still wouldn't have a way to kill or incap Saint-14 afaik.

INCOMING TEXT WALL

Well Bookmaker is basically a durability negating screw. Durability Negating because it doesn't deal "much" physical damage (we say it doesn't deal much rather than doesn't deal at all because Kumagawa stated that the damage to the body is nearly zero).

So after it hits you it removes your capabilities, all of them. Minuses and abnormalities are abilities that derive from the mental state so someone like Kumagawa who envies other people has the ability to bring them down to his level. These include:

All abilities: Literally all of them. They will get sealed and be unable to be used (i will also explain a bit down the line).

Will: With the exception of Medaka cus "MUH HERRO IS BETTER THAN URS" all those who are hit by Bookmaker have gotten their will droped to Kumagawa's level and therefore be unwilling to fight as they will be suffering with a sudden "Kumagawa mentality". Basically, "I can't win no matter whatI do". It's super depression.

Technique or Skill: And i don't mean abilities, but actual skills. As in the "skill to be able to use your abilities". Style users lack abilities (Medaka Box is weird, don't ask), as their "styles" are nothing more than words that alter reality, yet they couldn't use the styles after being affected by bookmaker becaue they lost the ability to activate those skills. To give you a simpler example, let's talk about the Ransegan. The rasengan is just chakra put into one hand (the og rasengan), with Chakra being just simple life energy it shouldn't be sealed, true enough, though your ability to concentrate chakra or even control it would be lost. That's what it means, you will be unable to access your abilities. So even if a stronger ability (one that would resist Bookmaker's seal) were to be hit by bookmaker, the user would still be unable to activate it, because he would lack the skill to do so.

Physical Stats: Dude becomes 8-A at best.

Talent and IQ: This includes stuff like learning or adapting while in a fight. Or generally stuff that would give someone the title "genius" of a certain field. Just inate traits that make someone better than the other.

All these combined give the incap effect which is the shut down. Bookmaker itself is not what causes the incap, it's "turning into Kumagawa" that incaps. The sudden drop in stats, will, technique, IQ etc causes what i like to call a "mental shut down" as in this is too much for the brain to handle. Kind of like how too much pain or shock can incap someone (If the body experiences too much pain or a really sudden shock, the brain releases automatic signals to make the body...pass out so that it won't take anymore damage from it), the same thing happens here, where the sudden shock of dropping from the normal level to a minus level causes the mind to shut down the body and itself to avoid experiencing it. How much this lasts is a bit unknown as it is subjective but given that Kumagawa can put more than 1 screw on his victims increasing the effects it's quite irrelevant.

Let me know if ya need any clarification.

Would the fact that he has a robotic body and that his soul isn't in his body make a difference? Also how much of that is mind manipulation?

So apparently Medaka Box is having a revision and a blog about the ability Bookmaker is being made so I'll be putting this thread on a hold for now.

There's a revision going about whether or not Medaka Box characters have souls or not. If Medaka does have a soul then Saint-14 can kill her, but if she doesn't then she likely takes this thanks to Book Maker.

It's an artificial intelligence that assists its guardian and it's where guardians get all their immortalities from.

how can you destroy it ? is it on saint 14 body ? armor ? is it a machine or is it more magical in nature ?

i need details :)

Not sure it is inherently on its body but it can certainly be called to them for various uses. Generally speaking it is this little floating robot that contains their soul and resurrects them.

how does his immortality work ? if the body is completly destroyed or is unable to be repaired for example ?

if it take multiple hours for him to come back , medaka could win via incapp/BFR ( not specified that death is the only win condition in the OP)

They have low-godly regen so if their body is completely erased the can still regenerate

Pretty sure regen is instant, unsure of BFR but doubtful.

I don't know what kind of BFR medaka has, but BFR to pocket dimensions and other universes or temporal BFRS won't work.

^ Basically that.

ok thank everyone for the precisions

i reread EoS medaka abilities and some could be interresting to argue about (see the clear list here under "copied trample skills" https://medakabox.wikia.com/wiki/Medaka_Kurokami) :

Clearance Conditio : Clarify prerequisites skill :could make her aware of what is neccesary to kill saint 14 for good .

Apostrophe Shaker : No miscalculations skill : conbined with the above skill could greatly help medaka here to target the Ghost accuratly with All Fiction

My Standard Damage : Damage doesn't heal skill :could prevent saint 14 regen to an extent ( i don't know how regen null is effective against low godly)

Appointment Table : Go first skill : could also help , although , All Fiction time erasure is already plenty enough .

all of those combined with standard All Fiction , Bookmaker , Encounter could potentially allow medaka to win here what do you think ?

Back