• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have to decrease my workload

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

As most of you know, our wiki is turning increasingly popular. The problem with this is that my workload has also drastically increased.

Even though I try to sift through the tasks as well as I can, and only focus on the most important ones, I simply cannot keep up, even with an over 80 hour work week.

As a result, I am currently eating, sleeping, and working with the wiki, and almost nothing else. If this continues, I will rapidly approach a burnout, and be unable to continue to help out at all in the future.

I have to remove some part of my workload, and unfortunately this means most of the content revision threads, as this is the part of the work that can more easily be shared and solved amongst the rest of the staff.

The monitoring of most suspicious edits in the wiki is the more important task that I perform daily, and also the one that I am more efficiently able to handle, so I think that this seems like the better option.

Of course, there are drawbacks with this. An awful lot of important content revision threads will remain unattended and never lead anywhere, unless the rest of the staff takes a more active hand than currently in trying to evaluate them, which is very unfortunate, but I do not seem to have a choice in this matter any more.

I have some advice for the staff regarding how to more efficiently resolve content revision threads:

• If you are not knowledgeable about a certain subject, inform the people who are by checking through the Knowledgeable Members List page. If that does not work, you can inspect the "supporters & opponents" section of the verse page instead, or simply ask the people arguing for a change to write down an easy to understand summary of their conclusions.
  • Attach appropriate page tags/topics at the bottom of the thread, so it is easier to search for and find the discussions in the future, and if necessary remove extremely inappropriate ones. For example, the Dragon Ball verse page should be tagged for questions about these characters, and the Tiering System page for questions directly concerning its applications.
  • Close threads that have reached a clear conclusion, or they will recurrently continue for months with derailed nonsense discussions.
  • If you have unlocked profiles for a certain series of edits, make sure to lock them again afterwards.
  • Given that I won't monitor discussions nearly as much anymore, it is extra important to state in the edit summary in which thread a certain change has been approved by the staff, for my edit monitoring to run much easier. It might be a good idea to add this requirement to the editing rules.
You can still inform me about Marvel, DC, and Tenchi Muyo threads that may need my attention, as I am knowledgeable about these franchises, but other than that I will attempt to gradually phase out my participation.

I mean, Im totally grateful to you and your hardwork, but, honestly, you deserve some rest. Some very good rest. You dont need to push yourself that hard. The CR threads can be attentended by the rest of the staff, including the Marvel, DC and TM so you dont need to worry about that.

We have grown to depend on your efforts too much, its time for us to work harder so that you dont need to stress yourself.

Again, thank you.

Thank you very much for all of the work. Please take care. Your health and happiness is vastly more important than your duties here. The rest of the staff are more than capable of handling the tasks you've issued. Best of wishes :)

Do as your body tells you to do. Get well, and remain in good mental and physical health, that is simply the key to doing anything else. We're all here to support you, and will continue to support you in good or bad health, positive or negative conditions of life. Take care.

I understand, entirely, friend. I spend a good eight or so hours a day on this wiki, myself. You've done great things, here, Ant. I am looking to do more, here. I do have a question. How does one prove themselves to be knowledgeable on a verse? I feel as if I'm knowledgeable on many, here, but I don't know how to get added to that page. And perhaps in the near future, I could get some other verses I enjoy added here, such as Golden Sun.

Mind my chatter, I've drifted. But I'm sure we all appreciate your hard work, Ant. You've made VS debating better and easier for all of us.

I'm sure everyone knows that you are the most deserving of rest (Or if somehow not, very much one of the top.) on this wiki, given that... you know, you made this Wiki, & put so, so, so, so, so, so, so, SO much work into it!!

Please, I implore you to get some rest. It'd be a great loss to be without you, & they do say "At least you have your health"; At the very least, one should try to have their health, & rest & recovery is the most important part of it.

I'm sure the staff will handle things just fine in any temporary absences of yours, so rest well, Antvasima!

You've done a lot for this wiki and we're all grateful. I understand that you will need to reduce your hours here so as to get some much needed rest and focus on yourself and real life for a bit. You definitely need a breather.

We'll do our best to make sure this place is running properly. Hope you get a little de-stressed and better over the coming days. Take care, Antvasima.

You are awesome to have @Antvasima, you are well deserving of rest. I will also do my best to help out the wiki when I can.

You've done months upon months of working on this wiki, basically running on fumes of your profile is to go by. You should take a well deserved rest.

I'm sorry that I'm not quite as active I would like, and I most certainly am not as active as you need. That said, I'll help where I can so take a breather when you feel the need for it. You best have a break, lest you, yourself break.

You most certainly deserve it for being so dedicated. Take care boss.

Dude, you do so much work on here, culativated this wiki's popularity , and do it all for little compensation.

Take a break. Anyone who is on this wiki for a few hours a day, staff member or no, know much you work.

(Although everyone else has said my comment basically twenty times, so this is not a new one lol.) Regardless, take a break man or lower your time on here. Any reasonable person shouldnt judge you.

You have worked more than anyone else for the wiki, to the point where I legitimately thought that you founded it when I first came here. You deserve all the rest that you need, we will handle this.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
I do have a question. How does one prove themselves to be knowledgeable on a verse? I feel as if I'm knowledgeable on many, here, but I don't know how to get added to that page.
Generally being able to recall the entirety of a verse or the more popular elements of it like the back of your hand.

Anyway, rest up Ant. We'll do more on our part so you can do less on yours ƒÿñ

You do a heck of a lot of work for this wiki and definitely deserve a break, Hope things get easier for you.

understood, and dont worry about any verses i heavily milk CR's on.. like.. cough.. cough... something

ok enough jokes

I'm plenty capable of dealing with TES right now, and dont worry ill get someone else to suffer my wrath.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Ah, well, I can do that for many verses. If you want a few that I'm fully sure on, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Kirby.
If you're knowledgeable enough on them you can add yourself to the Knowledgeable Members List if you wish.

It's good to know you're finally get some deserved rest, as the amount of work you put in this wiki is immense and is surely very tiresome

Take Care c:

It is concerning to hear the degree to which you have been affected. It is also a relief to hear that you are taking a step back in order to take care of yourself.

Take as long as necessary to recuperate. You deserve the break, and you've more than earned it.

I concur. Did the math, and adding up the next 3 biggest contributors' edits, it's still lesser than yours, Ant (at the time of this post, Ant's 113,808 to Ryu's, Cross's, and Dark's 107,829). It goes to show how much work you put into this wiki over the years when this is a fact, and it wouldn't have been anywhere close without your guidance. You definitely need a fully-deserved break, and we're more than happy to let you.

Thanx, finally you're going to take some relief, I can't imagine a person that has a task of 80 hours front the monitor.

Take all the time you need Ant.

Newendigo said:
Thanx, finally you're going to take some relief, I can't imagine a person that has a task of 80 hours front the monitor.
Take all the time you need Ant.
That's insane to be capable of doing that for 80 hours.

I agree with everyone here on this, you need the break more than the rest of us do.

I even offered once if he needed a day off id happily take over his duties for a day

(then i realized the 80 hours a week, then i remembered i have tests, then i remembered my own birthday, then i remembered my entire other busy irl schedule. I'd have to slow down time but still pick up my original reflexes and speed)

Back