• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

i have a question about tiering system that has been making me question a lot of things

so, lets say there is a character that can destroy universes or even beyond, and then a guy with a punch beats him. Would that make him universal even though he cant destroy universes but beat those who can?

i guess that would make him universal even though he cant destroy universes, am i correct or tiers only work if he destroys a universe despite his punch´s power?

No, it doesn't make him universal. The universe buster hasn't shown any durability feats before. Usually Tiers show the character's Attack Potency.

it was an example, what im trying to say is that if such character beats down other guy who can destroy universes then the guy that killed him is universal too even though he cant destroy a universe, right?

so character A destroyed a universe but character B one punches him and character A dies (lets say character A has universal durability too) Character B is universal cuz he killed a universe buster being right? but character B cant destroy universes since he doesnt have the ability to affect such a big area (the universe in this case) so character B is universal or tiers only count for destroying such object? (ex: if a monster destroys a building then he is building tier but my super bullet can kill monsters that destroy buildings even though the bullet itself doesnt have the ability to destroy a building but has enough power to kill those who can) am i right or am i wrong?

So, you said that character A has universal durability, huh? Then character B will be Universal in terms of attack potency, yeah. The only difference is that his range is of standard melee range.

If character A destroyed the universe in such a way that it scales to his physical durability (ie. destroying it through physical means or tanking the destruction of the universe in the process) then yes character B would be universe level

Yeah, he will be universal. Attack potency includes being able to damage characters who tank a certain level of destruction, even if the first character cannot reproduce that destruction themselves

That's basically how Power scaling works in a nutshell.

Character B can keep up with Character A who happens to do this

Back