• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise Power Additions and Weaknesses

Power Bestowal (Can grant immortality)

- this is no illusion, you foolish little boy - this is eternity, My eternity, and you are lost

in it, lost forever, never to find your way back; you are eternal now, and condemned to

wander in the black . . . after you meet Me face to face, that is - It

Acausality (By virtue of being eternal)

I'm Bill Denbrough. You know who I am and why I'm here. You killed my brother and I'm here to kill You. You picked the wrong kid, bitch.

- I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Perception Manipulation (Can change how people percieve him)

Richie chanced a glance behind him as he flung himself onto the package carrier and saw the Werewolf crossing the lawn toward them, less than twenty feet away now. Blood and slobber mixed on its high-school jacket. White bone gleamed through its pelt about the right temple. There were white smudges of sneezing powder on the sides of its nose. And Richie saw two other things which seemed to complete the horror. There was no zipper on the thing's jacket; instead there were big fluffy orange buttons, like pompoms.

Weakness of being extremely lazy

It had made a great self-discovery: It did not want change or surprise. It did not want new things, ever. It wanted only to eat and sleep and dream and eat again.

I literally only support the third one.

The first isn't granting immortality. It's It telling the other character in a fancy sort of way that they're going to be mentally assimilated after they're forced to meet True It/see the Deadlights. I'm pretty sure this is from the same spread of pages where It pulls Bill's consciousness out of the universe and starts dragging it towards itself.

The second makes no sense at all.

The fourth doesn't really crop up during combat situations. It's just a broader mentality It has when it comes to life in general.

Here's another power bestowal thing

Suddenly he thought he understood: It meant to thrust him through some wall at the end of the universe and into some other place

(what that old Turtle called the macroverse)

where It really lived; where It existed as a titanic, glowing core which might be no more than the smallest mote in the Other's mind; he would see It naked, a thing of unshaped destroying light, and there he would either be mercifully annihilated or live forever, insane yet conscious inside It's homicidal endless formless hungry being. - It

Okay, I should point out that the deadlights are not a parralel universe, todash space is the space between universes, but the deadlights are infinite in size and have their own spacetime.

Lastly, shouldn't true pennywise have large size type 8 for being larger than the universe?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Here's another power bestowal thing
Suddenly he thought he understood: It meant to thrust him through some wall at the end of the universe and into some other place

(what that old Turtle called the macroverse)

where It really lived; where It existed as a titanic, glowing core which might be no more than the smallest mote in the Other's mind; he would see It naked, a thing of unshaped destroying light, and there he would either be mercifully annihilated or live forever, insane yet conscious inside It's homicidal endless formless hungry being. - It
That's yet another reference to being assimilated into It's true form, hence the bit about being "insane yet conscious inside It's homicidale endless formless hungry being".

Look, I don't have my PDFs here, which means I'm probably not gonna give you any actual quote from the book. But I'll try my best:

I kind of disagree with this. I mean, I suppose what It means is similar to - or even exactly the same as - what The Darkness (Supernatural) does. She absorbs her prey into herself and they're gonna be eternal, and live forever alongside her. It's thing should be similar. Or something.

Well, that could be true, yes, but I'm skeptical. I mean, this quote of yours is not valid for Acausality, and neither is being eternal. Eternity is... weird, as a concept. Let's try to figure it out.

"You have no power. This is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal!"
Well, this quote pretty much implies that his "eternity" means, literally, Eternity. He exists since ever, more or less, as will continue to exist forever (which ought to make sense since It is the "eternal" - that word again - enemy of Maturin, the Great Turtle and Creator). Then, in case of predating time, he should get it. But I would feel better if we put a "possible" in this section.

Well, since I haven't got my PDFs, I had to look after this quote. Thankfully, a quick research with the MIGHTY GOOGLE was able to do the trick

Agreed. I don't even know why he still hasn't got that. It was brought up in another thread, IIRC.

• Miscellaneous
Absorption, Soul Manip and Large Size are fine to me.

Yes, actually. If I'm remembering correctly, its avatar did that after the (chronological) first time it was defeated by the Losers. I think...

Several pages were dedicated to showing how much damage it did.

Also, something that has been bothering me, the deadlights aren't a parralel universe, they're part of todash space which is between universes, although they are comparable in size.

The problem with that is that It's true form clearly isn't infinite-sized in the literal sense. Otherwise, Bill would have seen it immediately after being pulled past the boundary of the mainstream SK universe due to it taking up all of that space outside of it.

It's only "endless" in the context of Bill's perception, which is extremely limited given that he's only human.

Add perception manipulation, absorbtion, soul manipulation, and large size type 8, and slightly change the justification for the tier, which stays Low 2-C

Back