• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hit it, Big Neptune!

Introduction
Hey, hey, hey! It's ya boi, back at it again with another set of Hyperdimension Neptunia revisions, because the brainrot just! Doesn't! End! And it never will end!

All fixation aside, I'm bringing you another set of revisions for the series, this time focused around the newly-released spinoff, Neptunia: Game Maker R:Evolution. I'll be covering everything that the game has to offer; from scaling, to new Powers and Abilities, to new keys, to new profiles, and whatever other goodies that the game has to offer. On top of that, there will (of course) be some changes that aren't listed in the OP just like my last set of revisions, but I (half) promise that this will be the last time I do this sort of thing.

Now, because this CRT is covering a new canonically-tied game (which I will go over why it is canon soon enough), there will be a lot more for me to cover compared to the previous revisions that I had worked on, which includes all of the things that I mentioned above - the scaling, the P&A, the keys, the profiles, etc. - meaning that, yes, the spoiler tags have graced us with their presence once again.

As always, please don't feel overwhelmed by them. I know I've said this all too many times by now, but I do sincerely mean it; I try to keep the information as compact as possible, but sometimes, a wall of text is a necessary evil in order to get revisions like these done. So please take your time reading through these.

Additionally, because this game was recently released and is not that old as of right now, this is going to be a spoiler-heavy discussion, so if you are a fan of the series and want to experience this game without having it spoiled for you beforehand because of
my brainrot these revisions, then please go and watch or play the game and come back to the CRT later. Otherwise, stick around and proceed with caution.

With all of that said, let's get to Nepping!

Buuut, before that. . .

The Canonicity of Game Maker R:Evolution
Just like with Sisters VS Sisters before it, this is another oddball case for the Neptunia series, where a spin-off is actually canon to the main timeline and follows its events. Meaning that, similar to SVS, there is an explanation as to why and how it is canon in the first place. And, thankfully, we do have some evidence to support Game Maker R:Evolution being canon to the main timeline, and though it's not in the exact same way that Sisters VS Sisters is canon to the main timeline, it is still a canon game nonetheless.

Similarly to SVS, this game takes place after the events of Megadimension Neptunia VII. Although there's not as much evidence this time around, we do have two pieces of evidence to show that this is, in fact, a follow-up game. That being:

Now, with that out of the way, let's get into the real meat and potatoes of this CRT. As mentioned before, all of these will be contained within their own spoiler tags to keep the OP tidy and not suddenly throw information at your face the entire way through.
rldwOcF.png

These will be abilities that have been shown in the game. Much like our Sisters VS Sisters revisions, these abilities will be ordered by Chapter if they are from the story, and by character if they come from gameplay.

Additionally, some abilities will have justifications that are part of different chapters, meaning that the entire justification will be fit in the first chapter the ability in question is shown or explained in. All of the abilities have references, so no need to worry about that. Any Chapters that have "None" listed means that it's either from gameplay, or it's already been stated. Surprisingly, there is actually only one new ability from Share Energy this time around, meaning there won't be a dedicated section for that.
Prologue
Chapter 1
  • None.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
  • None.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
  • None.
Chapter 7
  • None.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 / Final Chapter
Victory Crew (Ultra Neptune + Failure Goddesses)
Ultra Neptune

Pipi
  • Homing Attack (Pipi's first weapon, "AT Boomerang", states that the AT stands for "automatic tracking", and that the boomerang homes in on enemies)
  • Wind Manipulation (Several of Pipi's attacks use the Wind element, or use wind in other manners; Wind Circular is an attack that creates an explosive tornado; Crescent Blast has Pipi create a large boomerang of wind; Moon Buster has Pipi throwing a boomerang made of wind, and Aerial Strike sees her creating six wind boomerangs and firing them at the enemy)
  • Water Manipulation (Pipi's Punishing Blast is an attack that uses the Water element)
  • Lightning Manipulation (Thunder Crescent is an attack that uses the Lightning element, where Pipi throws an electrified boomerang that shocks the enemies it hits)
  • Energy Projection (Affection Beam has Pipi shooting out a high-powered energy beam in front of her. She also compresses and fires energy in her EXE Drive, AT Impact)
Jarga
Lideo

Little Neptune
  • Addition to Fire Manipulation (Via Explosion, an attack that uses the Fire Element and utilizes explosions from fireballs)
  • Earth Manipulation (Via Tackle Impact, which has Neptune slam her sword into the ground to cause an earth pillar to strike the enemy)
  • Energy Projection (Rising Blow has Neptune create several energy slashes disconnected from her sword)
Noire
  • Addition to Light Manipulation (Rising Light has Noire creating a pillar of light to launch enemies into the air and leave them defenseless; Thousand Stars utilizes blades of light to skewer the enemy several times)
Blanc
  • Earth Manipulation (Both Giga Impact and Herrliche Erde utilize upheaved earth strikes to attack the enemy)
Vert
  • None lol
Nepgear
  • Plasma Manipulation (Gear Slash sees Nepgear swinging her sword and releasing a powerful plasma slash)
Uni
  • Plasma Manipulation (Uni's Solar Burn finish attack has her fire a series of bullets which explode into blasts of plasma to attack the enemy)
Rom
  • Homing Attack (Rom's Shining Sphere attack releases a ball of light which homes in on the enemy)
Ram
Copy the Art
  • Energy Projection (Some of Art's attacks are capable of using energy of some form; Stolen Strokes uses energy orbs that home in on the opponent in groups of three, and Plagiarized Blast has her shoot out a burst of cyan energy before she takes a step back)
  • Homing Attack (Stolen Strokes' first set of energy orbs has homing properties, being able to track the enemy as they move. Counterfeit Hunt uses multiple orbs of darkness that chase down the enemy)
  • Darkness Manipulation (Counterfeit Hunt sees Art using orbs of darkness to damage the enemy. Duplicated Detonation also has her create holographic panels which explode into blasts of pure, black magic)
  • Light Manipulation (Stolen Strokes and Imitation Grenade both see her using orbs of light, with the latter acting as a frag grenade that splits into several smaller light orbs)
  • Creation (Creates holographic gun batteries and screens in Counterfeit Hunt and Duplicated Detonation respectively)
Copy the Hard
Copy the Code
Zaikopath
  • Poison Manipulation (In Poisonous Backlog, Zaikopath lays down several traps - seemingly puddles of poisonous substance - that damage those that walk into it)
  • Creation (In Defective Discs, Zaikopath creates three discs that all swiftly revolve around the creature, moving further away and faster with each revolution. In Spike of Neglect, Zaikopath creates several spikes from beneath the enemy to impale them)
  • Energy Projection (Creates a burst of energy with its roaring in Roar of the Returned. It also shoots a laser from its face in Laser of Loathing)

Zaiquone
  • Shockwave Generation (Creates a large shockwave by slamming into the ground in Resentful Impact)
  • Explosion Manipulation and more Creation (Creates several spiked objects that rain upon the enemy and explode in Maelstrom of Malace)
  • More Energy Projection (Spawns several energy stalagmites from underneath the enemy and itself in Abyssal Eruption. In Omega Catastrophe, it brings four dark energy spheres together to create one massive sphere that shoots out several lasers of energy at the enemy)
qy6gZea.png

With every new large revision comes a new large change to the series' scaling. And this time around, much like Sisters VS Sisters, this will be a relatively simple and easy-to-understand scaling chain. Additionally, there have been some tweaks to the overall series' scaling chain which shakes it up a tad, but not drastically. Let's first discuss Game Maker's scaling.

Game Maker R:Evolution Scaling Chain
As mentioned before, this game was actually quite easy to scale, just like Sisters VS Sisters. And though it's not quite as drastic in magnitude as Sisters, we've still got some really nice scaling this time around, no thanks to this game additionally taking place after VII, thus inheriting some of its scaling. Let's show the chain really quick.
As a side-note, even though the First Makers (Guardian Goddesses) and Second Sisters (Goddess Candidates) are not listed in this chain, they are by technicality still a part of it. Just assume them to be lumped with Ultra Neptune and the Failure Goddesses, since they are on the same level as each other. Additionally, Arfoire and the Gold Third being in brackets is to express that they are only there as a supplement to the chain as a whole, and are somewhat of a necessity to list, but not a necessity to explain. As such, they will not receive any explanations as to their placements in the chain.

Zaiquone > Awakened Neptune = Goddess Form Failure Goddesses / Goddesses of Victory > Current Base Ultra Neptune = Human Form Failure Goddesses / Goddesses of Victory > Main Body Zaikopath >> F-Sha = [Gold Form Gold Third] > Zaikopath Clone > [Base Form Gold Third] > [Arfoire] > Copy Clique Trio >>> Baseline 2-C
Just like in our Sisters VS Sisters revisions, we will include explanations similar to the ones seen in the Scaling Chain page. Going from top to bottom, weakest to strongest, here are our explanations:

Updated Series Scaling Chain
You already knew that this was coming, so let's cut to the chase. The changes mainly only include adding the Game Maker R:Evolution characters into the chain, as well as updating Ultra Dimension Neptune's position. The underlined characters are either new additions or changed positions.

Legend

• > - Stronger than
  • >> - Much stronger than
  • >>> - Far stronger than, borderline stomp
  • ≥ - Stronger than or equal to
  • = - Equal to
  • ⇄ - Interchangeable due to uncertainty
  • () - Potentially
  • Green Text - (Baseline) Tier
Next Forms > Full Power Dark Orange >>(>) Depowered Dark Orange > Current (Post-SVS) Average - High Shares HDD Forms > Current (Post-SVS) Low - Below-Average Shares HDD Forms > Arfoire-possessed Gray Sister with the IS Crystal's Shares >>> Arfoire-possessed Human Form Maho >>> Fake True Deity of Sin (SVS) > Peak Resurrected Vessel Arfoire (SVS) > Current (Post-SVS) Human Goddesses + Candidates >>> Zaiquone > Awakened Neptune = Goddess Form Failure Goddesses > Current Base Ultra Neptune = Human Form Failure Goddesses > Full Power HDD Rei > Hyper Dimension Rei > Base Kurome w/ Rei’s powers > Base Kurome w/o Rei’s powers >>> Complete Dark Goddesses > Gray Sister > Maho > Main Body Zaikopath > Full Power Dark Purple-infused Arfoire > Ultra Dimension ReiIncomplete Dark Goddesses > TDoS Zero Arfoire > Depowered Dark Purple-infused Arfoire >> Anri (F2P) > Higurashi > Shanghai Alice >> Affimojas > DoS Zero Arfoire > Current (Post-VII) Orange Heart > Anri > F-Sha > Zaikopath Clone = Gold Form w/ Crystal >> Gold Form w/o Crystal > Current (Post-VII) UzumeBase Zero Arfoire = Copy Clique Trio > Current (Post-VII) Makers = Current (Post-VII) Gold Third > Seely = Post-Victory Iris Heart and Yellow Heart > 2nd-Amped Yellow Heart > 1st-Amped Yellow Heart = 10x Normal Goddess Strength > Trendfluencer >>> Rei's Powers in VII > Heart Dimension and Hyper Dimension Fusion = Baseline 2-C, possibly 1-C (9-D) >>> Warechu King >> Steamax >(>) Post-Victory Plutia and Peashy >> Fake Goddesses > Gamindustri-amped BoS Nepgear > TDoS mk2 ArfoireAverage-High Shares BoS HDD Forms > Very Low-Below Average Shares BoS HDD Forms > BoS Human Form Goddesses / Candidates = BoS Makers > Holy Sword Nepgear > Conquest Nepgear > DoS mk2 Arfoire >>> CFW MagicEggplant-amped Ultra Arfoire > TDoS Ultra Arfoire > DoS Ultra Arfoire > Mr. Badd > Anonydeath > Copypaste > CFW TrickCFW Brave > CFW Judge >> Linda = Warechu > Killachine >>> Histoire = Baseline Low 2-C, possibly 1-C (9-D)

Due to the explanations for the Game Maker characters already stated above, we won't repeat them here to avoid redundancy. That said, we were heavily considering simply isolating Game Maker's scaling chain due to it not being fully connected to the main series timeline. However, because this game is coming off of the heels of VII, I still consider it to be important to index and integrate this scaling into the main series. It was somewhat annoying to figure out at first, but overall, what we have seems to work out. If there are too many questions that arise from confusing placements in regards to the Game Maker characters, we will isolate that scaling, though.
VPWIFVW.png

These are changes to the profiles that either don't necessarily pertain to anything shown or brought up in Game Maker R:Evolution, or do not fit under the above two tabs. This includes things such as non-GMR:E Powers and Abilities, rating justification changes, Notable Attacks and Techniques changes, etc.

As such, these will be labeled and ordered by their "category", so to say.

Powers and Abilities
Intelligence
qVvDj3p.png

As is tradition with every set of revisions for this series, we have some new profiles to create and updates to make to existing pages. You know the drill.

New Profiles
Updated Pages

Conclusion
Well, that's about it from me! This CRT certainly did not have as much as our Sisters VS Sisters CRT, but it definitely had quite a bit to go over still! If you notice that there is something in this CRT missing from any of the profiles, then please inform me so I can either add or remove it.

As for my personal thoughts on the game:
I think it's a really great game, honestly! It basically took everything that I took issue with in Sisters VS Sisters and polished it up to a more acceptable degree, to the point where I wasn't really feeling that burnt out during the gameplay like I was near the end of Sisters VS Sisters. Though, I will say that one area that I think Sisters VS Sisters heavily outclasses this game in is the story and character writing. I personally thought that this story, whilst entertaining from start to finish, was a rather. . .lackluster and fairly tame plot in comparison to SVS. Now, that's not exactly a bad thing, we got some really great character interactions out of it that I think wouldn't be out of place in the upcoming mainline game, but I can't help but think that it would have benefitted from a touch more character development and serious tone. Perhaps not as much as SVS, but a little bit more would have make it pretty great. I find that a more serious, and emotionally gripping story (when done correctly) is far better written than a story less focused on the serious elements, and more focused on the chaos and absurdity.

But really, that's not that big of a deal; this game gets a big thumbs up from me, and I can only hope that the next mainline game (and perhaps the next spin-off, for that matter) is of a level of quality similar to, or higher than this game. Don't disappoint me, Compile Heart.

Discuss!

Agree: Kisaragi_Megumi, Fezzih_007, KaiokenBlueGT
Agrees with some, has yet to give full input: Qawsedf234
Disagree:
Neutral:

Staff votes will be bolded.

Last edited:
I'll try to comment tomorrow. The scaling chains all look alright but since no other mods usually comment I have to look through all the P&A additions.

Though I should mention for the tiering stuff that the characters are multiversal 9-Dimensional in the possibly ratings, rather than just baseline 9-Dimensional.

Back