• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman via experience, intangibility, and the fact that he actually uses his hax in combat while Sonic only rarely uses it and when he does he leaves himself wide open.

idk, sonic stands up pretty good against superman because superman can survive 50 supernovas, and sonic in base was able to survive for a moment inside a black hole, which means super sonic can survive atleast 99 black holes and hyper sonic can survive 198. So sonic is actually more durable ( i know, suprisingly weird ). Also supermans normal punches are at most at mountain level. super sonic is at about multi continental level due to the fact that he defeated dark gaia which couldve destroyed the world. And Super sonic can reach infinite speeds because his creator stated he could reach infinite speeds.

Also sonic has a lot of combat experience, maybe even more than superman, because superman doesnt actually know hot to fight in an actual martial art style, while sonic does

@1069006J

Use the characters profiles, your estimations of their powers is very off.

Also, Superman has a lot of martial arts training. On top of two optimism martial arts, he has also learned from other heroes and has extensive experience which has allowed him to become a very clever fighter. Your assertion of combat experience and martial arts is completely false.

1069006J said:
https://youtu.be/CNvhxDjpus0
skip to 5:06 and youll see he can super sonic can go infinite speeds
Creator statements are not always valid.

Also Superman is leagues above Sonic in every skill-based catagory. He is smarter, more experienced, better trained (Sonic has no training), and has faced more dangerous opponents (Eggman is a joke compared any serious villain)

what do you mean, the creator statements arent valid, its the creator. Sonic has training from the freedom fighters and superman got defeated by muhhamad ali because he doesnt know how to fight

1069006J said:
eggman got the time eater, so he is not a joke
He is overall. His idiotic moments far outweigh his intelligent ones. Someone like Doctor Wily is honestly much smarter since Eggman neither plans countermeasures in case plan A fails.

Again, Use the characters profiles. Very few characters actually have infinite speed, and for good reason. Hell, I could get Superman infinite speed with wanking and scaling, but that isn't something we should do here.

Ok please use the character stats we have on their profiles, if you feel they are wrong make content revision thread.

If I see anyone else bring up Goku for no reason I will close this.

PostmodernD said:
Again, Use the characters profiles. Very few characters actually have infinite speed, and for good reason. Hell, I could get Superman infinite speed with wanking and scaling, but that isn't something we should do here.
Pre-Crisis Superman actually broke the bounds of infinity XD.

Anyway, IMO Supes wins because he's pretty close to Large Star + (But not quite), Sonic is super low-tier in LS+, Superman is faster (roughly 2x so assuming HS is 100c), has better abilities (Sonic doesn't attack when using Chaos Control, nor does any user of it, and Superman's travel speed means BFR isn't an option for Sonic), while Supes hax is very much useful for combat since he can use it to harm the opponent rather than simply teleport.

Also worth noting is that Superman has vastly superior experience, intelligence and fighting skills.

I vote Supes low-difficulty, as he outclasses Sonic in nearly everything.

I'm aware of pre crisis Superman doing that lol.

Anyway, yeah. I think this one is an example of a decsissive fight. I'm willing to hear more from anyone supporting Sonic though. I just can't think of many win scenarios.

His points on experience are subjective enough to be counted, so I agree in counting it.

I don't have much else to add honestly. I think Superman does have a weakness here, so I'll disclose it. Nothing major, but his best has work as lethal means, something that he very rarely does in character. Sonic has always seemed more willing to deal damage when needed. Still think Superman takes it 8.5 times out of 10.

PostmodernD said:
His points on experience are subjective enough to be counted, so I agree in counting it.
I don't have much else to add honestly. I think Superman does have a weakness here, so I'll disclose it. Nothing major, but his best has work as lethal means, something that he very rarely does in character. Sonic has always seemed more willing to deal damage when needed. Still think Superman takes it 8.5 times out of 10.
His point on experience is idiotic since Superman is older and has combated crime for more years than Sonic has been alive.

Both will deal damage when needed, but neither go for the kill.

Superman has speed, Sonic has some power.

Supes' advantage in everything else gives him the win.

KillitwithC4 said:
I'll vote for superman for Bruce's reasons, though to be fair, superman doesn't outclass sonic in everything.
Why's that? He's way smarter, way more skilled, way more experienced, actually uses his hax in combat, is very close to LS+ while Sonic is fodder-tier LS+, and has a solid speed advantage quantifiably speaking.

I know that superman outclasses sonic in most parts, it's just the AP and durability that sonic has, everything else goes to superman.

I'm voting Superman, myself. Slight AP/Dura advantage, considerably smarter, and arguable the better martial artist. If Sonic was notably faster than Supes, he might have been able to capitalize on that for a win... but he is not.

ThePerpetual said:
I'm voting Superman, myself. Slight AP/Dura advantage, considerably smarter, and arguable the better martial artist. If Sonic was notably faster than Supes, he might have been able to capitalize on that for a win... but he is not.
Superman is actually slightly weaker in ap/dura. but I agree everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back