• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Yeah, about time someone made this match, with all the difficulty that Alex suffers of being able to barely have a good match and Hyde finding very few matches against people that aren't well above baseline, it's about time this was a thing.

Speed, is Equal.

Alex Mercer:

Hyde:

I vaguely remember this game.

That said I don't know if Hyde's res is enough to defend against Alex's viral infection once he actually decides to use it. The big question is whether he can take Alex down before that with his anti regen fast.

Ciruno Fortes said:
I vaguely remember this game.

That said I don't know if Hyde's res is enough to defend against Alex's viral infection once he actually decides to use it. The big question is whether he can take Alex down before that with his anti regen fast.
I mean, Hyde is pretty cocky in combat and always holds himself back by not immediately killing his opponents, based on his profile. That could already make Mercer's win condition of molecular-scale viral infection be quicker to achieve than Hyde's win condition of killing Mercer by making contact with his sword, just by Hyde's CIS alone.

I swear, I don't know where these intellect descriptions come from. I mean, even then all of Hyde's attack cut your existence apart directly so there is that.

So hyde has type five immortallity how does mercer peirce this? As far as I know absorbtion/infection doesn't let one bypass type five...Could be wrong though...

edit question is mercer in his evolved form?

The pen or the sword said:
So hyde has type five immortallity how does mercer peirce this? As far as I know absorbtion/infection doesn't let one bypass type five...Could be wrong though...

edit question is mercer in his evolved form?
There are ways to circumvent immortality without needed to kill, such as incapacitation. In this case, the Blacklight Virus would convert Hyde into a mindless infected under Mercer's control if it doesn't kill him, effectively incapacitating Hyde through Biological Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (which Hyde doesn't seem to have resistance to either, based on his profile). And Hyde's Regenerationn isn't very good for a character with Type 5 Immortality, so he would likely be trapped in Mercer's body as viral biomass if he were to get absorbed.

Either way, Mercer is likely to gas the area from the very start, especially at a distance.

Also, the 7-C key for Mercer is him at his Evolved from, based on his EoS self in Prototype 2 just before his defeat.

Allright then I am currently leaning slightly on mercer for the moment, there striking strength and durability are equivlant but mercer seems to have a slight range advantage. While hydes profile mentions projectiles they seem to lack the existence erasure aspect of his sword.

Mercer also has a massive advantage in lifting strength so if he manages to get past the reach of the sword he can soundly manhandle hyde. He can also use the enviorment to chuck cars/trees/ect at hyde. Hyde's instinctve reaction should make that to diffcult for mercer just thought it was worth noting.

Mercer has the ability to gas, using that again forces hyde to keep at range to avoid infection. Add on to that mercers absorbtion and this becomes a fight where both have win cons that are easy to get off. Hyde needs to hit mercer with his sword before mercer manages to infect/absorb him. Thing is reading over their profiles alex in character is going to go for alot more brutallity/effciancy then hyde is early on.

Mercer also seems to have the stealth advantage but I don't know if theres really any scenario where he can use it to his advantage here... Saying that alex also has the intellegence/stratgy advantage. Currently unsure of who has the experience advantage. (Saying that hyde is quite a few years older then virus mercer :p)

So my conclusion for the moment is mercer high diff, both have rather easy win cons but mercer's seems to be the one able to pull it off with some range and a willingness to go for it first... Of course this is going off some basic info on the profile so I may have missed something apologies if that is the case!

Hyde's attacks do not lack the Existence Erasure aspect of the sword. All of his attacks utilize the power of Insulator, that is literally his main ability.

I don't care to debate Under Night fights anymore so I won't give an argument. I just wanted to clear this misconception. I will make a Revision for the intelligence sections for each character sometime next week.

So his darkness projectiles have existince erasure? From looking over his other battles that doesn't seem to be how we treat it but ok. That should probably be listed on his profile if true...Hmmm that might be enough for me to switch as it makes mercer have to play an agressive dodge game. Saying that I don't see a range listed for his projectiles so it's hard to say how much of an advatage that gives Hyde...

Hmmm he's lacking a means to sense killing intent thus mercer stealth gassing/consuming is still an option. The gas will make mercer harder to hit and make Hyde's attempts to hit mercer more difficult as he needs to avoid a massive area of gas. Hyde also doesn't seem to have a good way to deal ground spiking/devestators.

Honestly still slightly leaning on mercer for the moment, speed equal this comes down to who gets off there win con first, and going off current profile mercer goes for brutallity and the kill first. Mercer can also create some mook infected to assist him, that plus stealth is enough for me to maintain my thoughts on mercer's victory.

edit: Im not sure about the line of reasoning that the attack coming from the same source of power grants it existence erasure but Im no expert...

I came back to explain this. Isulator has one ability, this EE effect, this does not change just because the attack is a projectile as it utilizes Insulator's power which revolves around purely cutting existence. Thus the blades of darkness he sends out is still the EE related attacks. I don't understand where this misconception comes from and I assume this fact would be obvious. Also in Hyde vs Tharja, the projectiles being treated like this was a factor so I am curious to what fights you mentioned. Also, Hyde has this on his file.

Extrasensory Perception (Can sense beings in his general area as well as those who try to hide their presence with relative ease)

To what extent does the extra sensory preception work? Does it have feats of working on shapeshifters? How does it actually function? Alex doesn't hide his presence so much as just become some random mook. What stops alex as a random person getting close and gassing the area? Or creating a bunch of low 7c evolved/infected to help? It would also be useful if hyde had an actual range for his pojectiles...

I think the reason people have this idea is due to hydes profile listing the attacks as energy projection and not mentioning the blast as part of his ee. I was refering to leblanc, though I agree looking it over we do treat it as existence erasure aplogies

He's able to sense the likes of In-Births who hide their presence along with Voids who are completely invisible and unsensible to normal humans outside of the Hollow Night. Basically, he can tell they are there whether they try and hide themselves or not. Well, Hyde has an omnidirectional explosion and honestly, range is hard to pin down considering we are talking about a game with no animated cutscenes. Kinda the issue with dealing with a fighting game that has a pretty low budget and has only one game with a small "story" mode.

That tells me next to nothing, can he detect random people in a crowd? How does he detect people? detecting things that are unsesnable to regular humans is intersting it really doesn't tell me about his ability to detect things hiding in crowds as random people. does he sense killing intent? Or somekind of energy these beings/voids give off? Is it like alex infected sonar? Omni directional explosion sounds good, how liable is he to use it in a crowd of people? Saying that it would be useful to get the infected off him, but the infection would just serve as a distraction to allow mercer to gass/touch.

He can sense EXS or one's existence, hence how he can tell whose who or if one is an in birth or not. He can also sense Voids who lack EXS altogether as they lack a conventional existence. Also where are these people coming from? Why are we assuming he will just he will just so happen to have an army of infected? Also, Hyde has never fought a group of people before so you're asking a specific question that I cannot answer as all of Hyde's fights are 1v1. I can only throw out ways in which he would be able to deal with a situation.

Here is an example of a Void.

They're in new york four kilometers apart, Alex gass can cover a large area, within that area everything will be converted into infected. Im not saying he starts off with an army but sba puts him in a location that can easily be converted into an army. Which reminds me hows he deal with flying/gliding and parkour? Reading over his profile alex may hold a mobility advantage. It sounds like he may struggle to detect the difference between alex and the average citizen as im unsure alex exs would be any different from the average human.

edit that answers my question about flying enemies then, alex and his infected may have a mobility advantage but its something hyde has dealt with before. Still not sure he'd be able to diffiretiate between alex and the average person as Im not sure alex would have a different exs.

Can he deal with alex/the infected running up buildings/running out of his range to set up ambushes?

Do we even allow other citizens to join in this fight? Well he can fight the likes of Merkava who is know to fly a lot, so there is that. Can't really say. Also are they 4km? Because most of Alex's stuff is in the meters of range. So they should be closer. If not then that gives one hell of an unfair advantage for Alex seeing as we apparently are assuming people are present and Alex is kilometers away. I can guarantee Hyde nor anyone in Under Night has that range.

Alex would actually have stronger EXS as he's much stronger than the average human. This is shown with Akatsuki who also doesn't utilize EXS as a weapon.

So exs is connected to strength good to know. Then alex would have a strong presence. The citizens themselves can not join the fight but they are in the city from my understanding. They just never come up as they are usually never relevant and they are barred from interfering with the fight/ie no officers/citizens may take part. Alex converting them into infected from my understanding makes them cease to be citizens.

As for range...This ones hard if we put them to close together alex can and will instantly win by gassing. Said gas covers over two hundred square meters based on it filling penn station. Can hyde deal with mercer at two hundred meters?

Speed equal and close enough for them both to attack, alex attempts to jump away and create distance/gas to make the area more favorable to him. it becomes a matter of which move is faster swinging a sword or releasing a gas

Eh, how things are set up is on Schnee. I don't care to debate here. I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions or answer questions. As for the range, I cannot say as we have no knowledge of how far he has fought. If we only got an animated cutscene of his fight with Hilda...Hilda has a few dozen meters on her file, but that comes from gameplay so I'm not sure...

True Im currently going off sba. So for the moment my stance remains unchanged, alex has a stratgic advantage, the abilty to win in several ways, and if the best range feat is a few dozen meters alex has a range advantage. May have a range advanatage and has a mobility advantage. Add onto that alex brutallity and effeciency and I see alex walking away with the victory 6 or 7 time out of 10.

Back