• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HxH specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide scans of these statements that explicitly note that there's a special function, technique, formula or otherwise unique quality that nullifies emotions? Or anything? Because it seems that you're misunderstanding. This feat isn't accomplished in any special way according to what i've provided here. How it is accomplished is the deciding factor of how it can be replicated by other verses, and currently, how the feat is accomplished is stated by wing to be the simplest shit in the world. It's not about if the feat is replicated in other verses, it's about if the method to defend against the other phenomena is accomplished by other verses. So, are there any statements that explicitly state that Aura nullifies emotions in general (which it clearly isn't true as demonstrated above).

It doesn't nullify emotions and doesn't need to. It blocks the effects of intangible nen that emotions of malice have been projected on attempted to be forced onto you, this isn't complex I agree it's basic. It's explicitly shown multiple times. I'm not misunderstanding anything. The feat is accomplished how I just explained which isn't present in every shounen with aura. It doesn't matter if you think it's simple or how complex it is for the last time. The deciding factor is if the aura has explicitly been shown or stated to be able to block the effects of what I just explained or similar effects and acts as a defense or barrier of some sort. Not just any flimsy aura that isn't shown or stated to act as a defense and is just there to look fancy. If we do accept that we are adding abilities of the aura not present within the verse. Very similar to saying "I'll equalise chakra and reikyoku from bleach and now all chakra attacks cam hit souls". "I'll equalise Nen and Ki and now Ki has an innate defense".

And... Hold on. No character who could manipulate aura at even the basic level could ward off aura tinged in malice unless they demonstrated a similar capability of using... The most basic version of Aura manipulation in HxH that is literally required to use Nen at all— we're talking about Ten. You NEED to use Ten to even start using your Aura at all, worse, if you don't use it, you'll die from exhaustion because all of your aura is leaking out of your body like water from a torn open water container, and you'll die. This is also what Wing said. To even use Nen, you need to use Ten. The MOST basic of the basic fundamentals of Nen. So, your statement doesn't even make sense. If they can "use" aura— which requires your aura nodes to be opened, that means they're either partially awakened and don't even use Ten accurately, meaning they don't even use aura or shroud their aura around them to keep it from burning away in the atmosphere like they should— meaning they're not even real Nen users because they don't know what they're doing (so they don't even count), or they're losing aura fast as it floods from their nodes, and they're going to die unless they learn how to use Ten.

I'm fairly certain that everything about Nen is on the HxH wiki, and I have never read anything in the manga nor on that page that makes anything other than what I showed you explicitly clear. This is how I know you don't have evidence of this, much less of Nen being intangible and able to deep through other anime battle auras...

"In normal conditions, aura leaks away constantly without exceedingly harmful consequences; however, if someone whose Aura Nodes are fully open does not attempt to close them or control the flow of their aura, they will soon grow so fatigued they will be unable to stand[8] or even lose consciousness.[9] Grave wounds such as mutilations can disrupt the flow of aura in the affected body part and even stop it altogether.[10] Controlling one's Aura Nodes is the first step to becoming a Nen user."

The wiki sites Wing's explanation of aura in chapter 46 or something. Everything here is valid.

So apparently, even the partially awakened users of Nen need to use Ten and control their aura flow.

"A state of half-awakening exists in which an individual may be able to control their aura to a certain degree and release a larger amount than a normal person, but still have some of their Aura Nodes closed, which may result in their being unable to see aura. This state can be found in some victims of Manipulation Nen as well as in the bodyguards of Halkenburg Hui Guo Rou, who reached it through the latter's Guardian Spirit Beast.[7]"

So scratch that. Half awakened people likely use Ten as well. So... Being an Aura user and using Ten are synonymous. You can't not have the capacity to use Ten and use Aura. It's basic.

Dude. I know we're talking about Ten and other aura functions which are relevant. Not sure why you're suddenly restating what's obvious as if I'm talking about some other verse. I never once stated anything saying they don't need to use Ten. Ten is literally the barrier I mentioned. So huge irrelevant strawman.

You've seen the scene with Hisoka and Wing's explanations so that's enough. You want evidense of Nen being intangible? Look at every single use of En in the series. Look for Nobunaga's use of En. Pitou's use. Meruem's use. Etc.

I'm saying many shounen auras don't have the defence to block other auras like nen does, when that mechanic is proven then it can be equalised. Not that shounen aura is tangible and nen isn't so it goes through it.

Then... The way it does the defense against Nen is by having a shroud cover it. There's never been a statement that implies that "intangible Nen" which isn't even mentioned on the Wiki so it likely is something we made up rather than having a statement for, can go through anything, nevermind other battle auras from other verses. It doesn't even go through their own battle auras. So you mentioning "intangibility", which I already explained is, especially in HxH, something that every verse's energy has— including matching the extent of its existence in HxH. But you didn't read. So you don't know that you're just repeating what you're saying.

So you concede the idea that Ten defends against those affects not because it actually targets those affects, but because it stops the aura from reaching you? Because the deciding factor isn't if another aura can block those affects themselves. Not even HxH aura directly blocks those affects. The defense is indirect, a consequence of not letting the aura touch you. So, if you apply critical thinking, that means any verse that can stop the aura from touching you is capable of doing LITERALLY the EXACT same thing that HxH characters do.

I never claimed that Auras that don't do shit and aren't even able to defend against other auras can get the pass. I'm saying the exact opposite. Your bar for this however, clearly isn't "is able to block energy with energy". It's "able to block emotions", which, you already concede, Nen doesn't even do.

Also, I know you don't care enough to read what I say, but we just said that the way the feat is accomplished— nevermind the feat itself— isn't relevant. It's if an aura from x verse can block auras/energies from entering or making contact with you. Which many can.

What you're saying, also, is that we shouldn't Verse Equalize period. Because Every other verse doesn't have Chakra systems to use Genjutsu on and use Gentle Fist on, so none of that can be done. No reason for us to assume all souls are the same in fiction, so Soul Manipulation of other characters from other verses is FAR too speculative to touch!

You make no sense.

You literally said that not all Aura users use Ten. I corrected you.

"is a specific ability that acts as a barrier that simply having the ability to control aura doesn't allow"

In order for you to even begin to SUCK at controlling your aura, you need to be able to use Ten.

Nen is just as intangible as every other energy in fiction is when it's not condensed into an attack, and just as tangible when it's being used offensively. There's nothing there to suggest it's intangibility is even relevant to discuss, much less that it can go through other auras from other verses.

I'm going to ignore the irrelevant shit in your post because you're being an idiot.

It isn't made up. Nen is literally intangible. It not being on a wiki doesn't mean anything. I could easily say it's not stated to be tangible on the wiki now what? I didn't say it can go through anything and that's got nothing to do with what I'm saying. Intangibility is literally irrelevant to my argument unless the other verse has tangible aura.

THEIR OWN AURAS HAVE A DEFENSE WHICH IS WHY THEY DON'T GO THROUGH. OTHER VERSES HAVEN'T DISPLAYED THE DEFENSE WHICH IS THE POINT. IF IT IS DISPLAYED IT CAN BE EQUALISED.

Please learn to read coherently and not repeatedly misunderstand my position. I don't concede anything, that's what I've said since the start. IT ACTS AS A BARRIER which is what you said which I agreed with. So it isn't apart of my points. Another strawman.

List the amount of verses that can do this. You literally listed DB as an example which doesn't do this at all until the ToP where they actually make ki barriers. Also list how many are intangible.

"The defense is indirect" Facepalm The defense is what blocks the other aura. I've said repeatedly any verse that can block intagible aura can be equalised to block nen. Again make a list of verses.

Another strawman. I said verse equalisation doesn't grant abilities that aren't present within the verse.

Again I didn't concede to anything I agreed with them not having direct resistence at the start before even arguing about anything. All in all an actually relevant post I'm surprised. Also maybe I don't make sense when you serverly strawman my arguments I agree.

I'd obviously wait for Edwellken to bring some evidence but I'll address this real quick, any energy is primarily intangible and it can be made tangible in numerous verses.

Also it would be real nice if people actually post scans of their claims instead of making it sound like headcanon.

Yeah but that means nothing unless it interacts and blocks other auras which I haven't seen much of.

Ok, fine.

Here is En.

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0198-011.png

Let me find another case.

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0094-016.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0094-017.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0197-004.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0197-008.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0197-010.png

Hisoka using nen on Gon and Killua without protection.

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0047-005.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0047-009.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0047-010.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0047-011.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0047-012.png

Gon and Killua now with a barrier of defence.

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0048-015.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0048-016.png

https://**********.com/manga/Hunter-X-Hunter/0048-017.png

You posted a scan that shows a way how to expand an aura, which again is pretty ordinary for many characters who use aura. Apart from that you posted scans that show an application of that aura related to sensing and I literally don't know how any of that is related to the discussion at hand.

Which is, one's aura simply blocks another's aura.

"unless it interacts and blocks other auras"

There's nothing extraordinary about one's own energy blocking or countering the energy of another. Like seriously, did you just say that energy cannot interact with energy?

It's obvious what side of the argument I'm on given past arguments. Me contributing farther would be a redundancy.

I was gonna go through page by page. And the first 5 you posted prove nothing about your claims that En can go through other auras. None of them even explicitly state intangibility. Of course, you can walk through it, but that's not proof of shit. Air can be walked through too. Does that mean that any air manipulation can go through Goku's aura because air is intangible? No.

I posted scans of the aura being intangible first of all I didn't mention sensing.

It's not that simple. It's actually a concept within HxH whereas it isn't in other verses. When you use the example of DB the auras don't interact in the same fashion and don't provide a defence. At all. So unless the verse shows it or states it, you cannot assume it.

It is sounding more like

Villain: "I'll use my energy(aura) attack on you."

Hero: "Then I'll block/counter it with my own."

Literally anyone who sees this: "Well that's unimpressive. The hero only needed to have his own energy aura to block/counter the villains."

Some people: "Oh woooowwwww. The hero obviously has very special properties in his aura and only this verse's energy has all those special properties. There is no way someone could have gone past that unavoidable attack without so much special powers."

Like this is very painful to see.

And the ones after those are the Rabbit dude getting Nen Crushed by Pitou, which only proves that Nen DOESN'T defend against emotions properly, because the Rabbit dude's Ten is clearly not enough to protect him from the malice and power, which Wing demonstrates can still be sensed through the Aura. Coupled with the Chimera Ant's innate nature of knowing who is the ruler and superior and their King and having a primal knowledge of what the **** Pitou is— a Royal Guard, you end up proving my point. That Ten doesn't defend against emotions, but the aura making contact with you. Maybe Rabbit dude didn't have Ten active, so even the idea that strong enough Nen users can go through the auras of weaker Nen users— as, if it was with all Nen users in general, Pitou would Nen Crush the king instead of the King Nen Crushing Pouf who should be comparable to Pitou, meaning she would get crushed by his Nen as well. Watch what the Welfin incident did to Pouf. Put him on his knees on some Reiatsu Crush shit.

EmperorRorepme said:
I posted scans of the aura being intangible first of all I didn't mention sensing.
It's not that simple. It's actually a concept within HxH whereas it isn't in other verses. When you use the example of DB the auras don't interact in the same fashion and don't provide a defence. At all. So unless the verse shows it or states it, you cannot assume it.
Aura being intangible? I already said energy is primarily intangible. Every aura user can breathe even after enveloping himself completely in energy because it isn't tangible.

And what defense are you even talking about? There is NO SPECIAL DEFENSE at play here. Energy interacting with energy is not defense at all.

It is literally like saying ki has special defenses because a ki energy attack can block another ki energy attack.

It's intangible in the sense it can go through solid rock and such.

It's the villian using an aura that has certain effects and the hero needed to have an aura with defensive nature to block those effects. Aura in general isn't used in this way it's just seen as something flashy. Two auras don't interact like this, if you have examples, list them. I agree, it is painful that you cannot understand this.

The one after that? Nothing.

The 4 after that, nothing. It's literally just them talking.

And the last bit literally is what I showed you. In fact, the imagery itself, if you don't know any better, implies the energies are tangible to each other the way Hisoka's aura blows around theirs.

You proved NOTHING.

There is no special defensive nature besides it being nothing more than a cloak of energy to stop the energy from touching your body. That's not special. Or rare. Or even remarkable. There's no special formula to it. It's anime energy sunscreen. I... Wtf.

Now you literally said energy doesn't interact/block another's energy. Like what even?

That's idiotic, ignoring multiple scans where the context proves En is intangible. Then saying intangible things cannot have tangible effects, in ******* manga. Do I need to display why that's bullshit?

No, dude. Can YOU read? You didn't post anything that supported your claims. You gave us free Manga scans. Just go away.

EmperorRorepme said:
Just aura doesn't generally act as a barrier against other auras. Can you not read?
Aura is nothing but energy enveloping one's body. When you say aura can't interact/block/counter another aura, you're basically saying energy can't interact/block/counter another energy.

We never even said that En wasn't intangible, or that Nen is always tangible no matter what. It's that it doesn't mean it can go through other auras. If that isn't your claim, which it obviously is, then you bringing up it being intangible is pointless. Almost every energy is intangible and tangible at the same times as Nen is. Wtf??

Ok but can you show me examples of aura in anime/manga intetacting in the same way as HxH or even similar? Because it generally doesn't block other energy it's just there as something fancy. Just look at DB before they even created proper ki barriers in ToP. The aura doesn't block or interact with anything. So that logic doesn't apply half the time.

I'm talking about AURA specifically. That glow around many shounen characters. Yeah does nothing. Until they actually use ki or whatever to form proper barriers it doesn't act like one in the slightest.

EmperorRorepme said:
The aura doesn't block or interact with anything. So that logic doesn't apply half the time.
Uhh yeah it does. You brought up a point from the ToP but you completely missed out the moment when "that flashy glow" around Goku stopped energy attacks from Caulifla and Kale.

Goku as SS3 literally blew away two attacks from Kale and Caulifla. Naruto vs Neji, Rotation vs Nine Tails Chakra. Reiryoku works similar— it LITERALLY generates pressure that you use to hit someone else's energy. Yu Yu Hakusho, a Verse penned by the same dude who made HxH, does this.

The only verse that doesn't follow the requirements to my knowledge is Jojo's. Their aura is just for show... I think.

Look it up. You did good lookin up those Manga scans, so you know how to use google.

Not seen Goku's ki aura do anything so you're gonna have to get a vid. Reiryoku, sure I've seen those effects. Not sure how chakra is intangible. The Cloaks are literal tangible barriers and Rotation is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back