• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HwG-Bracket Round 8 (Yumiya Rakko vs Dr. Clef)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Rakko vs Dr. Clef

Speed Equal
SBA otherwise

Dr. Clef: 0
Rakko: 5
Incon: 0

pKFTNSA.jpg
vs
Yq5tJSN.jpg

Last edited:
This is gonna be a really close fight, as their range is approximately the same.
I guess Rakko can maybe catch Clef off-guard since she carries no visible weapon that would prompt him to take cover.

Aside from that, if the match doesn't end after a few shots, Rakko will likely go for assassination tactics. She would probably find a crowded place and blend in, in order to shoot Clef when he loses sight of her. Due to her tracking technique, she has a bit of an advantage in that scenario.

Bruh...power null through spatial manip, existence erasure further power null while the other subjective reality, quantum manipulation...

How does Yumiya power works cause on the profile it doesn't say

At the same time, idk how to take on Dr. Cleff like how he fights/first moves

Really baffled by this fight.

Bruh...power null through spatial manip, existence erasure further power null while the other subjective reality, quantum manipulation...

How does Yumiya power works cause on the profile it doesn't say

At the same time, idk how to take on Dr. Cleff like how he fights/first moves

Really baffled by this fight.
While Rakko is an esper, her esper ability is unknown. The subjective reality and quantum manipulation stuff is just what "is an esper" translates to in ToAru. They are mere technicalities.
Basically, Clef's spatial manip and EE only work on Rakko's ability. The very ability Rakko doesn't use anyways. So it really doesn't factor into the fight for either of them.

Battle #: SBA-Clef

Fighting method: if up close shotgun if not tries to sneak up on her and shoot.

Description: this is a bad joke.

Addendum: is her powers Psychic?

Sneaking up on the girl with the super nose will be difficult.

She is a Level 0, i.e. while she technically has a supernatural power it is so minuscule that you would need specialized scientific equipment to even tell that it is there. So none of her relevant powers are psychic. Those that are psychic are inherently irrelevant.

I think his experience, fear hax, stamina and skill gives him the edge with getting the killing shot.

Rakko also has quite some experience, though. She isn't unskilled either.
And I don't think the fear hax of his 'slimy personality' can really come into play. On one hand, because Rakko is a professional that won't miss her target due to something like that, and on the other because Clef doesn't have much of a chance to show of his personality when showing his face earns him in a bullet.

That would immediately give away his position, though. Not a good move. (Then again, I suppose his smell gives his position away anyways)
And Rakko is on a range, so I don't imagine recoiling is going to do much more than maybe increase the range by a step or two.

I'm not sure if recoiling would ruin her shot. Again, she is a professional.
And yeah, she can't shoot him through a tree. Then again, I think both would try to sneak up on the other to assassinate them. So I don't think a straight fight like that would necessarily even happen.

Ok clef gets killed because Sniper either uses SBA to get sneak on him or snipe or he gets shot off the bat do to range difference.

In a straight shootout they seem relatively even, and outside of that Rakko’s senses and stealth seem to give her the edge, so I’ll vote for her.

Sounds like 5 for Rakko then. (including myself)

Next match coming soon.

Back