• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HwG-Bracket Round 6 (Rocket vs Sherlock Holmes)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Rocket vs Sherlock

Speed Equal
SBA otherwise

Can Monke's primitive instincts surpass the genius' intellect?

Rocket: 5 (Lou_change, Psychomaster35, Blahblah9755, Zaratthustra, DontTalkDT)
Sherlock: 0
Incon: 0

Last edited:
Rocket likely has superior physical statistics while Sherlock has better fighting skills and intelligence. Rocket also seems to have a fire weapon while Sherlock doesn't have one. Guess the range is also for monkey. Don't know how good the Analytical Prediction (combat applicable for Holmes) or how good Sherlock is versus someone with a fire weapon but till any argument is given I say the Rocket take it.

Sherlock’s analytical prediction is good enough to perfectly predict every action in a hand to hand fight. In a group confrontation, he was also able to accurately predict which of a group of hired guns would be in the front when they attacked several minutes later, and that that one wouldn’t shoot his gun until the necessary moment, despite he and the being in a fire fight with John Watson. He’s been in several fights against opponents with firearms, and usually wins through a mix of cover, use of the environment, aim dodging/prediction, social influencing, and sometimes prep.
However, Sherlock’s not familiar with modern firearms, so I expect he’d be caught off guard by the range and rate of fire possible from something handheld. If he can make use of that and kill or grievously injure Sherlock with his first few shots, then Rocket probably wins.

This is happening in central park, so Sherlock could use a forest area where the guns range and firing rate isn't as huge of an advantage.
Then again the surprise factor of the advances guns shouldn't be underestiated.

Difficult.

I just thought it would be fun to throw to monkeys into the tournament. But I'll try I don't think Holmes ever dealt with something like this and I think the monkey is bloodlusted towards humans so rocket goes trigger happy with the submachine guns.

By him getting trigger happy, does that mean Rocket would start shooting if he saw Holmes, even if he didn’t have a good shot?

In that case, I think Sherlock might have better odds here, since that will give away the surprise factor of the more advanced weapons. In which case, as DT mentioned, areas with high cover like the forest could be used to mitigate the advantages of modern weaponry and approach with stealth and if he gets close enough outskill and/or steal a gun.

I guess before voting I should check, how good are Rocket’s enhanced senses?

For sure and I suppose a monkey with a gun is one of those things that tend to surprise people.
Oh well, I'm also voting for monke then. 2 votes remaining.
I think I will already move on with the tournament, though. So expect the next match soon.

Back