• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Speed Scaling

Concerning the character's pages, why are they Hypersonic+ - High Hypersonic+? A lot of the justification is either 1 or most of these:

Flimsy: Chrollo reacting to an attack lasting 0.2 seconds or Uvogin reacting to Chain Jail which takes effect in 0.5 seconds which would be normal human reaction speed. Gon can outrun horses.

Roundabout: Zeno is said to have kept up with Chrollo but Chrollo's justification is that he kept up with Zeno. Phinks is High Hypersonic+ for blitzing Killua but Killua is hypersonic+ for somewhat keeping up with Phinks. Knuckle scales to Youpi for blitzing him when he was stunned and Youpi is scaled for blitzing Knuckle.

Uncalced feats: Phinks blitzing numerous people and snapping their necks, Killua reacting to a bullet from 52cm away, Machi reattaching Hisoka's bones and veins in seconds etc

The calced feats I've found are Gon's Jajanken launching a chimera ant at hypersonic speeds and Pitou moving at Mach 83-262. How does Gon's feat scale to his combat speed though? You could say it's scaling to Razor I guess but Greed Island arc Gon shouldn't scale to Chimera Ant arc Gon. Further more was the calc ever accepted by staff?

Why does Pitou's calc assume the highest value? Shaiapouf and Youpi have pretty flimsy justifications (Shaiapouf is casually dodged Dragon Dive but Zeno's speed justification is questionable and Youpi is scaling from Knuckle who is High Hypersonic+ due to blitzing a weaker version of Gon than the one who launched the chimera ant at hypersonic speed, Youpi and Cheetu who just has uncalced feats and is scaled from Knuckle and Morel (who is also scaled from Knuckle) so it isn't like MHS speed is consistent for the RG.

This is another massive problem with the profiles, and hopefully we can fix it after we sort out the tiering for the characters. The fact of the matter is that HxH just... doesn't have much calcs going for it, so we're forced to use scaling, even if it's circular. There's a lot of good speed feats that were never calced/evaluated.

Yes. Youpi's calc might've been finished but it still needs to be evaluated AND we also have Killua's Bombardier Ant calc to redo and evaluate plus Meruem's 7-A feat and the 50 Megaton Rose Bomb feat evaluated (although the last 2 seems likely to be accepted already)

I've never made a calc before but I tried calcing Killua's feat where he dodged Ikalgo's sniper shot and if we assume the flea travels as fast as the Barrett M82 (853 m/s) then the feat would be like 402 m/s or slightly above Supersonic.

So that justification should probably be removed until somebody more experienced calcs it, because as far as I can see it's not even an impressive feat.

I also agree that a lot of the scaling the profiles currently use seems pretty redundant and circular, the Knuckle one is pretty bad.

Supersonic wouldn't be out of the question hoenstly (but feels kinda low) since Killua doesn't have much else besides being faster than the eye can see in earlier arcs.

You know anything about the calcs from Narutoforum?

Pretty much all the profiles have very bad reasoning in them.

HxH was never really known for crazy speed feats other than the ones from Netero and Meruem so I'm not bothered by potentially downgrading from MHS to HHS or Supersonic.

Some speed feats from NarutoForum, done by ChaosTheory123.

I definitely don't think they should be downgraded to Supersonic. I think they're much faster than that, it's just that one calc of him dodging Ikalgo's flea but as I said, I've never calced anything before so it's probably wrong. I do agree though that there aren't many speed feats in HxH so there isn't really a lot to work with when it comes to scaling.

Purgy said:
I definitely don't think they should be downgraded to Supersonic. I think they're much faster than that, it's just that one calc of him dodging Ikalgo's flea but as I said, I've never calced anything before so it's probably wrong. I do agree though that there aren't many speed feats in HxH so there isn't really a lot to work with when it comes to scaling.
SuperSonic GG. There's nothing connecting them to be higher than that, lol.

Back