• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Oloserian

I don't think we use databook stats for scaling. But best to get a second opinion.

@Shrek

If the clones are made from splitting up his own body you'd think he would be weakened when there sepperated from his main body.

Ant rarely gets involved in versus and F&G discussions.

Besides Hagane, you need to really work on the quality of the threads you make.

I moved the linked thread to the fun & games forum.

Can somebody summarise which, if any, characters that should get some form of 7-C ratings, and why?

Also, were all of the relevant profiles updated to 8-A?

I didn't know there was content revision going on for HxH. I need to dwell in this glory.

One thing for certain is beside databooks not being the first source for scaling. Does this say the same for movies too or they are considered non-factor in general?

But the biggest factor is possible to speed cal Netero's Zero Hand to lightspeed or Sub-Relativistic? I mean in the manga it is notified that aura was focused and released a blast of light as blinding as a star. In the anime it is said that his aura was transformed into light as blinding as a star. I mean Netero's Zero Hand seems to follow the blueshifting analogy when using the anime as a base for guide watching how the color are shifting from red to blue.

Manga View Chapter 297.

Zero part 1
Zero part 2
Zerp part 3

Zero only gif
Anime View Episode 126

The official translation for Hunter x Hunter uses this as the term for when Netero uses his Zero Hand.

@Damage3245

Is that translation straight from the official Manga panel because majority of the translation still state the terms "Star" and "Light" this is my first time ever viewing "Star" and "Flare".

Antvasima said:
Can somebody summarise which, if any, characters that should get some form of 7-C ratings, and why?

Also, were all of the relevant profiles updated to 8-A?

I beleive all of the relevant characters were buffed to 8-A, yes.

The current 7-C ratings are fine as far as I can tell.

Okay. Although it is probably best if we wait for more replies before we close this thread.

@J-Man

I am not sure. Just because his en travelled that fast does not mean that he does.

Btw: Does anybody remember how Meruem was eventually killed?

Maybe? May actually be wrong but the text may be talking about him moving as "fast as light" happened on the panel he moved maybe a kilometer and blitzed knuckle and meruem does explicitly have actual photon based light man.

May be wrong though hence asking.

Gonna find the anime one. May do a decent job clarifying.

Yeah he got overpowered and defeated via plot man. Always remember the king. He honestly best hxh character after hisoka on the other hand.

@J-Man He has it listed as teleportation on his page and the HxH wiki though I'm not sure personally. I don't recall if it was explicitly stated in the manga or not, but assume it'd be listed as such for a reason.

Played off as a a feat of velocity.

>However it is unclear whether it is really a part of this ability, or that Meruem simply catches up by covering extraordinary distances instantly with his immense physical strength.

Hxh fandom wiki only had teleportation as a hypothetical.

He doesn't need to move ftl to blitz Knuckle though. It'd also be inconsistent with how long it took him to return to the palace after his fight with Netero.

I'm even less sure about teleportation too now.

Yeah but he did as the quote mentioned "as fast as a flash of LIGHT.".

He flew and had not used nen man. Meruem had photon ability and nen after he flew back and learned.

"At the speed of a flash of light" is referring to his En.

You're right about that second point though.

Would debate that. Pointing out any kind of form of movement or velocity or speed despite being directly followed and within preparation of him moving and blitzing an opponent kinda point on the other hand him moving. My opinion man though only.

Despite the series being on hiatus, i think that is too early for the series God Tiers being FTL so it is better to treat this feat the same as the early Dragon Ball, not Z Budokai FTL feat. If another speed feat of this range happens then i will not disapprove.

By following the Shonen route, i fear that in the final arc [i will be old when it happens] the final foe will be likely be much greater foe than Post-Bomb Meruem and the protagonists or other characters will likely reach that level, i know for now is speculation but it could happen.

I agree with J-Man. If the feat is accepted as ftl it would literally only apply to Meruem due to his ability to transmute his Nen into photons.

Ya have a point but as of what now happened within hxh the feat outright just happen and would only happen for meruem the god tier and no contradiction exist for the feat within question and just because yeah maybe it would be contradicted except as of now the feat not an outlier hence applicable.

Although the feat may be different and open for opinion on what happened.

It seems like a too vague feat to scale from, given how much higher it would be than anything else shown in the series.

Yeah but meruem the god tier and only meruem would have the rating as he did not get hit or anything.

Excluding the potential ftl move from netero.

Yes but it is both vague and a possible outlier in combination.

We should probably drop the subject and focus on if the profiles are currently accurately scaled, so we can finally close this thread.

Agree with Ant. Netero and Meruem speed feats are too high for the series, currenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back