• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only made it to episode 104 of the anime as of now, so cut me some slack if I do not know some things. But I've noticed some problems regarding some of the scaling, and the pages themselves. If I'm wrong on some things, please correct me.

First off, many of the pages are severely lacking in justifications. Greed Island Arc Gon is 8-C based on.... nothing.

Killua and Karapika are 8-B in base based on very little. I highly doubt that Killua was 8-B through all the arc preceding Chimera Ant. Especially since he's been stomped by Phantom Troupe 8-B's, and his Brother's mere pressence scared him off.

Chimera Arc Gon is 8-B based on his Jajanken rock attack. However, this has been shown multiple times to be vastly stronger than his standard melee attacks, and requires a bit of a windup.

I'd also like it if someone can tell me exactly how far into 8-B the characters actually are. Because I couldn't find anything in the relevant NarutoFourms links.

Thoughts? If anyone else has noticed problems that should be solved, please post them below.

I would also like to see the HXH pages improved considerably.

I will highlight this thread, so we might get more help.

I've watched the show and can help with feats if you'd like.

Okay. That would be very appreciated, although we can only use anime feats from scenes that played out the same way as in the original manga.

Killua's 8-B for tanking a attack while his aura has inactive, and his base stat shouldn't have increased that much, also if I remember correcly there was a 8-C calc for Gon destroying a rock with his Jajaken: Rock

Is anyone on this site especially knowledgeable in the Manga? Since that's where most of the feats come from.

But Gon being 8C via JaJanken makes no sense. It is basically his special move and needs a good bit of windup. That being his Tier would make few sense.

Uvogin has a City Block level AP feat at 35 tons, Killua has a CB level Durability feat at 12 tons, and I have no Idea about the 8-C Gon.

As far as the rest of this is concerned I've actually been meaning to bring this up for awhile.

Gon's JJK Rock is definitely far stronger than his normal attacks as it requires charge up time, but probably varies in power to extent. for his keys I would suggest something along the likes of this

8-C (or whatever we decide) physically, at least 8-B with fully charged JJK Rock (It was said to be on the same level as an attack from Razor, and later one-shot Knuckle) | 8-B physically (Should be comparable to Base CA arc Killua), likely much higher with JJK Rock (Would have killed Morel)

Key: Greed Island arc /NGL arc | Palace Invasion arc

For Killua I would suggest he would have the same keys as Gon minus JJK and instead of Adult Form he gets to keep his Godspeed key. For Kurapika he should have a Hunter Exam arc and a Zoldyck arc that match Gon and Killua's

Just a reminder that all statistics should preferably scale from calculations.

I'm just giving numbers from the old revision. The NarutoForum calcs should be linked on Killua and Uvo's pages if anyone more knowledgeable of calcs wants to examine them.

I do not think so, of course I may be mistaken, but darts move at high speeds, and these especially only "begin to exist" when they touch the opponent's skin, Killua would have to move in the time the dart took to go heated millimeters of skin. That's what I remember, but I may be forgetting something.

Ah, I underestimated that then. A similar kind of feat occured in Minecraft. Darts are slower than arrows, and dodging an arrow from less than a milimeter away is massively hypersonic. I'm guessing this would probably yield a result in the higher end of High Hypersonic+, to possibly low end Massively Hypersonic

It does not seem like we are making any progress with improving the pages. Perhaps I should remove the highlight to this thread?

Indeed it was Killua when he fought one of those 3 crippled rookie crushers in the Heavens arena(The huge tower where u fight for money)

I think it's false, I remember awhile ago Uvo's feat was labeled as 8-A even though the feat in question yielded 8-B results.

Damn. There goes my hopes and dreams for Hunter x Hunter matchups.

But here's the thing with the 8-B feats. I'm pretty sure they were all done by a character focousing, and using much of their aura with such an attack. Their normal melee attacks are considerably weaker.

I'm pretty sure I saw a revised edition with Vaporization values added that got barely above baseline 8-A results.

Though... Due to complications I can't exactly get my hands on it.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Damn. There goes my hopes and dreams for Hunter x Hunter matchups.

But here's the thing with the 8-B feats. I'm pretty sure they were all done by a character focousing, and using much of their aura with such an attack. Their normal melee attacks are considerably weaker.
That may be the case for Uvo but Killua has a durability feat not much lower that was done off guard.

DMUA said:
I'm pretty sure I saw a revised edition with Vaporization values added that got barely above baseline 8-A results.
Though... Due to complications I can't exactly get my hands on it.
Tbh I'd prefer it if it was redone here. NarutoFourms gives me a headache.

@Super

So then this could be a case of 8-B normally, Higher with (Insert Attack here)

This thread still does not seem to lead to any practical improvements of the relevant pages in question.

I was hoping that those more knowledgeable in the verse, and more experienced in editing can handle it. As I pointed out in the OP, the pages aren't the only issues.

You can unhilight the thread, it won't really make much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back