• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Overhaul (Scaling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why're you using a massive lowball when it was before the full .96s timeframe
Oh, I wonder! Even with such a massive low-ball, we got a similar result!! How!?!?!

Dropping the pretentious act, this was made so the opposing side can see how irrelevant it would be to oppose the Mach 459 result, as it's obviously plausible.

Can't literally all of this be confirmed by the anime?

I mean obviously manga is the main canon and takes precedence and the anime shouldn't be used if it doesn't need to be, but if you're arguing over motion specifics and the anime has a faithful adaption of that very scene, why the **** not just check that?

MHS Netero is based as **** tho ngl.

Can't literally all of this be confirmed by the anime?

I mean obviously manga is the main canon and takes precedence and the anime shouldn't be used if it doesn't need to be, but if you're arguing over motion specifics and the anime has a faithful adaption of that very scene, why the **** not just check that?

MHS Netero is based as **** tho ngl.
We already got a result without scaling Netero to the motion of the Dragons, and it's hardly the same. So yeah, MHS Netero, yuuuh!

But to answer your question, while the Anime is superior and I wish it was the main canon, as a 1-for-1 adaptation... it kinda changes some action scenes considerably.

Well, yeah, we can't use it for things it changed, manga is obviously the main canon and takes precedence. But in a situation where the anime adapts a scene nearly, if not entirely, 1:1, and we need some confirmation on something, it should be fine to check out.

Like for example, Meruem blowing up the hill, it's the same in both anime and manga, the anime just helps clarify some things regarding it, minor stuff like that should be fine.

Well, yeah, we can't use it for things it changed, manga is obviously the main canon and takes precedence. But in a situation where the anime adapts a scene nearly, if not entirely, 1:1, and we need some confirmation on something, it should be fine to check out.

Like for example, Meruem blowing up the hill, it's the same in both anime and manga, the anime just helps clarify some things regarding it, minor stuff like that should be fine.
You're right on that. It wouldn't hurt to take the last frame and scale it to the hill. But this would have to be discussed in another thread.

Here's a rough tier list I've been meaning to write up about to see who can scale where.

I'll use Hisokas point system as a starting point, some would be apprehensive in using it but Hisokas whole character is fighting strong opponents, he is one of the better sources of information regarding who stands where in the series.

Hisoka rates the following 4 characters as so:

Illumi: 95
Ginta: 90
Kanzai: 85
Piyon: 77

He also ranks a bunch of random Hunters with very low numbers not worth mentioning, which he finds unimpressive.

Piyon and Kanzais numbers he also more or less shrugged off, stating that despite them being Zodiacs (which I'll get to in a bit) he is disappointed they are that low.

Ginta gave him a much more favorable expression, smiling at his potential strength. It wasn't until Illumi came in that he pretty much forgot all about the Hunters and focused his attention solely on him, however. This implies that his numbers are possibly exponential, since despite a 5 point difference, Hisoka completely forgot about the other Hunters in favor of Illumis potential strength, who throughout the series is portrayed as a peer of Hisoka if not an equal of his.

Going by this, our foundation is laid out as such:

Hisoka~Illumi>Ginta>Kanzai>Piyon>Non Zodiac Hunters.

As I mentioned briefly, the 3 Hunters Hisoka has seen are the Zodiacs, who in the series are the 12 strongest Hunters in the Hunter Association, each one hand picked by Netero, one of the strongest characters in the series, to be a member and a sparring partner should the need arise. It's also stated by Botobai that the Zodiacs are stronger than Morel and Knov, 2 Hunters that accompanied Netero during the Chimera ant arc, cementing all 12 as above that duo. Hisoka and Illumi being capable of hanging with some of the strongest in the series also somewhat cements the hype they've had throughout HxH.

Hisoka~Illumi>Ginta>Kanzai>Piyon>Morel~Knov

Morel and Knov are more or less implied to be equals such as when Netero lied to the two that he was as strong as them during the Chimera ant arc. They are also stated to be quite strong by Killua from the beginning of the Chimera Ant arc, and although not as strong as he was later on, still isn't anything to sneeze at.

While Morel and Knov are strong fighters with tons of experience, they are meant to be support roles rather than handling direct confrontations as stated by Morel in the Hunter Association arc, so they most likely wouldn't be in their element in a 1v1 fight, unlike the Zodiacs who are all sparring partners for Netero whilst Hisoka and Illumi have abilities and physicals more suited for one on one confrontations.

We are then introduced to Morel and Knovs students, Knuckle and Shoot, both of which have great physical feats and crafty Hatsus, Knuckle calling Gon a "Mid Pro Hunter" on terms of combat abilities gives us an idea how strong everyone is on a general sense. Since they are students with no hype indicating they are near their masters levels, it's safe to assume they are below the master duo.

Hisoka~Illumi>Ginta>Kanzai>Piyon>Morel=Knov>Knuckle=Shoot.

We also have Kite, who calls himself a high level Hunter. Gon and Killua were always praising his strength and considered him in general a strong Hunter. Later, Gon states Knuckle and Kite are equals in physical power, however just like his master, Knuckles Hatsu is more unorthodox then Kites, which is a very direct combative Hatsu and clearly very destructive depending on the number such as the Scythe. Hatsus as we've seen in the series definitely allow one to hit beyond their weight class, so while Kite is equal to Knuckle and Shoot, thanks to his Hatsu one can put Kite solidly above those two, against Morel and Knov the waters are a bit murkier, but we know Neferpitou, one of the Royal Guards and one of the strongest characters in the series, found fighting Kite thrilling and had a similar expression in regards to Morels strength later on, so Kite might be capable of hanging with Neteros drinking buddies.

Hisoka~Illumi>Ginta>Kanzai>Piyon>Morel=Knov>=Kite~Knuckle=Shoot.

Now, we come to the Ryodan. Hisoka hangs out with the Ryodan for 2 reasons, the first being they are all very strong potential opponents that Hisoka hopes to kill all one day, and 2 and the much bigger reason being Chrollo, one of the strongest characters of the Franchise. Many people believe Hisoka rates himself as a 100 in the point system he has made, but I disagree. Hisoka uses that rating as who he wants to fight the most whilst he considers himself as the absolute strongest person ever, he most likely considers himself as being off the charts. Chrollo on the other hand is the likeliest candidate of being a 100 in Hisokas point system, and while that is entirely speculation, I feel it is educated enough to make sense.

Chrollo is clearly a monster, as we've seen him take on 2 bloodlusted Zoldycks whilst he himself was holding back, Zeno stated to Silva one of them will have to die while Silva said to himself there is a possibility BOTH will have to die to take him out. Not only that, but despite knowing Uvogins power, who in physical stats is the strongest Ryodan member, including Uvos Hatsu and knowing Kurapika killed Uvogin, Hisoka is still dead set on Chrollo being his number 1 target. While I mentioned the possibility that Hisoka wouldn't rate himself on the list for considering himself as the strongest, too much of the series implies Hisoka is an equal to Illumi with maybe a hint of superiority, and Chrollo taking on 2 Zoldycks who are also implied to be superior to Illumi makes one to believe Chrollo is above Hisoka.

While Chrollo has tons of prep to kill off Hisoka, he only did so because he simply wanted a 100% success rate in killing him + he wanted to end him "with style" indicating he wasn't using the most destructive abilities within his book but rather ones that not only hard countered Hisoka but also takes him down in a satisfying conclusion. This isn't to say Chrollo would completely dominate Hisoka in a one on one, but he would have a much more easier time than one would imagine.

Chrollo>Silva>Zeno>Hisoka~Illumi>Ginta>Kanzai>Piyon>Morel=Knov>=Kite>=Knuckle=Shoot.

Some might disagree with Silva>Zeno, but the reason why I have him above his father is one simple reason. We know when Killua grows up that he will become the Head of the Zoldyck family for simply becoming the strongest. Unless there is more information we are unaware of, there is no reason to assume Silva was an exception to that line of thinking. Being the Head=Strongest Zoldyck.

I also want to mention Zenos answer to Chrollos question. While he claims in a one on one fight that he will always win against a holding back Chrollo, that information seems contradictory to the earlier statements and the fight itself. The only way to really reconcile what Zeno said with his earlier clain of having to sacrifice himself for Silva to kill Chrollo and Zeno is that Zeno believes that despite resulting in his own death that a double suicide would still be considered a victory in a hypothetical fight between him and Chrollo.

I also want to mention that Illumi out to kill the ten Dons is never said to be an indication that Silva and Zeno were holding back, this is a misinterpretation within the fanbase that doesn't have anything to back up that gets tossed around a lot, so I just wanted to mention this.

All in all, Chrollo is a very powerful member and the strongest member of the Ryodan when factoring abilities and not just raw power.

I won't go too much into the rest of the Ryodan, simply I will reiterate that Hisoka hanging with them all and later being seen as "toys" for him to "play" (fight) with shows how strong they are within the narrative. Where exactly they fit is impossible to pin point at this moment, but they most likely vary, with the likes of Chrollo and Hisoka being a possible match for some of the stronger Zodiac members while the weaker Ryodan are below Knuckle and Shoot.

I'll continue this some other time.

We also have Kite, who calls himself a high level Hunter. Gon and Killua were always praising his strength and considered him in general a strong Hunter. Later, Gon states Knuckle and Kite are equals in physical power, however just like his master, Knuckles Hatsu is more unorthodox then Kites, which is a very direct combative Hatsu and clearly very destructive depending on the number such as the Scythe. Hatsus as we've seen in the series definitely allow one to hit beyond their weight class, so while Kite is equal to Knuckle and Shoot, thanks to his Hatsu one can put Kite solidly above those two, against Morel and Knov the waters are a bit murkier, but we know Neferpitou, one of the Royal Guards and one of the strongest characters in the series, found fighting Kite thrilling and had a similar expression in regards to Morels strength later on, so Kite might be capable of hanging with Neteros drinking buddies.
Casually implies that Knuckle is capable of harming Pitou the way Kite did.

Nah, Gon is clearly ignorant here. Kite could harm Pitou, something not even an attack from Netero's Buddha could.

Also, Hisoka potential measurements are what I would call "bullshit unless proven correct", he has no way of knowing that, otherwise he would've never acted like Netero was a random old geezer back during the first arc.

Yes it is.

They weren't capable of sense Pitou in time, correct. Therefore 0.08s for these superhuman reaction characters is a perfectly plausible low end.

Redundant "Same panel = Same timeframe" reply, this is just boring... I might stop replying.

Penetration is utterly irrelevant, this is not what the calc proposes at all. Also, I am not cussing at you, so you shouldn't really say anything.

This is unrelated to the point. When the Dragon split, the timer began, and it was the same height as the tip of the upper tower by the time it reached 0.96s. The Dragon has a calculable speed either way.

They couldn't in time, I am saying they have the capability of sensing presences, especially one as apparent as Pitou's. Yet, they couldn't sense nor react to her approach at any point. 0.08s acts as a low ball because their actual reaction is far faster.

You seem to mistake the use of strong words ("*******") as verbal aggression. No, none of them were directed to you at any point, but I am still allowed to express myself in any way I wish as long as I don't attack you with swears.
The dragon split up to become the dragon dives. They are portrayed to not be the same speed. And kite did react to it so thats not plausible. And this is not same timeframe the panels describe a time flow. Only information we have is killua starts using electricity and killua has pointed down his finger while electricity is shot at his enemy

On top of that I have found some other flaws in the calc. First of all the sizes are too much. The dome is supposed to be 100 meters? We can literally see pitou in comparison to it and it's much much less than that. Also we see it hit pitou's en which is stated to have a radius of 2km so why not use that as reference. Also the timeframe is pretty weird too. The dragons split before the invasion started so the timeframe of 0.96 is also a bit too low(only by a really short timeframe). I am ok with the method you used tho

I am really not feeling up to discussing the Netero topic any longer. I'll just use math to get a lower result.

Here is the chapter in it's full glory. The timeframe appear at the very end of it, therefore we absolutely cannot use anything further than it.

v0Q8Gd0.png

Netero: 1.72m (Average)/477px

Za Forehead: 53px = (53/477)*1.72 = 19.1111111111cm

Ix8MxQN.png

Panel: 1031px

Ze Forehead (again): 54px/19.1111cm

2atan(tan(70/2)×(54/1031))

4,2006829939026°

Distance to Panel: 260.55m

Palace Dome: 223px/109.69951624395m

2atan(tan(70/2)×(223/1031))

17,224142649879°

Distance to Panel: 362.16m

Netero to Top Dome: 101,61m

Now we subtract this from the distance they started at.

Starting Distance: 3329,4072491454m

Meaning Netero crossed: 3227,7972491454m in >0.96s

BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Speed: 3227,7972491454/0.96 = 3362,288801193125m/s or Mach 9.8!!!!

Wooow!!! So different!!!

Let's look at the new attack speed?

Timeframe: 0,1975304181499/3362,288801193125 = 0,0000587487957845s

Netero's Attack Speed: 8,9661442005632/0,0000587487957845 = 152618,34869692m/s or Mach 445 (Massively Hypersonic)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And this is a massive low end because I use the full 0.96s timeframe, when in fact, it was before it. So we should just stick to the result I proposed.
I just did the calc using a distance of 2km instead of 3.3km (pitou's en) and a timeframe of 1.96 instead of 0.96 since the dragon dive started before the invasion. Since the anime doesn't contradict the manga in this feat and the anime gives a timeframe of 1 second before invasion. The results would be like mach 130

GodlyCharmander seems to make sense to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

Also, thank you for helping out Merchant.

GodlyCharmander seems to make sense to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

Also, thank you for helping out Merchant.
The distance doesn't make sense as the dime is not 100 meters in comparison to pitou and her en is stated to be 2km. His time also doesn't make sense since the dragon dive started one second before the invasion

I just did the calc using a distance of 2km instead of 3.3km (pitou's en) and a timeframe of 1.96 instead of 0.96 since the dragon dive started before the invasion. Since the anime doesn't contradict the manga in this feat and the anime gives a timeframe of 1 second before invasion. The results would be like mach 130
The 2km is the general radius, the diameter would be ~4km, mind you. She was concentrating her entire En in a straight direction and a thin lins, so it's plausible.

The moment the Dragon split, the timer initiated. Netero was at ~3300m when said "go", and was at 100m from the Dome before the 0.96s. This tangent about speed is really irrelevant, the result are near identical.

The 2km is the general radius, the diameter would be ~4km, mind you. She was concentrating her entire En in a straight direction and a thin lins, so it's plausible.

The moment the Dragon split, the timer initiated. Netero was at ~3300m when said "go", and was at 100m from the Dome before the 0.96s. This tangent about speed is really irrelevant, the result are near identical.
1. Her en is 2km yes but we don't know that it would be 4km if she concentrated it in a straight line. I was suggesting discarding the done scaling as we can clearly see the dome is far below 100 meters in comparison to pitou. It would end up with much lower results than my suggested 2km. Also the dragon dive started prior to the start of the timer. The timer started at the gooo but the dragon dive happened in a panel before that. The anime doesn't contradict the feat itself so I suggested using the 1 second prior and adding it to the timeframe. I already calced it and got mach 130(massively hypersonic) netero would scale to this and I guess meruem possibly too

1. Her en is 2km yes but we don't know that it would be 4km if she concentrated it in a straight line. I was suggesting discarding the done scaling as we can clearly see the dome is far below 100 meters in comparison to pitou. It would end up with much lower results than my suggested 2km. Also the dragon dive started prior to the start of the timer. The timer started at the gooo but the dragon dive happened in a panel before that. The anime doesn't contradict the feat itself so I suggested using the 1 second prior and adding it to the timeframe. I already calced it and got mach 130(massively hypersonic) netero would scale to this and I guess meruem possibly too
Why the 1? You only made one point. Her en is 2km in range (Aka, radius), it is 4km in diameter. That's a fact, mate. That's how omnidirectional ranges work.
I won't drop the Dome scaling just because you said so. The sizes are inconsistent the smaller the objects are in comparison to larger ones. If we scale Pitou to the Dome, then the Dome to the palace, the palace will have less than 300m, which is impossible due to being capable of holding nearly all of Pitou's focused En.
The dragon split, then the timer started, it's literally one panel apart, and you're asking me to double the timeframe, and also, Netero got there BEFORE the 0.96s timeframe, so you're just being unreasonable.

Why the 1? You only made one point. Her en is 2km in range (Aka, radius), it is 4km in diameter. That's a fact, mate. That's how omnidirectional ranges work.
I won't drop the Dome scaling just because you said so. The sizes are inconsistent the smaller the objects are in comparison to larger ones. If we scale Pitou to the Dome, then the Dome to the palace, the palace will have less than 300m, which is impossible due to being capable of holding nearly all of Pitou's focused En.
The dragon split, then the timer started, it's literally one panel apart, and you're asking me to double the timeframe, and also, Netero got there BEFORE the 0.96s timeframe, so you're just being unreasonable.
Just stop it. Look I am OK with the distance. We know via her en it's at the very least 2km due to being focused might be more. A distance of 100 meters also makes no sense by scaling the dome to pitou. So I'll give you the 3km distance. But the timeframe is off. We know for a fact the dragon split prior to the start of the timer. It's in the manga and the anime gives 1 second prior. We can only work with that. OK let's say timefrane 1.96 and distance 3200m travelled. It would be Mach 4.7. The results would be half your initial results. So Mach 222. Still massively hypersonic and actually accurate. So who would scale to that

Just stop it. Look I am OK with the distance. We know via her en it's at the very least 2km due to being focused might be more. A distance of 100 meters also makes no sense by scaling the dome to pitou. So I'll give you the 3km distance. But the timeframe is off. We know for a fact the dragon split prior to the start of the timer. It's in the manga and the anime gives 1 second prior. We can only work with that. OK let's say timefrane 1.96 and distance 3200m travelled. It would be Mach 4.7. The results would be half your initial results. So Mach 222. Still massively hypersonic and actually accurate. So who would scale to that
You're being forceful as all hell. Doubling the timeframe because of one panel is absurd. You literally ignored the issues I had with scaling Pitou to the Dome.

I refuse to reply furthermore to this sort of dumb excuse to make the result lower than what it should be.

You're being forceful as all hell. Doubling the timeframe because of one panel is absurd. You literally ignored the issues I had with scaling Pitou to the Dome.

I refuse to reply furthermore to this sort of dumb excuse to make the result lower than what it should be.
What? Bro I even accepted your distance man. You do realize that something being just one panel prior still means in the flow of events it happened earlier by an unknown time. The anime gives that timeframe. It's either 3200m/unknown time or 3200m/1.96 and we know for a fact it happened earlier. Mach 222 is also pretty good isn't it and also mhs. What even is your problem?

I was skimming thru the thread and before I get to anything else I do want to mention that Netero is a character who's aura is extremely difficult to read because how quiet it is, making it extremely difficult to gauge how strong he actually is, so I don't think Netero being equal to Morel and Knov is accurate for example. We know his base even before any training was already above at least Zeno, who appears to be the 2nd strongest member of the palace invasion squad going by his aura clash with Pitou and Pitous excitment in fighting him.

Just to add that Zeno, while Netero always casually bested him, does know about Neteros Hatsu and implies he has fought it. Nothing that really adds to the discussion in terms of their placement, but it does imply that either Zeno might be the minimum level of a fighter thar Netero needs to use his Buddha OR Netero just always uses his buddha for all fights, considering Zeno says he gets womped by Netero every time they fight and how casually Netero smacked Pitou away that might mean something in terms of placements.

What? Bro I even accepted your distance man. You do realize that something being just one panel prior still means in the flow of events it happened earlier by an unknown time. The anime gives that timeframe. It's either 3200m/unknown time or 3200m/1.96 and we know for a fact it happened earlier. Mach 222 is also pretty good isn't it and also mhs. What even is your problem?
You don't seem to understand.

Dragon Dive splits at 3300m from the dome > The Timer starts > It crosses 3200m three panels before the timer hits 0.96s > Timer hits 0.96s

Arbitrarily adding another second is nonsensical.

You don't seem to understand.

Dragon Dive splits at 3300m from the dome > The Timer starts > It crosses 3200m three panels before the timer hits 0.96s > Timer hits 0.96s

Arbitrarily adding another second is nonsensical.
No youre just subtracting that second from the equation and try to justify it by stating that's its less than .96 seconds anyway. This extra second is literally canon. We have it in the anime.

This extra second is literally canon. We have it in the anime.
Oh yeah, because the episode where .96s is translated to 18 minutes and everything is in slow motion can be taken at face value when it comes to timeframe.

Anime absolute canon? Since when?

If we use the anime Uvos Big Bang Impact would be double digit Kilotons, just felt like throwing that out there. Also, Cheetus speed feat would be much faster than what it is.

If we use the anime Uvos Big Bang Impact would be double digit Kilotons, just felt like throwing that out there. Also, Cheetus speed feat would be much faster than what it is.
And Morel's countdown is not present in the Manga, so it makes no sense to treat the Anime's countdown as canon.

The feats in the manga contradict the following hence why they take precedence. However the anime doesn't contradict the manga with the countdown. And yes we actually do have one in the manga but it just stops at like 6. Again it's either using the anime or having an unknown timeframe idk what you prefer

The feats in the manga contradict the following hence why they take precedence. However the anime doesn't contradict the manga with the countdown. And yes we actually do have one in the manga but it just stops at like 6. Again it's either using the anime or having an unknown timeframe idk what you prefer
The Anime is not the main canon. Lack of contradictions doesn't make the Anime automatically usable. If it has an element that is literally not present in the manga, it is not usable.

The fact it has contradictions in its adaptation already hints at its unreliability for things like that. The Anime is only reliable for whatever is implied by the manga, in this "anime second", the Dragon Dive barely moved, while inside the canon .96s, it moved 3200m? What kind of mystic acceleration is that?

A super minor thing but in the Hunter Exams arc when Illumi was disguised he said that the Sniper wielding participant shot at him, it was off screen but Illumi presumably dodged it. Minor speed feat that I reckon more or less everyone scales to.

What are you on about? The attack visibly started before the go. Him announcing it a second later doesn't contradict visual evidence
A second? It was at the very beginning of the .96s timeframe.

You don't wait an entire second and announce the attack in 0.1s, that's a direct contrast to his reaction speed.

The Anime is not the main canon. Lack of contradictions doesn't make the Anime automatically usable. If it has an element that is literally not present in the manga, it is not usable.

The fact it has contradictions in its adaptation already hints at its unreliability for things like that. The Anime is only reliable for whatever is implied by the manga, in this "anime second", the Dragon Dive barely moved, while inside the canon .96s, it moved 3200m? What kind of mystic acceleration is that?
What? So you rather have the time be unknown and the calc worthless than diwnscaling to mach 222? And it's literally just a frame of the dragon dive which tries to be manga accurate. Doesn't mean it mivdd that slow

What? So you rather have the time be unknown and the calc worthless than diwnscaling to mach 222? And it's literally just a frame of the dragon dive which tries to be manga accurate. Doesn't mean it mivdd that slow
The timeframe is not unknown. It started a panel before the 0.96s timer, and it ended 3 entire panels BEFORE it got to 0.96s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back