• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Movie Profiles

I was thinking of making movie profiles but I'd like to clear up a few things. For instance how will we scale them? Though non-canon they do feature characters from the main series and they seem unchanged in their abilities (though their ideologies...they really like portraying Killua in such an emotional and out of character way don't they?). So should we scale movies from the main series or just scale from scratch as to what happens within the movies and possible feats that can be used.

I've heard that movies are kinda trash and not interesting but we have profiles for Naruto movie characters, so why not

The movies are terrible. The plot of the movie are way too cliche for HxH standards. Characters are way out of character. Like Killua literally wanting to be Gon's love interest and almost attempting suicide because he failed Gon one time.

There's also this thing called "On" in one of the movies which is the polar opposite of Nen and it's more powerful counterpart. A shame it wasn't fully fleshed out.

The issue is it completely contradicts the mechanics of Nen and frankly shouldn't even exist.

What was the villains name in Last Mission? Jed? He's probably Low 7-C for being able to fight against younger Netero.

Omokage could also be a pretty powerful character and he should be 8-A. He's like the Patrick Redfield of HxH but the problem is that his puppets are nowhere near as skilled as their real counterparts seeing as how Hisoka easily dispatched 3 of them.

And yes, the movies are complete dogshit. They lack everything that makes HxH so damn good and everyone except Hisoka is out of character.

Even Hisoka in the film doesn't really do much. Killua and Kurapika in their films are so out of character it makes me sick. Leorio does literally nothing. I feel it's just a bunch of fanservice mixed in a bowl.

Jed would be Low 7-C and On is pretty haxed. He has Law Manipulation because he can forcibly bind people in contracts and if they break them, they die. On is pretty much 100% proficiency in every category including Specialization. Also he has bootleg Netero's Hatsu. And I think he can control people. Idk I'm currently going through the movie again to make his profile.

Iirc, that was just for fanservice because fangirls loved to see Gon and Killua being a "couple", despite them being just in extreme bromance.

It's just little references like Killua blushing like an anime girl when Gon tells Biscuit he introduced him to Kite (not his normal bashfulness like full on anime girl) or when Gon and Killua had to hide so they hid behind something depicting Killua to be Gon's girl. Just a bunch of fanservice.

I don't think I'll ever understand any non-canon ship of two characters that just have immense bro/sis relationship

LordUrien935 said:
Omokage could also be a pretty powerful character and he should be 8-A. He's like the Patrick Redfield of HxH but the problem is that his puppets are nowhere near as skilled as their real counterparts seeing as how Hisoka easily dispatched 3 of them.
There's also a character like this in the Last Mission.

SpookyShadow said:
I don't think I'll ever understand any non-canon ship of two characters that just have immense bro/sis relationship
I mean, it's mostly BECASUE they have such a close relationship that said kind of characters get shipped on the first place.

The animation in this film is actually good towards the end. Like the fights are really well animated. The only issue is the loss of Togashi's flair and creativity this is so stale. No character depth. Mediocre backstory and trash motivations. Leaps in logic. Ugh.

I mean, it's mostly BECASUE they have such a close relationship that said kind of characters get shipped on the first place.

In my opinion they don't really understand Gon and Killua's relationship if they ship them as lovers. They only see the surface level to their relationship.

Ionliosite said:
Some very sick people don't understand the difference between deep friendship and love.

Yeah I'm adding that. On messes up with Nen way too much. On is literally Nen with Malice and it doesn't make any sense in that regard.

No, but I don't think we can add keys for separate non-canon things. Just like Soul Calibur profiles are not on original canon pages despite being about the same character

How come? Does he do anything special?

Seems like he erases Jed at the end or something. Not through with the film yet but I'd like to see the context for it. Also he gains On and purifies it with his own Nen.

EmperorRorepme said:
If it's fine to scale from the main series then I'll make them soon.
I was busy irl so it may be later but I agree there

EmperorRorepme said:
I'm also adding On to the Nen page because I don't think there's enough to create a separate page.
It is done already but I say that I am cool on that.

Yeah. Wait, it combat applicable or not because I vague remember it tooks a while?

Back