• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Human level Tournament Round 1, Match 5 (Sophie Grundler vs Wilford Warfstache) (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With prior knowledge Sophie shouldn't hesitate to either use Sleep Powder or the Wanderful Wand for a one-hit win. The sleep powder instantly puts you to sleep forever and the wand drains your stamina, which Wilford has no feats in. Keep in mind that both of those have a decent bit of range, the wand casts kind of a magic aura in front of it when swung and the powder can obviously be thrown and by virtue of being powder it's virtually impossible to avoid if thrown in your general direction.

Wilford can become intangible whenever he wants, and with Precog and Teleportation, dodging The Sleep Powder and the Wanderful Wand shouldn't be problem

Isn't the wand and all of Sophie's other equipment optional though? Unless its specified, she automatically only has standard equipment, which she doesn't have

Eh, she has it in her actual game, I listed it as optional cause she doesn't have it in the sequel where she has a small role. Obviously if she doesn't have it she gets kinda stomped here, I intended for her to have 'em but I should have specified.
Wilford can become intangible whenever he wants, and with Precog and Teleportation, dodging The Sleep Powder and the Wanderful Wand shouldn't be problem
He's a Below Average intelligence cartoony character, you sure he can actually use those abilities in a combat context?

EDIT: His page literally says he doesn't have control over his powers and is really stupid lmao. Precog doesn't even look like it's combat-usable

Last edited:
Eh, I dunno, how do we handle this kinda things? Cause it's only standard equipment in the game where she's a protagonist, but she's got a role in future ones and is even briefly playable again without any of those tools so idk.

He's a Below Average intelligence cartoony character, you sure he can actually use those abilities in a combat context?

EDIT: His page literally says he doesn't have control over his powers and is really stupid lmao. Precog doesn't even look like it's combat-usable
His Intangibility is manually activated, so he at least controls that.

His Intangibility is manually activated, so he at least controls that.
Is it? I didn't see any proof of that but I might have missed it. More damningly his profile also links to him dodging a bunch of gunshots so clearly he doesn't abuse it in-character. Finally since it's not known what kind of intangibility it is it might very well be one of the kinds that wouldn't protect him from a hax move.

Is it? I didn't see any proof of that but I might have missed it. More damningly his profile also links to him dodging a bunch of gunshots so clearly he doesn't abuse it in-character.
The reason Wilford didn't use his powers is because he didn't feel threatened in that situation and had no intention of harming the detective. Things are different here as both combatants are willing to kill as per SBA.

The reason Wilford didn't use his powers is because he didn't feel threatened in that situation and had no intention of harming the detective. Things are different here as both combatants are willing to kill as per SBA.
He's below average in intelligence, what tells us he will feel threatened here? And intangibility is a purely defensive ability so it's not like "he had no intention of harming the detective" means anything here, he had no intention of harming him when he did use it later.

Last edited:
Anyway @GruntsMan889 can Sophie have her optional equipment? I didn't consider she wouldn't have access to it by default and I intended her to be able to use it when submitting her, it's a fairly vital part of her powerset.

cool off pfp btw

Anyway @GruntsMan889 can Sophie have her optional equipment? I didn't consider she wouldn't have access to it by default and I intended her to be able to use it when submitting her, it's a fairly vital part of her powerset.

cool off pfp btw
Idk really, ins't her stick 10-A +? Anything above 10-B here is restricted

Idk really, ins't her stick 10-A +? Anything above 10-B here is restricted
I'm fine with her not having the stick, that's not something she really uses in character. Plus it'd be 10-A even if she picked one off the ground and used it as a weapon, it's just a piece of wood, and I'm pretty sure your average person IRL swinging a wooden stick would get it into 10-A

I think the intelligence argument gets me. The smarter person FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back