• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Danny Phantom Revisions Part 2 (Profiles and Powers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok I know I said the second part was going to be speed but I know that that one is going to be the most crazy one so I decided to do this one next and the speed one after this.

Profiles
This isn't really an upgrade thread like the previsous thread. This thread will focuse on updating the ghosts profiles in a way that makes them look better and more detailed. Currently the profiles don't have much descrption on there attackes and techniques section and the powers and abilities look messy so I decided to do a sandbox of how I think a profile should look as a basic structure for a Danny Phantom ghosts profile. First take a look at Pariah Dark's profile. It barely has any detail on his Notable Attacks and Techniques section. I 100% blame myself for this as I'm the one who did it like that and I intend on fixing them. Now look at the basic structue I think should be used for them.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:LordGriffin1000/Sandbox

As you can see I put all the basic powers and abilities a ghost possesses and there resistances. If you look at the bottom of the page at the notable attacks and techniques section it now gives you legit details on the basic powers of the ghosts and lets you know what is no combat applicable. Obviously the ghosts have unique powers of there own and I intend on adding them and giving them descriptions (Ones that actully need it) that explain them. This sandbox is just showing the basic powers and abilities all ghost share due to physology or a multiple ghost showing the same abilities.

Basic Abilities
You may also see abilities you haven't seen before that I have recently added the the basic list. Like power bestowl, however as explained in the Invisiblity, Intangibilty and Possession discription. Ghosts can pass this ability on to others by simply touching them. Thime biggest one I know people are surprised to see is Non-Corpareal and I was actually surpised myself until I actually fully paid attention.

In the Season 1 episode "Prisoners of Love", Danny gets sent to Walkers Jail and Sam and Tucker go after him in the Specter Speeder. They get chased by Dorathea and are about to smash into the wall but they phase through it while Dorathea smashes into it. They figure out that "Real World" Items phase through stuff in the Ghost Zone. They go on to state "In the Ghost Zone, we're the ghosts". Danny then transforms back into his human form and Walker's foot goes through him. While Walker tries to grab Danny he askes "Why can't I touch you?". To which Danny tells him that he's not just a ghost, he's human so the rules don't apply to him. This is a passive effect given Tucker and Sam didn't know they could do this and the Specter Speeder isn't alive so it can't think.

This isn't the only thing to suggest this. In the episode "Shades of Grey" Sam casually tosses a book at Danny that literally slits him into and his form instently comes back together. He felt no pain, it was as if he wasn't solid. A little bit later in the episode Valerie appears and attacks Danny. She throws three purple bladed discs and when one cuts Danny's arm, he lets out a small cry in pain and says "Ouch, that hurt... Wait a minute, That Hurt!". Danny is actually surpised that he just got hurt which is an odd reaction if he was always physical. This is done similar in the episode "Fright Knight" when Danny enters Pariah's Keep and gets cut by a swinging blade and says "In the Ghost Zone, ghosts can be hurt" Again, Danny is talking as if ghosts can't natuarlly be harmed.

Now I know people who have seen the show would say the Danny has been physically touched by others so this isn't enough. These people are right and wrong. Context is needed here. Danny is harmed by only two things. Ghosts which are literally the same thing he is, so they can harm each other because they are on the same spectrum and Anti-Ghost Tech, which the Fentons entier arsanl is. The guys in white even use Ecto Weapons which obviously use ecto energy.

To add on even more. There are many, many ocassions where Danny and multiple other ghosts phase through walls and floors without going intangible. Even in the intro of the show you see both types of intangibility. It's one thing when you see this a few times you could easily say PIS but when they do this just as much as the other intangibility in each episode something is up. Not to mention ghosts like Desiree, Box Ghost and Nocturn (Danny Phantom) all appeared out of thin air as smoke or energy and then formed into their physically appearnces.

Here's a three clips of then phasing through walls without going "intangible". Here is a video of Danny vs the Lunch Laddy.

https://youtu.be/WDF3oRn7uqY at 2:18 you literally see her phase through th roof without going "intangible"

Here's the intro.

https://youtu.be/2djx83-4XNQ 4 seconds in you see Danny phase through the walls without going intangible but at 27 seconds in he goes "intangible" and phase through the wall.

Here's another video that is short and shows multiple ghosts flying through walls without going "Intangibile"

https://youtu.be/qXBE4t2B7ZA watch the whole thing.

Conclusion
The profiles need a fix.

There are two ways we can go about the Non-Corpareal thing.

Method 1: Leave them as they are aka physical beings who can turn intagible. (This Meathod ignores a ton of legit feats and statements)

Method 2: Ghosts are non-corpareal and have the ability to make themselves tangible in order for them to interact with the "human world" and can turn said tangible bodies they make physical so they can keep themselves safe while still being able to attack. (This Method still has some inconsistencies but it actually has feats and statements backing it)

I can go on and on about this topic and there are more things supporting them being non-corpreal but I already stated I want these to be short. Obviously visual evidence is needed and I don't mind that. I would like people to state which method they prefer.

Note: If method 2 is chosen (which I hope it is) I might need some help gettinging the feats uploaded like I did with the immortality type 6.

Thoughts?. All input is appreciated.

Also for those who think I'm BSing about them having two types of Intangibility, her is a video of Danny vs the Lunch Lady.

https://youtu.be/WDF3oRn7uqY at 2:18 you literally see her phase through th roof without going "intangible"

Here's the intro.

https://youtu.be/2djx83-4XNQ 4 seconds in you see Danny phase through the walls without going intangible but at 27 seconds in he goes "intangible" and phase through the wall.

Here's another video that is short and shows multiple ghosts flying through walls without going "Intangibile"

https://youtu.be/qXBE4t2B7ZA watch the whole thing.

UltimateFlare said:
BTW, how crazy is the speed upgrades?
I'm not a clac person and I don't know the numbers or if my version of the feat will be accepted.

But it's basically multiple ghosts travalling multiple (a lot) planetary distances in 20 minutes which is a low ball.

Also, if the speed feat is accepted it scales to basically everyone so unlike the ap thread, everyone's getting effected.

First we gotta get through this thread tho.

@Js250476

Danny traveling from his portal to Pariah's Keep and back within 20 minutes.

It's funny that I needed something from all 3 seasons for this feat. Plus it's not an outlier since it's not only done by Danny but other ghosts and it's replicated in each season so it is consistent.

I think Option 2 is better since ghosts do have a lot more supporting feats than anti-feats which easily could be PIS.

@Elizhaa

What do you think about the profile update?.

Method 2 seems alright with me. Throughout the show (all three seasons), the ghosts including Danny have been shown phasing through solid objects despite in other episodes they actually use "intangibility" to do so. But this could be due to having multiple writers doing episodes. Sometimes Butch wasn't even apart of the writing or storyboard process. So inconsistencies are likely to occur, case in point earlier episodes shoed ghosts like Poindexter & The Lunch Lady as transparent but by season 3 that was no longer the case. I've always wondered if when Danny flew and his legs turned into that wavy tail if that was possibly him reducing his lower half into a none solid form to potentionally reduce his mass thus increasing his overall speed. But either way, the page upgrade seems a no brainer if a bit of work while the second option for the physical form arguement seems fine.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Js250476
Danny traveling from his portal to Pariah's Keep and back within 20 minutes.

It's funny that I needed something from all 3 seasons for this feat. Plus it's not an outlier since it's not only done by Danny but other ghosts and it's replicated in each season so it is consistent.
Hmm I see well time to commence the ap upgrade for the whole verse I've been waiting on.

@Huesito88

What feat is that?. Also what's your thoughts on this thread?.

@Huesito88

Ah, I remember. Well whenever you do the calc let me know.

Well damn, Griffin. Now ghosts start off intangible too? What's next, they get passive death hax?

Jokes aside, this looks good and I also agree with the second method.

@Peter

Basically.

1. Better description to the ghosts Notable Attack and Techniques section and cleaning up there Powers and Abilities section.

2. Them becoming Non-Corporeal naturally. They have legitimate feats of phasing through walls naturally and are shown and stated to be made up of energy.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff says he agrees with the changes. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3229500

It seems enough people agree. I'll do the same like the last thread. I'll wait and leave this open before applying the changes to see if anyone else eill comment.

God I hope the Speed Revision goes smoothly like these last two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back