• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much context does MWI in a verse need to qualify for High Hyperversal?

As said above. Let's say a verse creates a parallel universe from a diversion of events in the main universe. Does this verse also need a statement of "infinite higher dimensions" or "quantum mechanics" in order to qualify for High 1-B (High Hyperversal)?

Is it because assuming that quantum mechanics has the same concepts as in real life falls under Appeal to Reality fallacy?

I see. But I hear some people say that MWI requires the infinite higher dimensions to work by default.
If you're using Everett's version, which explicitly describes infinite-dimensional Hilbert space.

Schrodinger's MWI is typically seen as either 2-B or 2-A, though I have seen arguments which might suggest Low 1-C

If you're using Everett's version, which explicitly describes infinite-dimensional Hilbert space.

Schrodinger's MWI is typically seen as either 2-B or 2-A, though I have seen arguments which might suggest Low 1-C
Didn't Tegmark create the concept of Multiverse Type 3 where MWI forms infinite-dimensional Hilbert Spaces? I don't think that Everett included the Hilbert Spaces with MWI.

Didn't Tegmark create the concept of Multiverse Type 3 where MWI forms infinite-dimensional Hilbert Spaces? I don't think that Everett included the Hilbert Spaces with MWI.
everett created MWI and tegmark basically copied the homework and made it different by adding infinite dimensional hilbert space

So MWI by itself wouldn't be infinite-dimensional because it's the Type 3 Multiverse which actually combines MWI with the infinite-dimensional Hilbert Spaces?

Back