• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How should the "Notable Attacks/Techniques"-section in Touhou profiles look?

The question is as in the titel.

My personal opinion is, that the section should look like this.

That means they should start with a general description of what the abilities of the character can do in a non danmaku battle. After that follows a listing of skill/spell cards. The latter should be selcted after which are notable, so for example weaker versions of more or less the same move are unnecessary. The description of the move can often be take directly, even though one might want to add detail if necessary and releveant. Parts of the descriptions that don't add to the relevant facts (like jokes), should be left out.

Pictures to the moves are in my opinion a nice addition to show how the moves looks (given that thouhou danmaku is all about patterns that is also justified, I think), so I feel like one can insert them (even though a bit smaller than in the example would be good).

That would be my opinion on how they should look.

What are your thoughts?

I am not invested in Touhou, but think that your suggestion seems fine.

I think that pictures of abilities shoudl be put into gallery or into slides. Because they make profiles (that section of profile) quite large...

Well, I think the pictures add really bad clutter that makes it difficult to read and follow the actual important information.

Well, personally I like the images since they for example make clear that things like "Draws energy from the earth and creates a sun on the spot. The sun manifests itself and burns everything in the surrounding area." don't refer to a real full sized sun.

Putting them into the gallery just makes them unrelated to the actual attacks themself, so that would be bad.

Well, maybe linking to them in the title of the spellcard is a good compromise? I would want to avoid external image hosting websites though (mostly since pictures tend to get deleted from them after some time or something), so uploding them to wikia is the best course in that case.

That sounds reasonable to me.

I am bad with formating so I can't help there. I made gallery in Alice profile... And I agree that images is kind of stand alone.

You can give names/descriptions to the techniques shown in images in a gallery as well. I agree that too many images easily clutter a page.

Back