• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How powerful are the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Zedd and Rita would be a good idea, I'll need some time to figure them out though. Fortunately, I have every season of Power Rangers on Netflix, so I could binge watch a season or two over the weekend.

After Dino Thunder and SPD (Since you have good memory regarding them ATM), I'd say we should go season-by-season until we get to Dino Charge, possibly barring Alien Rangers due to its short length.

Alien Rangers is hard to rate. They are weaker than the MMPR to a point where their main villain is a generic monster of the week, though the Red Alien Ranger appears in Forever Red so he gets scaled up to Planet Level+ (At least equal to Jason), but the rest are pretty weak.

Excuse, everyone. I want to make a profile for Casey Rhodes(Jungle Fury Red Ranger) and RJ(Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger) but I need to know what their AP, Speed, and durability first. I do recall Casey, along with Lily and Theo, destorying the Da Shi unmorphed but I don't know how to scale him.

Oops I totally forgot Jungle Fury in my list of powers lol. They are post-Once a Ranger so it's pretty hard to scale them. Because they were in TLB they should be able to keep up with other rangers and thus be Large Planet Level+ and MFTL, though.

However, because of the asinine way everything happens in that I am willing to exclude TLB from these rankings because it's really stupid. As such, JF, RPM & Samurai have to survive on their own feats, so I'll have to check what Jungle Fury can do before we make those.

Looked up stuff about SPD and the Alpha Centauri stuff and confirmed it. Tiers for SPD go different than what that tier list said. It's actually S.W.A.T.>Battlizer>Omega Ranger> Shadow Ranger> Emperor Grumm> Bork (the guy with the AC feat).

This is seen as Shorty & Devastation, the two most wanted in the galaxy, come to Earth. Shorty, the weaker of the two, shows to be on par with Doggy. Omega Ranger then comes in and defeats Devastation, the stronger of the two. Devastation and 5 other monsters come back later in the show and defeat the rangers, but then the Battlizer kicks in and wins. Then another villain comes in and contends with the Battlizer before being destroyed by S.W.A.T. It is also explicitly stated by Omega that S.W.A.T is stronger than him. Also, Doggy beats Grumm 1 on 1 in the finale. Finally, in the crossover S.W.A.T. is shown to be equal to Super Dino Mode, allowing it to scale up to Dino Thunder.

Doesn't change anything but I just wanted to say I confirmed all of this just now.

Last I checked, they defeated Dai Shi unmorphed, but they focused absolutely all of their energy into an attack that killed Dai Shi.

I have a question regarding the Green and White Mighty Morphin Rangers. Both are Tommy Oliver of course, but are they equal in power or is one form stronger than the other?

DarkMastero said:
Assuming the Green Ranger clone was the same strenth as the original they seemed pretty close in strength.
I don't think he means the clone per say. I believe he's talking about does the Green suit grant more power to Tommy, or does the White one .

Also, I feel like I should mention that, if one does not use Legendary Battle, later seasons (AKA anything after Operation Overdrive) are basically featless, at least in terms of what Power Rangers is usually like.

Let's just say there's a reason there are no calcs past Mystic Force...

Well. That sucks.

Using Legendary Battle IMO is also kind of stupid though because it doesn't really make sense. They made that episode very poorly and I hated it. The extended version was better but it still sucked.

Wow. You don't like Legendary Battle.

What was so wrong with it?

But if we don't use it, we've got nothing regarding Post-OO seasons.

Well first of all when they bring in all the past Rangers of course I knew they could only get a few there's no way they could get everyone. But of the few they got they only gave Tommy more than like 1 line. In addition, the other rangers for the big fight just appear out of nowhere for no truly explained reason and then disappear when the fight is over. Also, the main villain of the show dies the Red and Silver rangers fight him his ship and pin him to the wall. They escape as the ship explodes and he DIES. That's super anticlimactic.

In the extended version they give some of the rangers more lines and the main villain does survive the explosion and fights them in giant form, but it still doesn't fix a lot of the problems.

Ok so I don't want to be 'that guy' or anything, but, what? I watched the original Power Rangers when I was a kid and caught reruns here and there on the Disney channel, but I cannot for the life of me understand how any of them are planet level.

Can someone explain this? I'm not accusing anyone of wanking or anything, but it seems to me that we're scaling most of these strength and durability stats not from physicality but from the magic used by villains. I do believe that 'hax' sidesteps strength and durability. The fact that Rita and Zedd have planet-affecting magic does not really prove that they have planet-level striking power or durability. It's magic. And consequently is shouldn't scale to Rangers that primarily rely on giant robots to fight more powerful threats.

Would not the fact that Serpentera is a thing be evidence against planet-level Rangers? I really don't think Rita's and Zedd's magic should count toward's Ranger stats. Unless they tanked actual punches with level-busting power or something comparable, this makes no sense to me. And no I'm not trying to downplay. I held out hope that the Tigerzord would beat Epyon in that Death Battle episode, knowing it wouldn't. Broke my heart. And I still have all my original Ranger figures and Megazords. I'd love for Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin at least, to make it to even island level.

Can someone provide planet-level feats of durability and strength that don't rely on flimsy scaling off of villain magic?

Tommy tanked multiple blasts in a row from Zedd and later broke his staff. I think that's enough.

^^^

And to the Serpenterra claim, it was stated it had MORE than enough power to destroy Earth, implying it can casually planet bust, planet level isn't the peak, it's the minimum.

The Everlasting said:
I still see Tommy take several magic blasts from Zedd if that's what you're asking.
Umm... I'm going to be very straightforward here and say that that's being extremely flattering. Tomy got his ass whooped and Zedd was toying with him before his staff broke. I highly doubt that Tommy not dying from Zedd's blasts is a feat at all. We have no idea how much power Zedd put into those blasts nor do we have reason to think it was substantial. Zedd straight up mocked Tommy the whole fight. If anything it's a point for Zedd for so casually humiliating a superhuman.

Tommy walked away because he broke the Z-staff with Saba. And I really don't count breaking Zedd's staff as a feat. What's the staff made of? How tough is it? Again, magic=hax. It's nigh-unquantifiable unless we know what it's made of. Even if it's 100x stronger than titanium or carbon nanotubes that's far from planet-level. I just don't see it. Sorry, I love Power Rangers, but this is crazy abuse of scaling unless there's something better.

It's not like it's inconsistent when later Rangers show Star and even Galaxy level feats, in addition to MMPR probably being the weakest series. I don't see a problem here.

You're basically saying that it doesn't matter that the scaling is faulty because later showings by different characters are high. That's like me saying G1 Starscream has star-level durability because Unicron Trilogy Starscream does.

Let me be blunt. If character pages were children these pages would be taken from your custody for neglect. I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's a right way and a wrong way to get stats. If they don't have feats to support such an absurdly high ranking and they can't be scaled using conservative assumptions then that's just too damn bad. You can't call characters - with city block level feats - planet level.

I've already begun to challenge these rankings here- http://www.vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:170914

If anyone has something to support planet-level MMPR Tommy and Jason, by all means share it. But scaling from unquantifiable magic from a villain to get strength, durability and attack stats for the hero- in a fight where the villain was toying with the hero no less - is bad. It's just bad.

I won't continue to bad-mouth this. Again, I will always have a soft spot for Power Rangers, especially the original crew. If you have actual feats or scaling that isn't blatantly obtuse please share it in that topic above.

Pikachu942 escreveu:
De qualquer forma, o poder geral de cada série da guarda florestal deve ser esta:
Power Rangers: Grande Ilha N├¡vel +, velocidades relativistas de pré-Ninja, FTL-FTL + acelera pós-Ninja. Tommy e Jason s├úo os ├║nicos mais forte.

Zeo: Grande Planeta Nível +, FTL-FTL + all da fase dos façanha de Tommy

Turbo: Grande Planeta Nível +, MFTL da façanha de Justin.

No Espa├ºo: Grande Planeta N├¡vel +, MFTL. Andros com sua Battlizer é Galaxy + para ser capaz de prejudicar escuro Specter.

Perdido Tempestade Galaxy-Ninja: O mesmo que no espaço. Ninja Storm Battlizers são pelo menos Estrela Nível +, potencialmente Sistema Solar Nível +.

Dino Trovão: Grande Planeta Nível +, MFTL em velocidades. Ranger Branco & Modo Super Dino são pelo menos Estrela Nível +, potencialmente Sistema Solar Nível +, Triássico Ranger, do preto da guarda florestal & Connor Battlizer e Super Battlizer são Galaxy Nível +.

SPD: Grande Planeta Nível +, MFTL em velocidades. 2 Battlizers da SWAT Forma, Sombra Rangers & Ranger vermelho são pelo menos Estrela Nível +, Sistema Solar potencialmente Nível +

Força Mística: separado do resto de uma maneira estranha, terá de olhar para ele individualmente. Pelo menos Large Nível Planeta + e MFTL por ser comparável a outros em Uma vez que um Ranger.

Opera├º├úo Overdrive: Grande Planeta N├¡vel +, MFTL. Modo de guarda florestal Sentinela da Red Ranger é Universe N├¡vel, pode ser mais ├á série eu preciso verificar para tr├ís.

RPM & Samurai: Necessidade de olhar para eles. Pelo menos grande planeta Nível +, MFTL por ser comparável em The Legendary Battle.

Megaforce: Grande Planeta N├¡vel +, MFTL. No Modo Legendary eles podem acessar poderes e Battlizers que significa que eles podem ir t├úo alto como Universo N├¡vel (Sim, eles ainda t├¬m uma estatueta coisa Sentinela Cavaleiro de faz├¬-lo de cada ranger, embora logicamente que levaria 2 Rangers para realizar este n├¡vel, ent├úo por apenas 1 Galaxy N├¡vel + é o m├íx.)

Isso deve ser bom para agora pelo que eu sei.

It's such bullshit talk that makes me want Zedd to blow up the human race with the Serpentera!

Power Rangers have been shown to be able to move like blurs and react to monsters that move at FTE speeds. Their suits have protected them from building and wall busting attacks. They are strong enough to smash through walls and destroy a small building with a few strikes. Some are even strong to lift cars, like Robo-Knight (who did it with one arm).

The Megazords are Most likely city busting level in terms of power and durability and can fight and move at subsonic speeds, some individual zords can move at supersonic speeds.

I like the Power Rangers and everything, but I don't believe they are Planet level or can move at FTL speeds. A single Ranger is low-mid level superhuman, maybe High-level at best. A team of 4-6 can probably take on MCU Avengers and The Ninja Turtles. The Megazord is probably able to take on Movie Trnsformers and low level Kaiju.

Aside from the inaccurate speed rating those give those sources don't state anything about their AP or Durability

They scale off of villains who consistently show Planet level or higher feats, though:

-Rita Repulsa creates an eclipse

-Hydro Hog "destroyed many worlds before"

-Bork was said to be able to destroy Earth and left Alpha Centauri in ruins.

-Vrak caused an eclipse casually.

-Badussa says "he hasn't had this much fun since h destroyed the Kyoryuger Galaxy"

-Lord Arcano destroyed a planet without any effort, while restricting himself.

-Heckyl was said have destroyed many galaxies and planets in the past.

-Emperor Gruumm destroyed a planet that was so large that it made Earth "puny" im comparison.

-Meteor has an attack that is said to bring planetary destruction, and he's fodder.

-Sledge boast about how many galaxies he's destroyed in the past.

-Flurious absorbed the power of a universe destroying weapo.

-Diabolico's death yielded a Tenaton-grade explosion.

And that's just the Planet level feats off the top of my head. Don't even get me started on the amount of FTL feats they have. Fodder monsters and average Humans have reacted to pure light on more than one occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back