• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How far does Light travel in One Second? & several more important things I want/need to know... (Plus, a Teaser for a Calc still being Procrastinated.

You have much to unlear.
~ The 4th Doctor stating Lightspeed CAN be surpassed.​
While I would simply go ahead & start w/ the MAX Speed of Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 8810.2), but how to transfer all that to Sub-Relativistic starting w/ 1% SoL was never mentioned in the speed section on this site. Maybe it does follow the same ruling as Note 1, but even in Note 3, whatever this "3+1D Space Time Continuum" makes sense, but I just simply use the term 4D S.T.C. otherwise.

Alright, here's what I'm guessing how far light travels in one Second: According to Wikipedia (Why do I feel this'll be common knowledge?), this is also known as a Light-Second. I dunno is this complies w/ this Wiki's Speed Standards, but many sources in addition state it to be 299,792,458 meters, or 983,571,056 ft. But what about Kilometers, & Miles? The Latter states it seems to travel in 186,282 Miles, but I'm unable to find the km variant. I'd actually like it if anyone can find it please, this might end up being useful in this case...

I hope I'm not denying how the Speed System works; I just wanted to know how far SoL lasts in a Second; & if it also applies to Lasers as well (I dunno if they either behave similarly, or are different all around; might want to do some back up on this.

Alright. I guess you waited long enough. Here's my preview of what I wanted to do about this...

Light Busting
I hope this helps, but in case it didn't; let me Reiterate the questions:

1: Does Does the MAX Massively Hypersonic+ Speed (Mach 8810.2) transfer to 1% SoL Sub-Relativistic like other speeds like Supersonic to the next Speed Class?

2: What does 3+1D supposed to mean? I typically use 4D as a Real-Life case; 3D is like a museum exhibit for example...

3: (Answered: It is 299,792.458 km/s. I'll have to use this as a base when making the beam length; which is FAR SHORTER than that...)

4: Does Lasers, & Light move at the same speed? What similarities & Differences do they have?

5: Based on WatchFrameByFrame, 2:44:59 to 2:44:61 at 60fps is an extraordinarily short time; & ol' Aiwhen (Wonderful World) had just what is 3 Hundredths of a second to start & react; which was at 2:44:61; though this was also done at 2:44:60; which is also a frame that light hasn't shot out yet. (WEIRD.) Since Aiwhen's Whirlwind Original Ability starts from that pose at 2:44:61, does this seem like a legit feat I want to do a calc for? That beam aiming down is probably only several Aiwhens long since it hit the ground (Aiwhen's canon height is 148cm.), but the Orbs on the bottom can shoot out Lightbeams/Lasers w/ some kind of indefinite length as it keeps going long after surpassing arena length; most likely.

6. I'm trying to use an angsizer calculator for both the angle, & pixel length for Laser/Lightbeam 1, which was reacted by Aiwhen. Given the length & that all that took just a hundredth of a second, how do you angle lines like this? I'll also show how far one of those beams could go from one end of an arena to the other as an infinitely moving laser/light beam. & since this is Light-Second measurement in this case, 299,792.458 km/s is the Magic Numeral. But really, how the heck do I use an Angsizer Calucator?

All that said, I hope you liked the Teaser for a Calc of mine. I just wonder if it's worth what I'm preparing for now...

Well, thank you for your time. Any thoughts?

PS: I can't seem to put any text on my pics these days, so here's what I could've added before:

Oh, & in case anyone wants to know, Aiwhen can react to this in a Hundredth of a second; 2:44:60/Frame 9877 of 21164, or 2:44:61/Frame 9878 of 21164; though 2:44:59/Frame 9876 of 21164 is the one Hundredth of a Second to react. BTW: That Beam of Light only stopped as there was no true refraction, but the 2 lower Orbs literally go on, & on... BTW, all data was from WFBF, 60fps was used, & 0.01 Seconds was used for accurate result.

BUMP!
Thanks for the SoL speed, but I'm also wondering of the following:

1: Does the MAX Massively Hypersonic+ Speed (Mach 8810.2) transfer to 1% SoL Sub-Relativistic like other speeds like Supersonic to the next Speed Class?

2: What does 3+1D supposed to mean? I typically use 4D as a Real-Life case; 3D is like a museum exhibit for example.

3: Does Lasers, & Light move at the same speed? What similarities & Differences do they have?

4: I'm trying to use an angsizer calculator for both the angle, & pixel length for Laser/Lightbeam 1, which was reacted by Aiwhen. Given the length & that all that took just a hundredth of a second, how do you angle lines like this? I'll also show how far one of those beams could go from one end of an arena to the other as an infinitely moving laser/light beam. & since this is Light-Second measurement in this case, 299,792.458 km/s is the Magic Numeral. But really, how the heck do I use an Angsizer Calucator?

I hope someone can answer this... Thanks though. :)

BUMP!
I'd really like some answers, please. There are at the Topic Post OP. They are actually very required at this time...

(I'm answering original post's questions)

1. Yeah, you're right

2. 3+1D stands for three spatial and one temporal dimensions.

3. (Answered by TriforcePower1)

4. Yeah, laser and light move on the same speed in vacuum. As for the differences, laser actually is a concentrated and powered light beam.

5. I suppose that the feat is legitimate?

6. Hopefully, this helps

Back