• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does one determine a character's grip strength?

We know what Lifting Strength & what Striking Strength is, but what about gripping?

Sometimes, it may be a viable option for a character to grab someone to restrain them, attempt to choke them, pull a weapon or object out of another character's grip.

How is it determined who's grip is stronger? If someone grabs your wrists, you could get out of their grip with forceful enough swinging of your arms, no? If someone tries to choke you, couldn't you pull their arms away? And if someone tries to seize an object you're holding, can't you try to hold on?

How is it determined who's stronger or more able in such scenarios?

I mean gripping is different from the likes of lifting up the mass of object and how much power you deliver from to such object. Maybe someone could explain it to you eventually.

I would guess it would be a smaller portion of your lifting strength, considering you are using far less muscles, considering there is someone on here from pretty much every walk of life, someone is bound to have an actual concrete answer, but honestly it doesn't matter, cause really, when are you simply just gonna use your hand muscles, I guess maybe if you're gigantic and facing a smaller character that can fit in your hand, but even then, people just call it a literal stomp

Back