• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do we calc heat?

There are some feats(this for example) that i wondering what the temperature that needed in order to do such thing,is there is a way to calc temperature?

I'm pretty sure we do have latent heat and temperature raising formulas. I can't get them atm since I'm on mobile but raising the temperature of air, for example, is what gives Magnemite its rating.

WeeklyBattles-I am pretty sure that in order to vaporize almost immediately a whole lake(which hundreds of meters length-width and tens of meters depth) you need to be far more than 100C no?

WeeklyBattles said:
Vaporizing water is 100C
vaporize a whole lake (which like i said it hundreds of meters length-width and tens of meters depth) it just 100C? are you sure?

For example i remember reading somewhere(probably in other fourm) that Akainu's magma was calc as 100,000K+ celsius,is that possible to do a similar calc here?

There are so many variables here. How big is the fire? How much of the water was the fire exposed to? How quickly was the water evaporated? Was any Force involved or just heat energy? All that and more make finding the exact temperature of the fire needed to do such a feat nigh-impossible.

That said unless it is a huge fire it is way over 100 degrees Celsius. In fact even a simple match burns at about 600 degrees Celsius. That match ain't vaporizing a lake anytime soon.

Also sorry Weekly but you are incorrect on this one. Even paper burns at 450 Celsius. A decently small fire instantly vaporizing a lake is going to go WAY over 100 over even 1000 degrees Celsius. I'm not sure how to find an actual rating for this, but shifting an entire lake's temperature to 100 degrees instantly from a small contact/exposure point would make that a pretty hot fire.

WeeklyBattles said:
Are you really serious? it kinda sound weird to me,that was huge lake and he did in instant,this must be more than just 100C no? it not just to vaporize some glass of water

Assaltwaffle said:
There are so many variables here. How big is the fire? How much of the water was the fire exposed to? How quickly was the water evaporated? Was any Force involved or just heat energy? All that and more make finding the exact temperature of the fire needed to do such a feat nigh-impossible.
That said unless it is a huge fire it is way over 100 degrees Celsius. In fact even a simple match burns at about 600 degrees Celsius. That match ain't vaporizing a lake anytime soon.
Here the whole feat if that help

The water got vaporize in instant it seem,the lake is like i said hundreds of meters length-width and probably tens of meters depth

Ryop said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Are you really serious? it kinda sound weird to me,that was huge lake and he did in instant,this must be more than just 100C no? it not just to vaporize some glass of water

Im being completely serious, the heat capacity of water doesnt change no matter how much water is being vaporized

While that is true Weekly, a 100 degree fire (if there is even a fire that burns that cool) would not generate enough energy to raise the temperature of the lake to 100 degrees unless it is as large as/bigger than the lake and over a long exposure period.

Instantly vaporizing a lake with a small fire means that thing is stupid hot.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also sorry Weekly but you are incorrect on this one. Even paper burns at 450 Celsius. A decently small fire instantly vaporizing a lake is going to go WAY over 100 over even 1000 degrees Celsius. I'm not sure how to find an actual rating for this, but shifting an entire lake's temperature to 100 degrees instantly from a small contact/exposure point would make that a pretty hot fire.
If thats the case then all ocean vaporization calcs need to be redone because they all have water being vaporized at 100C

@Weekly

Nothing needs to be redone and energy values all make sense. Raising water to 100 degrees will cause it to be vaporized. The energy needed to do this can be determined by finding the volume of the water and applying latent heat to the water to account for the temperature raise.

That is not the problem. Energy works and is perfectly fine. Finding the actual heat of the fire can probably be found by taking the neccessary energy for the water body vaporization and applying it to a localized fire.

He wanted that heat of a small fire capable of vaporizing a lake, not the energy such a fire would need to emit. I'm not trying to be insulting or question anything, I just think you misunderstood what was being requested here.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Weekly
Nothing needs to be redone and energy values all make sense. Raising water to 100 degrees will cause it to be vaporized. The energy needed to do this can be determined by finding the volume of the water and applying latent heat to the water to account for the temperature raise.

That is not the problem. Energy works and is perfectly fine. Finding the actual heat of the fire can probably be found by taking the neccessary energy for the water body vaporization and applying it to a localized fire.

He wanted that heat of a small fire capable of vaporizing a lake, not the energy such a fire would need to emit. I'm not trying to be insulting or question anything, I just think you misunderstood what was being requested here.
Yeah that what i meant thank you.

So anyway,there is a way to calc the temperature or this is impossible?

@Weekly

It's no issue. In the words of Drave, "It looks like there was some miscommunication there."

@Ryop

If you know the exact size of the fire I am sure there is a way. Unfortunately I don't know the formula required to find this as I have never delved into fire calculations. I'm sure if I had a source for something similar being done I can figure out how to do it. I just haven't seen anyone on this wiki calc temperature based on energy yields. Also try not to quote large amounts of text. It can clutter things fast. Simply using @Personwhoyouwanttoaddress will work just fine.

Back