• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do we arrange powers?

I'm working on Hazbin Hotel pages, specifically Stolas and Alastor at the moment, and I noticed that these characters, especially Alastor, possessed a lot of miscellaneous powers. And, that got me wondering: how exactly do we arrange the Powers and Abilities section? I know Resistances come at the bottom, but do we order powers by their importance or do we just do whatever?

There's no other set rule or habit, other than Superhuman Physical characteristics being the very first thing listed.

Personally, with my profiles I tend to list things in this order (with exceptions depending on situational reasons)
  • Superhuman Physical Characteristics
  • General physiology traits (cyborgization, inorganic, incorporeal, large and small size, longevity...)
  • Skills (martial arts, weapons, acrobatics, stealth, genius intelligence...)
  • Bodily stuff (natural weapons, regeneration, immortality, super senses, flight, self sustenance...)
  • Advanced bodily stuff (Shapeshifting, Elasticity, self size manip, body control, transformation...)
  • Simple powers (elements, healing, anything that doesn't require long explanations)
  • Complex powers (mind control, corruption, soul stuff, existence erasure, conceptual...)
  • Technical stuff if present, generally related to videogames (stats amps and debuffs, damage boost, reduction and transferal, statuses....)
  • Resistances

Saman sounds about right, we also usually make equipment based powers and resistances separate from ones they have naturally.

Back