• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How can Newtons be used for feats?

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
What I'm asking in this question is how can I determine a certain durability, AP, or striking strength with the measurement of newtons? If you could answer this please, that'd be great. Thanks.

Antoniofer said:
Directly, force units are placed in Lifting Strength, but you can't convert force to energy.
Understandable, but what of the "5,000 newton punches" I've heard of?

Afraid to tell you that I'm not sure, I think some people over here consider 1 MN to be Room level (force to rip-off the spine), so maybe high-end Wall level. But again, not sure.

Antoniofer said:
Afraid to tell you that I'm not sure, I think some people over here consider 1 MN to be Room level (force to rip-off the spine), so maybe high-end Wall level. But again, not sure.
Darn. Well, thanks for the explanation.

Lonkitt said:
Then what would 259,145 newtons be at?
That is 1.89 weaker than being ran over by a 2,000 pound car going at 60 miles per hour. But it pretty high anyway.

Lonkitt said:
Then what would 259,145 newtons be at?
Wall level if it's via kick, but it's Wall level via punch as well. It's if we're using average human.

Anyways, Lonkitt, I'll try to explain how can Newtons be used for feats.

Attack Potency/Striking Strength/Durability(?): Energy = Force * Length. You are going to punch/kick someone because reasons. How much force are you generating? Firstly, determine your arm's/leg's mass; for example, we'll use 4 kilograms for leg. Secondly, determine the speed of your arm/leg (we'll use 5 m/s) and the time for which you reached the speed of your hand/leg (we'll use 0.5 seconds). How much Newtons is generating your leg? Force = Mass * Acceleration; Acceleration = (Final velocity - Initial velocity)/(Final time - Initial time). It means that 4 kilograms * (5 meters per second / 0.5 seconds) = 40 Newtons. Fairly weak. Now, determine the length that your arm/leg has passed. We'll use 1 meter. 40 Newtons * 1 meter = 40 joules, which is Average Human level.

Lifting Strength: Awesomeguy is able to lift 20 kilograms on his home planet Gokusnightmare, where surface gravity is 10000 m/s. What is the weight of 20 kilograms on Awesomeplanet? Force = Mass * Acceleration; 20 kilograms * 10000 m/s = 200000 Newtons. Now, Awesomeguy has been teleported to the planet Awesomeplanet. Awesomeplanet's surface gravity is 10 m/s. How many kilograms Awesomeguy is able to lift on Awesomeplanet? Mass = Force / Acceleration; 200000 Newtons / 10 m/s = 20000 kilograms, which is Class K. 10 m/s is close to 9.8 m/s, so 20000 kilograms should be kinda acceptable; Earth's surface gravity is about 9.8 m/s.

@Skalt711 I was thinking the same way on how to calculate striking strength since its about the force behind the movement of the body becoming energy and not only energy for movement since real-life humans have ways to output more or less destructive energy with faster or slower speeds. Example Shogun Rua kicks 12233 newtons of force and has a speed of 17m/s for KE he would only have 2023 joules and Bren Foster kicking 61m/s and only outputting 1024 newtons of force for KE he would have 26047 joules.Also, most of that energy is changed into chemical energy as heat since your arm and leg burn or heat up went you punch and kick and how people output more energy or force is by using more of their mass by using techniques to swinging their leg or arm with more energy and force.

Your calculations for the force of lifting strength sounds good because the force needed to pick something up is the mass times the gravity and with different planets and moon can affect the force need to lift an object off the ground. Also if you have a lot of force you should be able to pick up heavier objects.

Back