• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How badly would modern era humanity be affected by Titans (SNK/AOT)?

So, in my opinion, I think it would be similar to a zombie apocolapse.

Titans would appear in major cities all over the world, without notice. Humanity at first would not know that slicing the nape kills them entirely. But I'm sure with modern tech it be a lot easier.

What you think?

We'd have to mobilize quickly, but there's little stopping us from using our superior cannons, firearms, and population to overwhelm the Titans.

This is of course, assuming that people are aware of the Titans' presence and aren't running and screaming.

Eh we'd be fine. They are huge targets and we've got jets that shoot misiles, with the right aim at the neck. Tanks WILL blow them apart.....unless there's something in the manga that says otherwise (which I will avoid this thread entirely if that comes into play because spoilers)

The recent chapters have proven that even Shifters are in noticeable danger from WWI level technology. Even assuming armies of Titans appear around the world, with their low intelligence and low coordination abilities, they simply cause a lot of property damage and civilian deaths until the military appears. Modern weapons wouldn't need to be so precise to take out a Titan's nape when there are things that can blow its entire head and shoulder area. Plus, the only AA they could pull off would be the Beast Titan, which is only 1 and would only threaten low-flying stuff that gets too close to it.

Now that I've read SNK chapter 93. Yeah, stomp even. Marely admits that due to tech advances Titains are coming obsolete. And it's only WW1 Bi-Planes, a Superonic jet would be overkill.

All you need is a bunch of Military Platoons with M1-Abrams and A-10 Thunderbolts following behind the only possible way the titans would get kills is in the begging when the military is caugh off guard (they would get maybe a few soldiers but mostly Pedestrians and law enforcement)

Back