• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

Funny bone is officially tickled.
ozNEzqF.jpg

Oh also while I’m slipping into a music tangent

inhale

Ed Sheeran at his peak was the best singer and songwriter in the world
“Baby” by Justin Bieber is (just) listenable
Coldplay got better after “Viva La Vida”, they didn’t fall off at all
BTS’ hits that have reached the west have been all hits no misses
The Weekend is mid
Adele’s newest album won wayyyyy too many awards
Music peaked in the 2010’s and fell off HARD in Late 2019-‘21, but is now slowly making a comeback
Bruno Mars is mad underrated
Billie Eilish is a generational talent

inhale

Ed Sheeran at his peak was the best singer in the world
The Weekend is mid
Music peaked in the 2010’s and fell off HARD in Late 2019-‘21, but is now slowly making a comeback
Aight here's a hot-take for you

All of modern pop except for the few rare masterpieces is bland and boring and has the effect of drinking warm water in a warm room

Has anyone ever tried Mulberries? I thought it was a common berry, but from the people I've spoken to, a lot of them haven't even heard of it.
I've never tried it, nope. But I have heard of it.
Ed Sheeran at his peak was the best singer in the world
The Weekend is mid
Meh
Agreed
IDK
Agreed
This is the biggest lie I've ever seen
IDK
I somewhat agree but it really depends on the genre you're listening to.
This is the 2nd biggest lie in the world
1000%

inhale

Ed Sheeran at his peak was the best singer and songwriter in the world
The Weekend is mid
I can live with most of these statements, even the Weekend one.

But who the **** things Bruno is underrated?

Also, latest chapter went from spiritual training into a martial skill training outta nowhere and the protagonist's pet has to go through a gauntlet of a 100 stages of martial arts who outskill the last and the first opponent is a mid-tier soul beast l(ikely a tier 8 by feats) ranked as "amateur in martial arts" fighting against the protagonist's holy-tier soul beast(likely tier 6 by feats) and in a single chapter that tier 8 amateur martial artist has shown:

1.Damage reduction that lets her redirect and disperse kinetic energy through her body into the floor via vibration of bone and muscle (body control) and another layer of damage reduction that lets her dislocate a joint and turn into a living windmill by softening her muscles and making them springier (still takes considerable damage, but once again is fighting a likely tier 6 by feats)
2.Analytical prediction that lets her escape grabs and extreme close range attacks (they seem relative in speed, so kinda meh for now.)
3.Pressure points that let her inflict nearly incapacitating damage to a tier 6 by targetting weakpoints. (as in she can target weakness that literally let her poke her finger through the protagonist's soul beast.)

And those things are explicitely explained while being stated as the basic of the basic.

Aight i guess now for a truly hot take, a 100°C hot specifically...

Tea>Coffee
Nope completely agree, every coffee I've ever had across the world ALWAYS tastes like hot water mixed with soil (a earthly flavour indeed) and don't get me started on the coffee connoisseurs, speaking in flowery language and paying stupid amounts of money to literally drink shit, it makes no sense to me.

Not really a hot take tho.

Aight here's a hot-take for you

All of modern pop except for the few rare masterpieces is bland and boring and has the effect of drinking warm water in a warm room
Massive W, the only DJs who get to make themselves the main people of songs are Calvin Harris and Galantis, who tf these Jax Jones and Joel Corry mfs think they are stretching a 30 second voice clip into a 2m 30s song with no substance 😭

Nah they got me vibing, Butter, Dynamite, Boy With Love, Permission to Dance >>>
All of them are mid. Butter is decent though.

Dynamite is irritating asf. When that shit first dropped, that's all I was hearing for the next 2 months. It was so annoying.

Nope completely agree, every coffee I've ever had across the world ALWAYS tastes like hot water mixed with soil (a earthly flavour indeed) and don't get me started on the coffee connoisseurs, speaking in flowery language and paying stupid amounts of money to literally drink shit, it makes no sense to me.

Not really a hot take tho.
Dang. I like me a good coffee at times but like, tea is always >>>. Coffee is too dependent on addons like cream and sugar while tea is hard to go wrong with. The only thing you need to do is to buy something that isn't Lipton and to not hold the teabag in the cup for too long (in case of putting whole tea inside the cup just drink it before it gets too strong)

Aight so hot take but chocolate is overrated. Like I hear so many people praising chocolate but for me bland chocolate is bad. White chocolate bar by ritter sports is amazing but too much of it is bad. Chocolate is good with something like cookies for example. I am currently addicted to cookies with chocolate layers that are sold here in my country. Best stuff ever.
I like chocolate, but can't really imagine myself eating more than a few rectangles (idk if there's a specific name for those little retangle shaped divisions of the bar) a day. Bitter chocolate is a good palate cleanser after lunch, not that good as something to eat in large quantities by itself.

Dang. I like me a good coffee at times but like, tea is always >>>. Coffee is too dependent on addons like cream and sugar while tea is hard to go wrong with. The only thing you need to do is to buy something that isn't Lipton and to not hold the teabag in the cup for too long (in case of putting whole tea inside the cup just drink it before it gets too strong)
This. And i'm nowhere near even close to being british. There's a lot of variation on tea when it comes to flavor (and for a heathen like me who likes to drink it cold) it can work as well as a warm drink as a refreshing drink for hot days.

Back