• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So I made a profile on Hopper. While a match between Hopper and General Mandible from Antz would be nice, apparently Mandible is far more unimpressive in regards to the power department (at least that's what WickedBinge tells me, I'm not too sure) and most people on this site aren't big on Dreamworks if it's not Shrek or Kung Fu Panda, so I don't think Mandible's getting indexed any time soon. Instead, I decided to see how Hopper would do against a real insect: the Asian Giant Hornet.

The Asian Giant Hornet is a monstrous creature. It has a potent sting, and a single hornet can take out a hundred or so bees. While I can't say how well they'd do against birds, I would imagine they wouldn't do so hot against them. Praying mantises can eat Asian Giant Hornets, although that seems to depend on how aware the hornet is.:

Hopper, on the other hand, is capable of keeping ants in line despite the ants outnumbering his gang 100 to 1. While political and mafia power usually doesn't come with any physical backing, Hopper had survived predation from a bird (the Pixar wiki says it was a blue jay, but I don't think Molt specified what bird tried to eat Hopper in the movie), and he had one-shot one of his own kind while enraged by Molt's nonsense. That's not mentioning he survived being trampled by ants without any sign of injury. He had met his demise at the hands of a songbird, which, unlike any of the bugs in the movie, was completely animalistic in nature.

That's not mentioning that while grasshopper flight is normally limited, Hopper is capable of full flight and had managed to get from a desert to someone's back yard through it.

That being said, the starting distance would be 50 cm. Everything else is SBA.

Here are their profiles:

Hopper's Profile
Murder Hornet's Profile

Who takes this?

Hopper: 0
Hornet: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Hornet stomps. It's physically superior and its stinger is not only strong enough to pierce through suits that were made to protect against bee stings but its poison can also oneshot rats and praying mantises. A honey bee is also superior to an ant and 30 hornets were able to wipe out an army of 30000 honey bees, a 1v100 disadvantage like Hopper. I know there's a video where bees are able to dogpile a hornet to death but they're not killing it with their stingers but rather by using the hornet's weakness to heat.

Last edited:
Hornet stomps. It's physically superior and its stinger is not only strong enough to pierce through suits that were made to protect against bee stings but its poison can also oneshot rats and praying mantises. A honey bee is also superior to an ant and 30 hornets were able to wipe out an army of 30000 honey bees, a 1v100 disadvantage like Hopper. I know there's a video where bees are able to dogpile a hornet to death but they're not killing it with their stingers but rather by using the hornet's weakness to heat.
Eh, bro, I don't think Hopper is exactly an ordinary grasshopper like you're thinking. Dude physically lifted and threw an entire leaf filled to the brim with grains and the occasional berries, said leaf being 54.4 mm long assuming 7.935 mm for the average harvester ant (Hopper is nearly 1.5x the size of an ant). That's 20% larger than an Asian Giant Hornet (45 mm in body length) and he shown no effort in performing the feat. You seriously think a hornet can perform anything similar strength-wise?

Eh, bro, I don't think Hopper is exactly an ordinary grasshopper like you're thinking. Dude physically lifted and threw an entire leaf filled to the brim with grains and the occasional berries, said leaf being 54.4 mm long assuming 7.935 mm for the average harvester ant (Hopper is nearly 1.5x the size of an ant). That's 20% larger than an Asian Giant Hornet (45 mm in body length) and he shown no effort in performing the feat. You seriously think a hornet can perform anything similar strength-wise?
Hornets wrestle with creatures that are larger than them all the time. I admit what I said about them being physically stronger might be a bit overblown but the European Hornet profile states that they can overpower mice which are able to lift up to 70 grams. Furthermore, honey bees are also considerably stronger than ants as they are able to lift 122 times their bodyweight. Either way, the Hornet only needs to stab Hopper once to win. Voting Hornet.

Last edited:
Not voting or intentionally making any major arguments, but a profile does indeed show that Hopper managed to strangle and throttle Manny, a praying mantis (which as we know in real-life, feeds on grasshoppers; though in the movie, he only acts fainting as part of Flik's plan a minute later).

Back