• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homelander vs Your Favourite Characters/Verses - Let's Play "Kick the Homelander"

I'll start.

In Bleach his soul gets pulled out of him or squashed out of him the instant a strong Shinigami or Hollow looks at him.

In John Wick he completely dominates.

Last edited:
In Mission: Yozakura Family, he can only “fight” is this guy who is very inexperienced, but homelander still gets out skilled and out haxed into oblivion

This 4 year old reduces him to vapor on accident with one electric blast
This other 4 year old kills him with a Yo-Yo and freaks out when she outright donuts a man.

In Honkai Impact 3rd
Anyway you know how that goes

In SHY he gets mind haxed, sleep manipulated and gets absorbed simultaneously on sight. He’s forgotten seconds after showing up.

so we gonna bash Homelander right now?
The name is facetious. He's a popular character, and I already listed John Wick as one verse he would dominate. It seemed like an interesting concept, with a character that is well known, fairly dangerous and would attack almost any verse he entered.

All of my fandoms absolutely kick Homelander's ass. I dont think i need to go into detail, but if you want them, i can share

Undertale: If we use Homelander's key 9-A, any relatively strong monster is capable of kicking his ass, if we use key 8-B, then a very Determined Frisk or any human soul is capable of slaughtering him, with him not even being relevant to the divine tier.

One-Punch Man: He is killed by a random nobody

Minecraft: As a 9-A he's not really a threat to anyone important, but as an 8-B... eventually his superior speed wouldn't be able to save him

RWBY: He is killed by a hunter or random Grimm

Steven Universe: A random Ruby soldier kills him

Godzilla: Homelander is Dead

My Hero Academia: He's just a random villain not worth mentioning

The Death Mage Who Doesn't want a Fourth Time: His soul is eaten by the protagonist and his body will also become food.

In Parahumans he gets obliterated by Scion, beaten by Contessa's instant win power, exploded by going within 25 feet of Behemoth, crushed by giant tidal waves from Leviathan, aged into dust by Khonsu, ripped in half by Siberian, mind-controlled by Khepri, reduced to ashes by Sundancer or Lung, thrown into the stratosphere by Ballistic or String Theory, one-shot by Foil, mutated into a pile of flesh by Panacea, assimilated by Echidna, suicided after emotional manipulation from Cherish, time looped by Gray Boy, powernulled by Hatchet Face, erased from existence by Swansong, or just generally destroyed by Legend, Eidolon, Alexandria, Purity, Simurgh, Tohu/Bohu, Chevalier, Crawler, Glaistig Uaine, Goddess, Ash Beast, the Titans, or literally any tinker with prep time

Kirby and Meta Knight: Homelander doesn't even get to fight them he encounters a Waddle dee and tries to kill it only to get punched at relativistic speed once and vaporized with 6-A fodder AP.

Godzilla: He might be able to kill Shin if he is very lucky and doesn't get hit by his attacks. Its likely that shin will end up adapting so his hopes are low but there's some hopes. The rest of godzillas either don't feel his attacks or kill him with ease.

Mewtwo and other pokemon: Homelander gets past some fodder baby pokemon but the moment he sets foot any higher he gets destroyed by any unevolved mon. High tiers like Mewtwo could atomize him before he could even think.

WWE/Professional Wrestling: Unfortunately Homelander clears

Johnny Test: Either gets one-shot and haxxed to oblivion.

Madoka Magica: Gets his ass kicked by any magical girl or witch

Symphogear: Gets blitzed and neg diffed by basic ass noise, much less anyone with an actual name

Princess Tutu: Would do pretty well until Drosselmeyer gets bored of him and writes him to kill himself

Random Genome Soldier one shotting Homelander:
kong-punch-kong-yapping.gif

Final Fantasy 14: He'd be stopped the moment he picks a fight with a Beast Tribe. If he lands in Gridania, he'd likely get screwed by the Elementals in the forest before touching the city; pretty sure he'd get floored by a ******* Moogle if that's not on the table. Limsa's Arcanist Guild would utterly screw him over with Summoners, Scholars, especially the Maruader's guild. Ul'dah has the Black Mages guild (reminder these folks can cast Firaga, Thundaga, Flare, etc) and is home to Gladiators who regularly tussle with things beyond him for sport. Having said this, anything beyond the fringe of Eorzea's main city states is probably death for him. He'd probably die to a Cyclops in Coerthas before ever touching Ishgard's doorstep, and even if he did Dragoons would snipe him out of the sky like a typical wyrm. Also him being in a fight with Hildebrand would be the funniest thing ever to watch. Would love to see how he reacts to listening to Eorzea's history and whatnot and just go "where the **** am I???".

Touhou: The moment he's airbourne he'd be 10000% more likely to encounter someone. He'll probably get harrassed and speedblitzed by Aya, all things considered. He'd have a hard time against lower tier Youkai and Fairies thanks to their general physiology. It'd be a miracle if he survived long enough for Reimu to intervene imo.

Earthbound: I think he'd have a fair shot at maybe 1/4 of the enemies in the game. He'd also stomp early game Ness pretty easily, barring Fatehax. Anything beyond that though is high-level PSI attacks and mind/voidhax from the red swirly fetus bozo. Maybe he'd be able to kill a Starman?

Pokemon: Much like Touhou Spellcard Battles, he absolutely wouldn't conform to the rules of a Pokemon Battle and bully every 10 year old in the surrounding region. Wild Pokemon are another story though, same with Ghost Types.

Yugioh: Same as above but with Duels. Yugi could probably Mindcrush him, but he'd likely get speedblitzed. Kaiba though? That'd be interesting with prep.

Last edited:
FMA: He might have a chance before the god tiers come or Mustang snaps his fingers

Naruto: Immediately packed up by a fodder Genin

Stomped in Berserk
If 9-A he gets stomped in Yakuza
A mere bystander casualty in Devil May Cry
Outspeeds Fear & Hunger but gets obliterated by the end-game PCs and higher if they tag him
Not even noteworthy in the slightest in World of Darkness (even PCs such as Christof Romuald and The Fledgling pack him up once they reach their peaks)
Gets his asscrack mended in Dungeons and Dragons
Gets his foolish ambitions laid to rest by early game bosses in Elden Ring
Goes Hollow in Dark Souls
Becomes yet another casualty of the hunt in Bloodborne
Gets his soul consumed by demons in Demon's Souls
Packed up by Kandar in Evil Dead
Gets folded by a small bald child in ATLA
Gets vored by the Fox Devil in Chainsaw Man
Gets blitzed and one-shot by V in Cyberpunk
Isn't even a notable interruption to Akira and Satan's say gex sessions in Devilman
Gets incinerated by a guy snapping his fingers at him in Fullmetal Alchemist
Gets his head shoved into a pot of imaginary miso soup and drowned in Baki
Victim of the Indomitable Human Spiritin Gurren Lagann
Becomes dragon guano in Game of Thrones
Becomes another unexpected W for Aragorn in Lord of the Rings
Yet another Raiden victim in Metal Gear
Bamboozled by the schemes of The Dog in Silent Hill
Hunted and slain by Geralt in The Witcher
I could list more but don't really feel like it
Bumlander stays losing
233.jpg

Usogui & Classroom of the Elite: Physically, Homelander curbstomps. However, Baku, Souichi, Vincent Lalo, and Ayanokouji can probably pull a James Stillwell/Stan Edgar and prevent Homelander from killing them.
Death Note: In the right circumstance, Light and other Death Note users kill Homelander.
Honkai Impact & Honkai: Star Rail: Homelander is dead.
Zenless Zone Zero: Since the verse lacks feat, he overpowers a good chunk of the verse. However, the hollows passive stomp Homelander due to his lack of resistances.
Hero Killer: He could defeat some lower-tiered character but overall he's fodder.
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream: Homelander is gonna be tortured to hell by AM.
The Divine Comedy: Homelander is going to hell... literally.
Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint & Lord of the Mysteries: Homelander gets killed by most of the verse.

yeah probably lets see

Toaster Dude: He's like 21.77 - 32.5 Tons of TNT, and has incredibly solid mobility to match flight, he also has toast strong enough to crack walls and slice through some materials, so he could probably pull it off.
Ouriel/Room: i love tier 1 boisvert :)
Henry Stickmin: I currently have Henry at like. High 6-A and 2x SoL, so even without retries he's winning
Quote: Blitzing and one-shotting
SCP-079: rest well, scp verse, and probably 079 too. unless he gets access to nukes

How well does Homelander fare if transferred to some of your favourite verses and pitted against some of your favourite characters?

Comic book Homelander is used, due to TV Homelander being likely to be revised after the latest season.

His AP scales above 0.062 Tons if his 9-A key is used, above 14 Tons if his 8-B key is used

So, how does he fare?
The trapped-in-eternal-puberty cloned son of a clumsy writer & a bald nerd beats up Homelander. He may also take drugs while doing so.

Dungeon Meshi: This series doesn't have profiles yet, but it's safe to say that most of the verse hovers in the tier 9 range. Homelander probably splatters 99% of the verse, assuming he's 8-B.

Spoilers for anime only: He absolutely gets stomped by the Demon, however. Though the Demon is much more likely to try and manipulate him first, promising him power and feeding on his desires.

Kengan Asura: Homelander probably blitzes most of the lower tiers. But Wakatsuki outmuscles and twists him into a pretzel.

Dishonored: I actually think Outsider won't mark him. He wouldn't be interesting because he'd fail any sort of morality test Outsider places for him.

He'd try to take over the empire until he meets someone who's marked, who then run his pockets and kill him before he even knows what's happening. Assuming 9-A homelander ofc.

FFVII: Honestly it would be interesting for how an interaction with Sephiroth would go. Now, I only have passing knowledge from The Boys, but from what I've gathered Homelander and Sephiroth share quite a few similarities (please correct me on the stuff I get wrong about Homelander):

• Both are engineered super powerful beings created by a corrupt company which has massive influence in the world (Vought and Shinra).
  • Both were specifically groomed and used by the company as a propaganda tool for their image and became the most popular heroes of their setting thanks to it.
  • Thanks to the procedure of their birth and experimentation both became the strongest individuals in their world by a wide margin.
  • Both are horribly mentally unstable and psychopathic.
  • Both have severe mommy issues (Homelander craving motherly affection due to lacking a true family and psychological grooming, Sephiroth's obsession with Jenova due to his breakdown from finding out he was artifically created on top the stress over losing his best friends)
  • Both have colossally large egos, but the difference is that Homelander desperately wants validation and adoration covering what seems to be some true emotional scars. Sephiroth on the other hand, has a full blow god and messiah complex and couldn't give a rat's buttock about what other people think of him, since he sees everyone as beneath him.

This could lead to an amusing scenario, given Sephiroth's unsubtle fetish for mentally breaking people. The "not so different" situation is already laid out, however Sephiroth has several big advantages for the argument: he can read memories and emotions, so he can quickly find Homelander's traumatic and painful memories and bring them up, he can prey on his doubts and mock him regarding sensitive subjects, he can also take the shape of the people he finds in an individual's memories, usually gunning for loved ones. Sephiroth can take advantage of how much they have in common to make stuff seem more relatable or give weight to his own words, and can come as particularly provoking given how insufferably smug and how he just doesn't care about anyone but himself.

FFVII: Honestly it would be interesting for how an interaction with Sephiroth would go. Now, I only have passing knowledge from The Boys, but from what I've gathered Homelander and Sephiroth share quite a few similarities (please correct me on the stuff I get wrong about Homelander):

• Both are engineered super powerful beings created by a corrupt company which has massive influence in the world (Vought and Shinra).
  • Both were specifically groomed and used by the company as a propaganda tool for their image and became the most popular heroes of their setting thanks to it.
  • Thanks to the procedure of their birth and experimentation both became the strongest individuals in their world by a wide margin.
  • Both have severe mommy issues (Homelander craving motherly affection due to lacking a true family and psychological grooming, Sephiroth's obsession with Jenova due to his breakdown from finding out he was artifically created on top the stress over losing his best friends)
  • Both have colossally large egos, but the difference is that Homelander desperately wants validation and adoration covering what seems to be some true emotional scars. Sephiroth on the other hand, has a full blow god and messiah complex and couldn't give a rat's buttock about what other people think of him, since he sees everyone as beneath him.

This could lead to an amusing scenario, given Sephiroth's unsubtle fetish for mentally breaking people. The "not so different" situation is already laid out, however Sephiroth has several big advantages for the argument: he can read memories and emotions, so he can quickly find Homelander's traumatic and painful memories and bring them up, he can prey on his doubts and mock him regarding sensitive subjects, he can also take the shape of the people he finds in an individual's memories, usually gunning for loved ones. Sephiroth can take advantage of how much they have in common to make stuff seem more relatable or give weight to his own words, and can come as particularly provoking given how insufferably smug and how he just doesn't care about anyone but himself.
These descriptions seem pretty accurate. Although Homelander just sees himself as superior for his power whereas Sephiroth has decided humanity is evil for its actions, and although he is condemning the whole population for the actions of a tiny number he at least has a valid criticism to make, even if he went too far pretty much instantly.

For their actual meeting, there's nothing to stop Sephiroth from making Homelander see all kinds of illusions then dropping him into his supernova dimension. Likewise there'd be nothing to stop Cloud splitting Homelander in two or Barrett from Swiss cheesing him.

I think Sephiroth would make Homelander put on a Cloud wig then they'd make out

I think Sephiroth would make Homelander put on a Cloud wig then they'd make out
Homelander is too hunk-y, Sephiroth likes them slender and pretty.

These descriptions seem pretty accurate. Although Homelander just sees himself as superior for his power whereas Sephiroth has decided humanity is evil for its actions, and although he is condemning the whole population for the actions of a tiny number he at least has a valid criticism to make, even if he went too far pretty much instantly.

For their actual meeting, there's nothing to stop Sephiroth from making Homelander see all kinds of illusions then dropping him into his supernova dimension. Likewise there'd be nothing to stop Cloud splitting Homelander in two or Barrett from Swiss cheesing him.
To be fair, we really don't know what humankind did during the Cetra's encounter with Jenova aside Sephiroth's commentary and given he was already in the middle of a meltdown, we can't really be sure whether he was telling truth or was looking for someone to blame to cope with his situation.

That said, I always believed that him genuinely believing humanity was evil while may have been true initially, it was quickly lost as time went on. After the Nibelheim incident he never brings up his resentment towards humans as traitors or similar, he simply talks about reaching godhood or taking over the Planet to find his Promised Land. Not to mention, he must have found out at some point that Jenova was an alien not a Cetra, so him feeling sympathy for the Ancients because Jenova was one of them would have changed as he realized they were enemies.

There's also his incredibly callous attitude towards the suffering of everybody else. In the On the Way to a Smile novel he outright admits to himself, he just enjoys spreading Geostigma and see people suffer and despair for it.

I mean, you're right, nothing really prevents the cast just winning in a head on fight, but I thought an scenario of Sephiroth doing his other usual schtick would be fun =P.

Mario uses a Star-Man to KO him out of existence.

Doraemon uses the Dictator Switch to erase him and Vought out of existence.

Hello Kitty fills her delicious apple pies with either the strongest Supes virus or the power of friendship and love to neutralize Homelander's powers.

Let's see...

Arknights completely crushes him even before they got upgraded from Town Level. He encounters Reunion, tries to laser Talulah only to find out it does nothing, and gets melted going for h2h

In Honkai Star Rail He gets negged to oblivion by an Aeon.

Dragon Ball... well...most martial artists like Roshi or Tao would just use pressure points or if Homelander tries to tank a ki blast in case he's ****** and he gets skill stomped to oblivion

In Star Wars He tries to test himself against a lightsaber only to get sliced in two

Last edited:
Alright, let's kill fake Superman.
  • Battle for Dream Island: "Homelander, you are not a contestant. Therefore, you are eliminated. Goodbye." (Gets sold out because of Budget Cuts)
  • The Daily Object Show: Funnily enough, you can say that the Smelling Lotions are the series' equivalent to Compound V. That being said, Homelander's no god, so he dies.
  • Epic Battle Fantasy: Even Lance can be a better Homelander than John lmao. Of course he'll have some fallen blood spilled.
  • The Fairly OddParents!: "Cosmo, I wish Homelander was defeated." "YOU GOT IT TIMMY!" (Shows Homelander defeated)
  • Henry Stickmin: Homelander FAILS.
  • Inanimate Insanity: MePhone not only stomps, but he can also prove to be a bigger fraud than John here.
  • Madness Combat: Homelander should not have stepped into Nevada, because there won't be any higher powers to bring him back from having his skull crushed to a pulp by its citizens.
  • Mega Man: Homelander can't beat Air Man.
  • Murder Drones: Homelander might as well bite himself as he's torn to pieces by Disassembly Drones.
  • Total Drama: "Homelander, you are out of the game, so it's time for you to go home. Head on over to the Dock of Shame."

Last edited:
  • Murder Drones: Literally everyone solos Homelander even random nameless humans since they can hurt 5-A robots, he won't even become a Solver's Host because his body is too weak.
  • One Punch Man: Any Tiger level monster solos his 9-A key
  • Undertale: Any random monster solos his 9-A key while the God tiers are Multiversal...........
  • Yume Nikki: Honestly, Homelander could solo most of the characters there but will most likely be BFRed, Madotsuki wakes up and his verse is gone
  • Umineko: Lol.

Back